ImageImage

B Lopez vs Bogut

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ryan7999
Senior
And1: 0

Re: B Lopez vs Bogut 

Post#121 » by ryan7999 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:07 am

midranger wrote:Mo and Bogut had a great on court chemistry and Bogut's offensive game suffered this year because in large part due to Mo's departure.

I was being facetious.

I think Boguts offensive game suffered the most because Skiles kept on setting him up on the low post. Bogut is much more effective at the high and it was dissapointing to see that he didn't seem to have a successful game at the low.
playmaker24
Sophomore

Post#122 » by playmaker24 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:15 am

ryan7999 wrote:
playmaker24 wrote:
If i remember right Mo and Andrew played very well together until they had a falling out - Mogut or something they were called

I haven't seen much of Lopez's man on man defense but Bogut has always had some success in slowing down opposition big men. A perfect example is the matchup against the Magic earlier in the year where Bogut was actually dominating Dwight Howard and the bucks were winning. Then bogut got hit with a killer migraine, left the game, Dwight started dominating and the Magic won.

Bogut actaully went out with a Knee injury (Bruised?) when he and Dwight collided, but you are right he was winning the battle on that night.

Knee injury, that's right. It's hard to keep up considering there's been migraines, back injuries and knee injuries this year.
playmaker24
Sophomore

Post#123 » by playmaker24 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:18 am

ryan7999 wrote:
midranger wrote:Mo and Bogut had a great on court chemistry and Bogut's offensive game suffered this year because in large part due to Mo's departure.

I was being facetious.

I think Boguts offensive game suffered the most because Skiles kept on setting him up on the low post. Bogut is much more effective at the high and it was dissapointing to see that he didn't seem to have a successful game at the low.

This is pretty much right on the money. I've actually asked Bogut why he shoots the mid-range jumper when playing for the Aussie National Team, but not in the NBA. If anyone watched the last olympics, and i believe many here will recall, bogut was nailing three's with regularity. He's basically been asked to play on the low post as part of skiles offensive schemes. He also feels that it's the element of his game that is most effective in the NBA.

So he can hit the mid-range jumper, just chooses to fit within the teams offensive schemes. If anything, bogut is a team first guy, stats second and that's probably why he hasn't been producing more on the offensive end as well.
ryan7999
Senior

Post#124 » by ryan7999 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 2:31 am

playmaker24 wrote:
ryan7999 wrote:

I was being facetious.

This is pretty much right on the money. I've actually asked Bogut why he shoots the mid-range jumper when playing for the Aussie National Team, but not in the NBA. If anyone watched the last olympics, and i believe many here will recall, bogut was nailing three's with regularity. He's basically been asked to play on the low post as part of skiles offensive schemes. He also feels that it's the element of his game that is most effective in the NBA.

So he can hit the mid-range jumper, just chooses to fit within the teams offensive schemes. If anything, bogut is a team first guy, stats second and that's probably why he hasn't been producing more on the offensive end as well.

Team player or not, he has passed up open mid range jumpers (which are actually for the good of the team if he takes them) or worse he has faked to shoot, his defender doesn't bite and then actaully tries to shoot and it looks plain ugly/rushed. It looks to me like a confidence issue (how anyone in the NBA can have a confidence issue is beyond me but that is another topic), he needs to shoot it when he is open without a second thought, when he does this and he only does this on the rarest of occasions (see Bigfoot sightings) his shot looks ok and it is for the good of the team to have a big man hit the mid range jumper.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks