Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Bucks First Round Pick Is Joe Alexander 

Post#301 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 3:13 pm

smooth 'lil balla wrote:
Ayt wrote:This is from a different thread, but I wasn't high on Alexander:

Ayt wrote:I definitely don't see a huge ceiling with Alexander. He tested out as a great athlete and flashed it at times in games, but his offensive game is lacking, despite some very big scoring games. His favorite move was a fadeaway midrange jumper. He had a lot of trouble driving by NCAA level defenders, when, if you think he's some super athlete, he should have been doing it with ease.

His great athleticism didn't translate all that well into production on many nights. He also made a killing in the post a lot of the time, and that simply won't fly going up against guys just as big and athletic as him at the SF spot in the NBA. He's going to have to make some serious changes to how he plays his game to be effective in the NBA.

I think he'll struggle big time early in his career. His post game isn't going to work like it did in college. His fadeaway is going to be much tougher to convert against NBA caliber athletes. He already had trouble driving by college players, so his slashing game will be even worse than it already is. And he's not a good spot up outside shooter. What will he do well offensively?

wow, this is spot on. Impressively described his rookie years. I think he'll be vastly improved next year.

Except the part about him not being able to slash. One of his only strengths this year has been his first step and his ability to blow by people.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks