ImageImage

Phoenix is open to moving Amare

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Phoenix is open to moving Amare 

Post#61 » by heynow » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:23 pm

A front line of Amare/Bogut/and the Prince would make us a player in the East.

However I have my doubts that the Senator would OK a trade involving Redd.

Plus Amare has a bit of a rep as a bad boy.

Look as a BB trade from the Bucks perspective it is a no brainer.
However with the senator at the gate, decisions will not always be made based on BB alone.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#62 » by Nebula1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:55 pm

We're not giving up Ramon. Amare is good, but not worth giving up the farm for.

The deal should be:

Jefferson, Villanueva, Lue, and 1st for Amare and Alando.
austuf
Senior
And1: 11

Post#63 » by austuf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:01 pm

I think we could be a player here.
Shaq backing up CV is a better than Bogut.
Pairing Nash with CV and Shaq is a potent offence.
The last time RJ played with a PG of Nash's calibre he looked like an Allstar.

I'd rather throw in a pick than Sessions though.
While an avid reader, I am not a prolific poster.
GO BUCKS!!!!!
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#64 » by xTitan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 am

I am hearing Atlanta being the team who might swing this deal....but Pheonix is only "listening" not openly shopping.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#65 » by europa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 am

If the Hawks included Horford in the trade, that might trump anything any other team, including the Bucks, could offer. If they were able to make the trade without getting rid of Horford, the rest of the East would have some major trouble stopping that front line. A Horford-Stoudamire front line would be damn good.
Nothing will not break me.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#66 » by jokeboy86 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:27 am

What's the name of Vince McMahon's theme song?
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#67 » by Octopus Jonny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:44 am

I didn't feel like reading past page two, and I'm sorry if this was already posted.

Anybody else immediately think of :

This Trade Succeeded!
New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Photo: Grant Hill
Grant Hill
Salary: $1,976,400 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 10.6 REB: 4.7 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.78
Photo: Amare Stoudemire
Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.0 AST: 2.2 PER: 20.87

Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury
Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players
Photo: Stephon Marbury
Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Grant Hill, Amare Stoudemire

And OMG it works perfect. PHX gets salary relief and someone to spell Nash or even make him a backup. NY gets an expiring veteran SF and a star player to help lure in Lebron.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,060

Post#68 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:58 am

Nebula1 wrote:We're not giving up Ramon. Amare is good, but not worth giving up the farm for.

One of the funniest statements I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#69 » by midranger » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:15 am

Lord knows you can even think about giving up a backup PG for a 1st team All-NBA PF.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#70 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:37 am

If Phoenix would do it, Hammond wouldn't think twice about something like RJ/CV/Sessions for Amare/Hill.

If Hammond was willing to part with Sessions for Conley, I think he may consider letting him go for Amare.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,060

Post#71 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:01 am

midranger wrote:Lord knows you can even think about giving up a backup PG for a 1st team All-NBA PF.

Sorry, mid, you've been replaced in my sig.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#72 » by apdamico » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am

Has anyone bothered to look at the Suns roster? They just picked up Jason Richardson and he's on their books until 2011 and they also have Barbosa on the books until at least 2011/12, no way the Suns could possibly take on another SG in Redd. RJ maybe, but most definately not Redd.

The Suns are looking to deal Barbosa and that might happen, the Amare trade won't or at least not to the Bucks!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#73 » by jerrod » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:26 am

DrugBust wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:We're not giving up Ramon. Amare is good, but not worth giving up the farm for.

One of the funniest statements I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.

i'd be willing to bet that some corner of nebula's crib prominently features pictures of ramon and some candles.

amare just isn't much of a defender, and i thought that's what we wanted? it's like the style of power forward that people want goes out the window whenever a star might be available. now i find that funny because of all the posts that have proclaimed that fit is more important than talent at this stage. which of course, this is the opposite. :dontknow:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#74 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Terry Porter was a big fan of Redd and it was the only year that Redd was an All-Star, could CV's recent strong play entice the Suns to take a package of Redd/CV for Amare/Alando (it works in the checker)?

I'm sure I read here that Redd was part of the reason that Porter was sacked. Was it Gad who mentioned that?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,067

Post#75 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:01 pm

AussieBuck wrote:I'm sure I read here that Redd was part of the reason that Porter was sacked. Was it Gad who mentioned that?

It wasn't necessarily Porter. Redd didn't like Porter's assistant head coach Mike Shuler. But that said, Redd makes zero sense in Phoenix at that salary and since they already have a cheaper, better version in Jason Richardson.

RJ/CV and a future #1 in any of the next two years (Phoenix choice). But even that offer is laughable compared to what Phoenix could get from other teams.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#76 » by xTitan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:17 pm

From what I am hearing no one in Pheonix is a big fan of Terry Porter....or Steve Kerr for that matter.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#77 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:23 pm

DrugBust wrote:

Because I refuse to include Ramon in the deal, that's that funny? Ramon would be the right PG to lead Redd, Luc, Amare and Bogut. Therefore, I don't want him gone. He's too good to let go right now, even for Amare. Just because you can't see it, doesn't make it untrue.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#78 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

jerrod wrote:
DrugBust wrote:

i'd be willing to bet that some corner of nebula's crib prominently features pictures of ramon and some candles.

You're **** hilarious too...

I've been watching the Bucks franchise for a long time now. We haven't had a PG in a very, very, very long time. We sorta had one in Cassell, but he's not a real PG. We tried with some others, but Ramon is the first genuine PG to walk through that door. Forgive me for thinking PG is the most important position on the team and having a guy who is showing potential to hold that spot for a long time is worth keeping.

This is, for the most part, Ramon's rookie campaign. His ROOKIE campaign. Guys get better and he's showing constant improvement. It's beyond foolish to let guys go who produce for you in the right way.

I'm not surprised however. You've always been a step slow when it comes to basketball.

I like this team as much as anybody on this board. I see real success coming from the PG position. I think Ramon is that guy, so I will argue with anybody wanting to trade him. Even for Amare.

The only picture I have up in my crib is of your girlfriend and my dick in her mouth.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks