ImageImage

Phoenix is open to moving Amare

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Phoenix is open to moving Amare 

Post#21 » by europa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm

msiris wrote:He wants to go to NY from what I understand. I do not see the Suns dealing AS. It will blow over in a while. The Suns just made a crappy trade and thats what really hurt them. :D

I think the bigger problem is they tried to get by on the cheap with their new head coach and that decision is biting them in the ass. I like Terry Porter as a person quite a bit but I said when he was hired that I couldn't believe he got the job.
Nothing will not break me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#22 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 pm

europa wrote:
That's a very easy sell for Steve Kerr in my opinion.

It might be for Steve Kerr, but Robert Sarver might not agree. They would be paying the luxury tax again next season. They would have trouble trying to resign Sessions and Villanueva, just like the Bucks will if they stand pat.

I think that in any trade that sends out Amare or Nash (yes, I could see them being open to trading him), that one of the things they will look for is salary relief.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,676

Post#23 » by msiris » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 pm

europa wrote:
msiris wrote:He wants to go to NY from what I understand. I do not see the Suns dealing AS. It will blow over in a while. The Suns just made a crappy trade and thats what really hurt them. :D

I think the bigger problem is they tried to get by on the cheap with their new head coach and that decision is biting them in the ass. I like Terry Porter as a person quite a bit but I said when he was hired that I couldn't believe he got the job.
I think that age is also taken its toll. Shaq, Nash, and Richardson are all up in age. Dallas and the Spurs have the same thing.
Ride the tank
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

If Phoenix wants capspace we could try a three way with Portland.

Portland gets RJ

Phoenix gets Lafrentz, Sessions, CV

Milwaukee gets Stoudemire, Diogu, Rodgriguez

Add in a protected first to get it done.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#25 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:55 pm

I am down here in Atlanta awaiting the Pheonix Suns to trot in after watching the Bucks debacle last night in utter embrassment...

So please don't tease me with the prospects of Amare playing our Bucks' at this time...that would be a godsend.

The Bucks' looked horrible and sluggish against the Hawks' last night as I knew they would after the
'means nothing, fluke win against the Mavericks the other night.

Now I am more excting in seeing the Suns' storm into beautiful Phillps Arena tommorrow night then I have been to watch an NBA game in a long time.

I will not play another dime on the Bucks' this year unless I go to see the visiting team or if there is a complete makeover of this roster. Just an utter travesty what this franchise as become.

If I see one more hawk go for a back door layup and a Bucks' player miss their man and assignment I am gonna scream. Richard Jefferson doesn't want to play here. Get his ass out! Josh Smith kicked him up and down the floor.

The Hawks have matured...even JJ who looked off still managed the game perfectly for his team and Mike Bibby simply owned Luke Ridnour who is a worse player and defender then Mo Williams. You who wanted him over Mo are ...insane!

Gadzuric dumb as a rock. Charlie outside of his offense will never amount to anything once he gets off this contract lock down he is. Simply does not concentrate on defense or boxing out or getting the ball. But he looks exceptional on offense! I am happy for him.

If we can package him Jefferson, Alexander, Ridnour and Gadzuric or AN UNPROTECTED LOTTERY PICK and get Amare and perhaps Barbosa and Lopez I am all for it.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#26 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:05 pm

jeremyd236 wrote:You don't think a trade of RJ/CV/Sessions/1st could get their attention?

For Amare, Barnes and or Barbosa I would do it... But Amare might want to join D'Antoni in New York so he can play in his system again.

But he would win here with Redd and Bogut as well and would be the man here.

But Skiles would perhaps pull him for some defensive laspes or not want to coach him at all and D'Antoni would never take him out...no matter what he did.

As a fan I would love to have him here...though and would be indebted to Senator Kohl if he got it done even if Amare stayed for a short time.

Those would be games of completely joy if he got here and we have a Bucks' player dropping 50 on other teams and dominating them and getting a 'W' for a change instead of having that happen to us!

Why can't we build a team like they are down there in Oklahoma...Durant, Green, and Westbrook are a young trio worth living for and waiting for in Oklahoma. Why can't our organization do that!?

Teams like the Thunder, Blazers, Hawks, and even the Grizzlies...and then look at this train wreck... :roll:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#27 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 pm

europa wrote:I disagree. A lineup of:

Ridnour
Redd/RJ
M&M
Stoudamire
Bogut

Makes the Bucks a threat in the East this year.

+1

If they actually do decide to move Amare there's plenty of options for them. They could take on veterans and still try to compete, they could take on expirings and young players/picks and look to rebuild or they could take a combination.

We could offer all three options.

