OT: Eric Gordon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Re: OT: Eric Gordon 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:Why would the Knicks want to take on Redd when they are clearly clearing space for 2010?

Back in June the Knicks had no clue they'd find so many wonderful takers for their bad contracts like Zach Randolph. Did any of you guys think Donnie Walsh could clear out enough deadweight in his six-months on the job to sign two max players in 2010? Too bad we couldn't have hired Walsh as our GM.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:Why would the Knicks want to take on Redd when they are clearly clearing space for 2010?

Back in June the Knicks had no clue they'd find so many wonderful takers for their bad contracts like Zach Randolph. Did any of you guys think Donnie Walsh could clear out enough deadweight in his six-months on the job to sign two max players in 2010? Too bad we couldn't have hired Walsh as our GM.[/quote

I am sure that their plan was to be patient and let the stupid G.M.'s (Dunleavy) come to them.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#23 » by Max Green » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:55 pm

I believe Woerful reported on the one of the post game shows that the Knicks was very interested in acquiring Redd this summer.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:
jerrod wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:At that time there was no way I would want to add Sessions to the 8th pick just to move up two slots. I still don't like that now.

don't worry about it, not everyone knows a lot about basketball :D

So it would be a slam dunk to trade Joe and Sessions for Gordon? How about the panic that would have ensued if Hammond traded Sessions and the 8th pick to move up two slots. You have to think Sessions is garbage to make that deal.

I think it would be a great idea to spend every day bitching about the Alexander pick.

But please give me more of your advanced basketball knowledge.

see that smiley? it was a joke. boy, people are edgy lately
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 pm

don't worry about it, not everyone knows a lot about basketball :D[/quote]

So it would be a slam dunk to trade Joe and Sessions for Gordon? How about the panic that would have ensued if Hammond traded Sessions and the 8th pick to move up two slots. You have to think Sessions is garbage to make that deal.

I think it would be a great idea to spend every day bitching about the Alexander pick.

But please give me more of your advanced basketball knowledge.[/quote]

see that smiley? it was a joke. boy, people are edgy lately[/quote]

I'm sorry. My bad. :D
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#26 » by midranger » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I know I posted this trade...

Cat Mobley, Tim Thomas, Clipps #1 for Redd

... at least 100 times last summer. At the time, the Clipps thought they could pair up Brand with Baron. Adding Redd would have made sense. For us, I wanted to draft Redd's elite scoring replacement in Gordon and have two contracts come off the books in 2010 with Simmons, and possibly Ridnour if you went on to make that move.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#27 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:18 am

I've been an EJ believer ever since he was in high school. Especially once I saw him at the Kohl Center last year. You could just feel it that he could pull the trigger and and score at any given moment. Very, very athletic and is naturally strong. Very strong.

That would have landed us our "franchise player" that we always seem to miss out on. He is the real deal.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#28 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:28 am

Neptune_Balla21 wrote:I've been an EJ believer ever since he was in high school. Especially once I saw him at the Kohl Center last year. You could just feel it that he could pull the trigger and and score at any given moment. Very, very athletic and is naturally strong. Very strong.

That would have landed us our "franchise player" that we always seem to miss out on. He is the real deal.

You've been an EJ believer since he was in high school? Why are we talking about Ervin Johnson here?
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#29 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:46 am

If you knew anything about Eric Gordon Jr., you would know that his nickname is EJ.

But I do love Ervin Johnson. He's a good man.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#30 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:39 am

Neptune_Balla21 wrote:If you knew anything about Eric Gordon Jr., you would know that his nickname is EJ.

But I do love Ervin Johnson. He's a good man.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know I don't use green font!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#31 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:50 pm

midranger wrote:I know I posted this trade...

Cat Mobley, Tim Thomas, Clipps #1 for Redd

... at least 100 times last summer. At the time, the Clipps thought they could pair up Brand with Baron. Adding Redd would have made sense. For us, I wanted to draft Redd's elite scoring replacement in Gordon and have two contracts come off the books in 2010 with Simmons, and possibly Ridnour if you went on to make that move.

Yeah but in all fairness is there an old Redd trade idea on this forum that doesn't look good now? Gordon, Iggy, Kevin Martin, Salmons, Mayo, Roy, Joe Johnson, etc. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Brewhaha
Senior
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Brewhaha » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:43 pm

I love how everyone hates JA now, but before the draft the majority here wanted him to be the pick.
I win a lot

Return to Milwaukee Bucks