ImageImage

Post Game: Bucks vs Hawks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Skyhawk1
Starter
And1: 102

Re: Post Game: Bucks vs Hawks 

Post#41 » by Skyhawk1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:36 am

Well guys, I thought this would be a much closer game. When you guys were here in Dec. I think, you played much better. RJ had the ball more often and where he can do some damage. I've never been a Redd fan, and still think you got to trade him. I do not get why the Bucks haven't done it yet. Other than that, CV can score. Now, i know Bogut is a huge part of the Bucks, but there's a huge hole in that paint. You need a consistent PF more than anything IMO. Good luck on the rest of the season.
GO HAWKS.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#42 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:41 am

Skyhawk1 wrote:I've never been a Redd fan, and still think you got to trade him. I do not get why the Bucks haven't done it yet.

Are you serious? Look at all of our success with him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ninja416
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by ninja416 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 am

Skyhawk1 wrote:Well guys, I thought this would be a much closer game. When you guys were here in Dec. I think, you played much better. RJ had the ball more often and where he can do some damage. I've never been a Redd fan, and still think you got to trade him. I do not get why the Bucks haven't done it yet. Other than that, CV can score. Now, i know Bogut is a huge part of the Bucks, but there's a huge hole in that paint. You need a consistent PF more than anything IMO. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Ironically, our PF has been the most consistent player the past 5 games.. sigh..
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#44 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 am

on sportscenter they did a little segment with top 5 fun plays to watch from this game and somehow that segment with rj and redd missing layups and then rj getting hit with the pass didn't make it

talk about fixed contests...
Hawks
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by Hawks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:33 am

Bucks could probably get Zaza back this offseason. He will likely want the MLE. I doubt the Hawks bring him back. I think they want to. We got too many players to re-sign-JJ,Marvin,Bibby,Horford, and Chill is likely to return next year.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#46 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:35 am

Hawks wrote:Bucks could probably get Zaza back this offseason.

No chance. We'll probably lose at least one of CV and Sessions because we'll be right up against the luxury tax.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#47 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:33 am

Eric Gordon with 41 tonight :o
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#48 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:47 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Eric Gordon with 41 tonight :o

finally someone hammond couldn't have picked instead of joe :D
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#49 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:24 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Zaza Pachulia:I miss Milwaukee.

Would be a great addition for a backup. Didn't we have a choice between giving Gadz and Zaza long term deals but chose Gadz?

Thanks Larry.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#50 » by Nowak008 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:28 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Eric Gordon with 41 tonight :o

Elite.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:32 am

jerrod wrote:is jon not aware that we did draft marbury?

Yeah he is. When Ray hit his first NBA 3 and AI threw up his first NBA airball, Jonny Mac was busy whining about the Bucks not keeping the great Marbury ....

Sorta sums up Bucks culture in a way.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#52 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 am

This is a .500 team with Bogut and a POS team without him. Why anyone wants either is well beyond my comprehension. Blow this roster to high heaven.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#53 » by icat2000 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 am

Can't keep blowing the roster to high heaven every season. Redd definately needs to go. This guy is terrible when he is not hitting shots.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:42 pm

I have to say that the guys looked tired tonight. This schedule is catching up with them. 8 more road games. They haven't had two days in a row off since December. Another Away/Home back to back. Bogut being out all month. Very unfortunate. I would love to make an RJ trade though. He either doesn't want to be here or can't play anymore. I find it hard to believe that a guy scoring 22 a game last year has lost it at the age of 28.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#55 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:49 pm

wichmae wrote:Anyone honestly think we would be that much worse record wise with Redd and RJ gone?

That would be a big NO, if they were replaced by solid young players and if said trade(s) strengthen the frontcourt.

bogutneedsballs wrote:I have to say that the guys looked tired tonight. This schedule is catching up with them. 8 more road games. They haven't had two days in a row off since December. Another Away/Home back to back. Bogut being out all month. Very unfortunate. I would love to make an RJ trade though. He either doesn't want to be here or can't play anymore. I find it hard to believe that a guy scoring 22 a game last year has lost it at the age of 28.

Yes, they looked tired, but so did the Hawks.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#56 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 pm

wasn't this the easy part of the schedule?
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
wichmae wrote:Anyone honestly think we would be that much worse record wise with Redd and RJ gone?

That would be a big NO, if they were replaced by solid young players and if said trade(s) strengthen the frontcourt.

bogutneedsballs wrote:I have to say that the guys looked tired tonight. This schedule is catching up with them. 8 more road games. They haven't had two days in a row off since December. Another Away/Home back to back. Bogut being out all month. Very unfortunate. I would love to make an RJ trade though. He either doesn't want to be here or can't play anymore. I find it hard to believe that a guy scoring 22 a game last year has lost it at the age of 28.

Yes, they looked tired, but so did the Hawks.

Why would the Hawks be tired? They had two days off and have played 4 less games this season. The Bucks schedule so far has been unbelievably difficult.

I had the Bucks going 10-8 through this so called easy part. I just didn't see it as that easy. We play 18 games and do not have two days off in a row the entire month. Add in the Bogut injury and 9-9 would be excellent. I still think a win tonight and 3-1 next week is possible yet.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#58 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm

icat2000 wrote:Can't keep blowing the roster to high heaven every season.

Every season? How many times in the last 10 years have we done it?

old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,494

Post#59 » by old skool » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:36 pm

I think that all of the travel has hurt the Bucks, but it does not excuse everything.

The Bucks have had six more road games than the Hawks this season. Six trips additional trips in about 12 weeks. That is not an insignificant amount of extra travel, especially when they started out with a pre-season jaunt to China.

This is the NBA, where the inexplicable happens all the time. Going from a one sided blowout over the Mavs to a one sided blowout loss to the Hawks is not unusual. It is just disappointing.

Still, the Bucks are about on track to finish a game or two under .500, near the final playoff spot.

oLd sKool

Return to Milwaukee Bucks