RJ or Redd/Lue/Sessions/unprotected 1st for Amare
Jones/Villanueva/Lue/Alexander/Sessions/Elson/unprotected 1st/cash to buy out Lue or Elson for Amare
RJ or Redd/Villanueva/Sessions/top 3 protected 1st for Amare
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#28 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Not a good idea to include Ramon. He's the right PG to lead Redd, Mbah a Moute, Amare and Bogut.

The deal should be Jefferson/Villanueva/Lue/1st for Amare and Alando. No need to give up Ramon and we shouldn't make the deal if they want him included.

I'd put Ridnour in the deal instead, but a 3rd team (Knicks) would likely need to be involved then.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#29 » by xTitan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:03 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
xTitan wrote:Hammond is the GM, Skiles is the coach........Stoudemire doesn't defend....next question? My preference is to get a solid, all-around PF and then put every resource I have into getting an elite backcourt player who can run my half court offense and make players around him better. This is obviously the toughest thing to find, but the Bucks really haven't had a player like that since Moncreif.

The players you describe as looking to acquire sound a lot like Duncan and Wade. So, good luck with that.

Redd doesn't defend and neither does Villanueva. But I don't think you can argue that both haven't improved under Skiles. Its shortsighted to assume that Amare can't improve under his system and coaching style. So far Amare has really only played for D'Antoni and Porter and I wouldn't put Porter even near Skiles in terms of defensively minded coaches and the impact he can make.

Plus, Amare is such an elite talent that his problems defensively could be masked by having a good defender on both sides of him.

You guys are right that probably Redd/CV alone won't get it done so I would give them their choice of a first or Sessions. They definitely need a PG so I could see them taking Sessions right away. Redd/CV/Sessions for Amare/Alando would take Redd off the books and put that money into the frontcourt and then it would take away two contract issues we could avoid this next year. Also, I could see the Bucks looking to nab Alando not only to help fill minutes at the SG spot but also because he's a Wisconsin guy.

Amare and Alando would certainly create a buzz for the Bucks and would put plenty of fans in the seats for the rest of the season. Amare and RJ would give this team a really solid duo with plenty of playoff experience. Perhaps Amare could finally feel like this is "his" team and would step it up back to where he was last year (he had like 25 games of 30 points or more) and would take this team to a potential 4th-6th seed in the playoffs and a great chance to win a playoff series.

Actually I think Devin Harris is the type of player I am describing and he was obviously available, perhaps the Bucks didn't have the firepower to acquire him but that is what I want. I am not a Stoudemire fan, just a selfish, me first player and personally I don't think those guys win....just my opinion.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#30 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Not a good idea to include Ramon. He's the right PG to lead Redd, Mbah a Moute, Amare and Bogut.

The deal should be Jefferson/Villanueva/Lue/1st for Amare and Alando. No need to give up Ramon and we shouldn't make the deal if they want him included.

I'd put Ridnour in the deal instead, but a 3rd team (Knicks) would likely need to be involved then.

How does Phoenix afford Richard Jefferson, and why do they want him? Why do they want a year rental of Villanueva, when they probably won't be able to resign him?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#31 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:Not a good idea to include Ramon. He's the right PG to lead Redd, Mbah a Moute, Amare and Bogut.

How does Phoenix afford Richard Jefferson, and why do they want him? Why do they want a year rental of Villanueva, when they probably won't be able to resign him?

Jefferson has the Steve Blake complex right now. He's much better than this and he'd be completely renewed going to Phoenix. He just gave them 5mil a few months ago. Allows them to trade Grant Hill.

Villanueva would work well with Shaq, it that's their game plan. Villanueva will only get better and maybe Phoenix would resign him.

I don't think Ramon should go in the deal. I think they've already got Marcus Banks or somebody, so they've got their backup PG. Send them Ridnour, so they can trade Nash to New York.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#32 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Nebula1 wrote:

Send them Ridnour, so they can trade Nash to New York.

Now that I agree with.

europa
RealGM

Post#33 » by europa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 pm

trwi7 wrote:
europa wrote:I disagree. A lineup of:

Ridnour
Redd/RJ
M&M
Stoudamire
Bogut

Makes the Bucks a threat in the East this year.

+1

If they actually do decide to move Amare there's plenty of options for them. They could take on veterans and still try to compete, they could take on expirings and young players/picks and look to rebuild or they could take a combination.

We could offer all three options.

RJ or Redd/Lue/Sessions/unprotected 1st for Amare
Jones/Villanueva/Lue/Alexander/Sessions/Elson/unprotected 1st/cash to buy out Lue or Elson for Amare
RJ or Redd/Villanueva/Sessions/top 3 protected 1st for Amare

I'd prefer the second (I'm guessing most of us probably would) but any of the three works for me. The third one (my offer of RJ/Villanueva/Sessions with a 1st thrown in) is better than the return the T'Wolves got for Garnett. Al Jefferson is obviously better than RJ, but Villanueva/Sessions and the future first trumps Gomes and the collection of crap the Celtics threw into that trade. Plus, unlike the T'Wolves in the Garnett deal, the Suns wouldn't be surrendering a first-round pick in the deal.

The Suns aren't getting an expiring like Minnesota got but the significant overall talent upgrade in comparison to the Garnett deal should be a strong selling point for Kerr to take to Suns' management. And even if the Suns are inclined to blow their team up, they still have two young pieces (Villanueva and Sessions) they can re-sign for the future plus the Bucks' first-round pick.

Helluva deal for Phoenix and obviously it's one that makes the Bucks significantly better as well. Hammond would have a challenge adding depth next season without the first-round pick but the draft is expected to be weak anyway plus he may be getting Ilyasova back. I'm not sold on him but if he's as good as many here believe, he could trump the first-round pick in terms of talent and step into the Villanueva role as a scoring PF off the bench. Hit another home run in the second round like he did this year and things look even better.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#34 » by drew881 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Phoenix won't take on Redd or Jefferson's contract. You have to realize that they have been cutting salary for a long time now (getting rid of Diaw, Bell, Kurt Thomas, selling draft picks to portland). I don't think they will touch any of those contracts.

CV is a risky move: They risk not being able to resign him. Kerr is under enough fire. He doesn't need a controversial deal in which 1) he can't resign the player he traded for, or 2) he signs CV to a large deal and he is a bust.

Phoenix has a ton of forwards: Hill, Barnes, Dudley. I don't know what they would do with Jefferson.
Phoenix just traded for a SG (a cheaper version of Redd).

I guess you could say they would trade a SF if they got Jefferson. Grant Hill is a FA after this year, and maybe done. I don't think he has any trade value, aside from a future draft pick to a contending team (who would have to be under the cap to take him anyway, or send back an expiring deal). I think they would rather have Barnes over Jefferson though - he is cheaper.

Looking at the guards: Why would Phoenix want Sessions? I think they might actually be high on their rookie Dragic, who could take over from Nash maybe in 2 years. Sessions seems like Barbosa with less range (they already have money tied up in him).

I don't think we are good trading partners with Phoenix. Maybe include a third team?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#35 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 pm

you all are on crack.

it would take significantly more to get amare.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#36 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Could the Suns afford to keep RJ, Sessions, and CV? If they can I think they might do this deal, but if not I'm much less sure.

RJ is needed becuase the main reason they are trading Amare is for defense, and they'd be depending on RJ to really turn it up on that side of the court (like he is capable of but apparently unwilling to do here). I'd kill for them to be willing to take on Redd in this kind of deal, but I just odn't see it.
europa
RealGM

Post#37 » by europa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Will Perdude wrote:you all are on crack.

I don't think it's realistic but as I posted, the Celtics got Garnett for a helluva lot less in terms of talent. And he's a better player than Stoudamire.

More importantly, I think this is the best way for the Bucks to get that star type player - to acquire one who has his issues. I don't think it's realistic to expect the Bucks to get one in the lottery given how their numerous lottery trips in recent years haven't produced one and they won't get one in free agency. This is the most realistic way to acquire one in my opinion. To target a star who's on the outs with his team for whatever reason(s) and go in with both barrels blasting in terms of the trade offer.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#38 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 pm

I agree. If this did happen (RJ, Villanueva, Sessions, 1st) then we would have about $65 million commited to nine players. We'd have our second round pick (maybe Taj Gibson or one of the Marquette trio?)

Ridnour/Bell
Redd/McNeal
LRMAM/Alexander
Amare/Ilyasova/Allen
Bogut/Gadz/Allen

Depth would be a problem, but that starting five would be a ton of fun to watch.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

trwi7
RealGM

Post#39 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Will Perdude wrote:you all are on crack.

Who's going to offer it? I doubt you'll see a star for star swap. Teams aren't going to trade five or six young assets for him. They're also not going to trade a decent veteran for him (who the Suns could turn around and trade for expirings/picks/youth if they so desire.)

europa
RealGM

Post#40 » by europa » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Maybe the Bucks could talk the Suns into an exchange of 2009 picks. I don't think it's something the Bucks need to push for, but maybe the Suns feel like adding Villanueva, Sessions and the Bucks' first is enough youth in the deal and a lower first-round pick isn't of interest to them. For the Bucks, it gives someone Hammond can use for depth or possibly in combination with a player (or players) to make a pre-draft trade.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks