for

2009 1st (top 5 protected)
Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.5 minutes
Richard Jefferson
6-7 SF from Arizona
17.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 35.5 minutes

Lets face it, we may have to give up our 1st next year to get the cap space we need.

Draft
** hopefully our pick would be top 5 and we could retain it **
1(top5/mil): Greg Monroe PF/C Age: 18, 6'10", 226 lbs.Georgetown, Freshman
2(mil): Jerome Jordan C Age: 22 years old; 7'0"; 235 lbs.Tulsa, Junior
2(port): Dominic James PG Age: 22 years old; 6'0"; 175 lbs.Marquette, Senior

2009-2010 team
PG: Ridnour/Sessions/James/Lue
SG: Webster/Redd/Bell
SF: Outlaw/Mbah a Moute/Alexander
PF: Villanueva/Monroe/Illyasova
C: Bogut/Jordan/Elston

We would be a bit like the hawks with a plethera of athletic swingmen.
Trade Redd asap for 2010 picks.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Would Portland do this? 

Post#2 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm

No, and you've got to stop trying to rip off the other team in all your deals. You are making progress though. Keep working at it.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#3 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Uhhh, no. And no to drafting Dominic James, too.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#4 » by contract » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm not a Bucks fan, but I would stick to ...

R.Jefferson + M.Allen ... with R.LaFrentz + T.Outlaw coming back this way

And hold on to the #1 pick. I understand that you want to ditch Gadzuric's contract, but that may be asking the impossible.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,420

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Lippo, I misread your initial TI in this thread and locked it based on that. I apologize, Mondays aren't good sometimes I've reopened the thread.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#6 » by Lippo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=874747&p=18383893#p18383893

here the topic on the Blazers forum
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#7 » by Lippo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Uhhh, no. And no to drafting Dominic James, too.

Agreed, Just found a PG available late 2nd. Maybe Price from UCONN would be better,
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,420

Re: TI: Would Portland do this? 

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 pm

I like what Lippo did by posting the same TI on the Portland board. If you guys have a TI and really think it's fair to both teams, post it on the other board as well so we can see their comments.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#9 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 pm

I used to laugh at the garbage portland trades. But now that Memphis signed Darius Miles, and screwed their chances of adding an impact free agent and retaining their own young talent, everything is up for grabs in Portland.

If I had to guess, I would say that Portland's best course of action is to admit that they are not going to be able to land a stud max free agent, but that they can continue to "buy" first round picks from teams looking to stay under the tax threshold (like how they got Fernandez). But as they do that, some of those youngsters will fit in, and some will want out to a situation where they can get more playing time.

The final big question, is now what do they do with LaFrentz' deal. I could see them moving it for RJ, if RJ had not playe dso terrible this season. Vintage RJ (moving without the ball, playing lock down defense, knocking down open jumpers, finishing on the break) fits in with the team they have. But right now RJ (whining about no calls, missing open jumpers, bricking lay ins, etc)... wouldn't Portland rather go another direction?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#10 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 am

Will Perdude wrote:I used to laugh at the garbage portland trades. But now that Memphis signed Darius Miles, and screwed their chances of adding an impact free agent and retaining their own young talent, everything is up for grabs in Portland.

The Miles situation certainly didn't help Portland, but is far from "screwing" them when it comes to FA's or their own players. Miles is owed $9 million this year and next. Even with Miles on the books, Portland will likely have around $10 million in cap room to use on a FA depending upon what the cap is set at. This year, it was just under $59 million. They are on the hook for roughly $50 million for next year.

As far as re-signing their own players, their owner is one of the richest men in the world with an estimated net worth of around $15 billion. He was willing to pay a lot of luxury tax in the past to those loaded teams in the 90's. I'm sure they'll be able to keep whoever they want.

So, yes, it sucks for Portland because they thought they'd have room to offer a max deal to someone. Instead, they'll only be able to offer around $10 million in the first season. I wouldn't say that is a terrible situation considering the fact that they are very young and already quite good.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#11 » by Spykes » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:41 am

Will Perdude wrote:I used to laugh at the garbage portland trades. But now that Memphis signed Darius Miles, and screwed their chances of adding an impact free agent and retaining their own young talent, everything is up for grabs in Portland.

If I had to guess, I would say that Portland's best course of action is to admit that they are not going to be able to land a stud max free agent, but that they can continue to "buy" first round picks from teams looking to stay under the tax threshold (like how they got Fernandez). But as they do that, some of those youngsters will fit in, and some will want out to a situation where they can get more playing time.

The final big question, is now what do they do with LaFrentz' deal. I could see them moving it for RJ, if RJ had not playe dso terrible this season. Vintage RJ (moving without the ball, playing lock down defense, knocking down open jumpers, finishing on the break) fits in with the team they have. But right now RJ (whining about no calls, missing open jumpers, bricking lay ins, etc)... wouldn't Portland rather go another direction?

LULZ.

Portland won't have any problems retaining their own players because of Miles, so no, everything is NOT up for grabs in Portland.

Ayt explained the Miles situation perfectly.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:53 am

I would love something like:

RJ/Bell/1st for Bayless/LaFrentz

doubt the Blazers would give up on Jerryd so early though
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,789

Post#13 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 am

Make the pick top 3 protected to make it a little better for them. No way I'd give up Harden or Griffin in a deal like this and theres most of the time that one player that makes a clear shot a 3 (Mayo, Horford)
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#14 » by midranger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:35 am

Let me repeat this....

Last summer, RJ was traded for Simmons and Yi. He's been considerably worse this year than last.

Getting an expiring and two young players is a complete pipe dream.

I don't include Gadz or the pick swap, because moving Gadz's contract would require that pick on it's own merits.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#15 » by Wise1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:57 am

Hmmmf. Those Blazer fans have this whacky idea that Gadz is useless.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks