WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Re: Hammond on WSSP 1250 around 2:30 

Post#21 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 pm

DrugBust wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:
pilprin wrote:It is what it is.

Uh, no. It's the media's choice on what to air. Right now, there is only one story going on in Wisconsin sports. Kevin Green(e) isn't a story.

I can guarantee you that there are more people in the state of Wisconsin interested in Greene's hire than anything related to the Milwaukee Bucks (yes, including the Redd injury).

Then those people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). All personal attacks aside, obviously
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#22 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:

Uh, no. It's the media's choice on what to air. Right now, there is only one story going on in Wisconsin sports. Kevin Green(e) isn't a story.

Arent you a Bears fan?
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Hammond on WSSP after Baltimore Ravens talk 

Post#23 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Hammond= Idiot?... :crazy:

I dont :noway: like his comments so far at all...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#24 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Then those people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). All personal attacks aside, obviously

Dude nobody cares about the Bucks in Wisconsin. That should be painfully obvious at this point. Your a program director at a radio station. Are you going to talk about what gets listeners or what will make people turn the station?
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#25 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:06 pm

rilamann wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:

Arent you a Bears fan?

Yes. But I don't give a crap when an outside linebacking coach is hired, and it isn't worth discussing on the radio. I barely care that Rod Marinelli was hired.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#26 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Then those people are (Please Use More Appropriate Word). All personal attacks aside, obviously

If the Bucks were good, a lot more people would care I'm pretty sure. But the NFL team trumps the NBA team in every market in the country for the most part, when you have one organization that has for the most part been good and one organization that for the most part has been bad, it's not hard to see why the gap would grow even wider.

But the NFL is by far the most popular sport in this country, by a landslide, so it's not hard to see that it gets the most coverage if it has by far the most interest.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#27 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the "NFL is more popular" sentiment. I'm saying that those people who truly, honestly believe that an outside linebacking coach being hired is worth talking about on the radio are just stupid.

There, let's end this, Hammond's talking.
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#28 » by Todd_Day » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Here's the source of my anger towards the WI media towards NBA and the Bucks.

Winning or losing, I don't want to hear it. There's a bias because of the specific individuals sitting in talk radio seats are just not natural NBA fans, excluding the fanatic, and truly great Sparky who covers every spectrum of all sports.
They're a bunch of mediocre dudes who love fantasy football and sit on the end of the bar and buy into the perception that the NBA is lethargic and full of thugs. Guys like Homer or whoever just don't get it.

Anyway my main beef in all of this media imbalance is this:

If you get on the radio every day and say repetitively over and over "to not drink water - it's poison, do not drink the water under any circumstances!"

Guess what will happen ?

Everyone will stop drinking water.

If you create mania, and cover things fanatically in newspapers, web, TV, and radio you can build fanaticism and interest no matter what. A large sway and push in The fan interest is only as far as the media supports it and pushes it.

I honestly believe that this market in the media could have 3 or 4 large marketable properties for content if they worked it and acted like objective journalists in the amount of coverage.
They just feel they need to go for the path of least resistance and the easy dollar, lowest risk effort, so they put it all in the one basket of "Packers" all the time.

It is what you build it up to be.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#29 » by aaprigs311 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Kevin Greene is more than just a football coach/player, he was a highly respected wcw wrestler for a couple weeks in the 90's. Give him some credit WEFFPIM.
MILILL
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#30 » by MILILL » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 pm

The Packers were horrible this year and yet they still get 80% of all air time. That is why I don't like listening to 540 ESPN. They over analyze and over expose the Green Bay Packers. It's not fair to other organizations and definately not fair for the fans who want to hear other sports talk. Atleast with 1250, they have substance when they actually do talk Bucks; it's by far the better sports radio station of the two.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#31 » by europa » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 pm

Wait, did MBBOT think Kevin Greene was Hammond?
Nothing will not break me.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#32 » by stevescheffler06 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:18 pm

europa wrote:Wait, did MBBOT think Kevin Greene was Hammond?

I was wondering the same thing.

"The 3/4? :o
This Hammond guy doesn't even know what sport he's GM'ing. :lol:
Moron. 8-) "
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
Todd_Day
Rookie

Post#33 » by Todd_Day » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 pm

1250 AM is exponentially better than 540 AM, it's not even close.

540 and the D-List are so hack, amateur, it's not even funny.
The Milwaukee Bucks. Still the only major Milwaukee team to get closest to a title since the mid 1980's.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#34 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Todd_Day wrote:1250 AM is exponentially better than 540 AM, it's not even close.

540 and the D-List are so hack, amateur, it's not even funny.

Are you serious? The D-List is the best show on Milwaukee sports radio. I'll admit that I'm not a Homer fan, but Sparky is even more annoying. Wait, are you Sparky?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#35 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Part of the problem is that most sports fans in Wisconsin don't care about pro basketball.

But the terrible media coverage the Bucks get is a factor in that. There are ways to make pro hoops talk interesting, of course when the usual parties talk about the usual topics (players are thugs, nba doesn't play defense, bucks are terrible, etc) then no new interest is generated.

There is no reason, on a piss poor radio station, like I get here in Madison, why there can not be at least one hour a day where the majority of conversation revolves around pro basketball.

The final thing I will say on the manner, is that the Bucks have historically treated the media poorly... though the current media realtions guys employed by the club do a great job.
Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#36 » by Superfito » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Fight the Tank » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:28 pm

So has Hammond been on yet?
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#38 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Yes, Hammond was on. Some highlights, he's a fan of Sessions (moreso than CV it seemed to me) and believes he's a part of the future plans. Doesn't plan on making any moves yet, doesn't want to have a knee-jerk reaction. We'll see Joe Alexander a lot it seems now, and he was kind of defending his pick of him without being asked to defend it.
Todd_Day
Rookie

Post#39 » by Todd_Day » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 pm

I am not Sparky, but have had the opportunity to live in a few other major city radio markets and have some perspective on that while listening to and grading Milwaukee radio. ( I have lived in LA and Chicago for extended periods)

1250 has a wide spectrum, and Sparky is really good and great at being that voice in the market that covers everything and is knowledgeable across the board. He's like an LA or Chicago guy, even in his abrasiveness. It's welcome by me, but I think it rubs some of the "aww shucks" Tom Pipines type people the wrong way as being obnoxious.
There are guys in LA who complain and raise hell about Phil Jackson all the time. It's crazy, it's around the clock, it's well researched and discussed all the time, it's just real coverage.
I guess a guy like Sparky is just not obvious, standard Milwaukee style, but he's the only thing remotely close to a large market character and presence here on the radio.

The D-List are a bunch of douches like my lame, casual fan uncles in Waukesha or a bunch of nimrod jobbers who play bar softball.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#40 » by blueedwards » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Was there any calls to Hammond asking for RJ trades for capspace? Since Redd is injured and untradable in the foreseen future. Damn I would of called but didnt have the number.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks