ImageImage

Dan Gadz

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Dan Gadz 

Post#1 » by heynow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 am

If you came to this board on most days you would think Dan Gadz is responsible for this franchise not being successful.
Yes he is overpaid, but his contract hasn't kept the Bucks from being a quality franchise.
Banging on the guy is fun I guess and there is no one on the planet who will defend him, but trading him will not do one thing to improve the Bucks situation in the long or short term.

I could care less what they do with him because it doesn't matter.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,734

Re: Dan Gadz 

Post#2 » by emunney » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am

Pause.

Gadz is part of the problem, but his play generally hasn't been. He is an OK 4th or 5th bigman being paid like a 6th man -- that is the problem.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#3 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 am

heynow wrote:If you came to this board on most days you would think Dan Gadz is responsible for this franchise not being successful.
Yes he is overpaid, but his contract hasn't kept the Bucks from being a quality franchise.
Banging on the guy is fun I guess and there is no one on the planet who will defend him, but trading him will not do one thing to improve the Bucks situation in the long or short term.

I could care less what they do with him because it doesn't matter.

Uh....
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#4 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 am

heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by heynow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 am

RideEmCowboy24 wrote:Image

Yeah Sessions a second round pick who has a few big games during the who cares period in an NBA season... you guys are now begging to give the same type of contract Gadz signed based on the same thing big stats in who cares game.

Skiles was a point guard, not very talented one but a pretty good one. He cringes when he has to put Sessions on the floor. At best Sessions is a third guard, a good combo guard who might give you 20 solid minutes every night. However, to pay him like a starter, just like Gadz, and expect him to be a PG for a team that does more then win 39-40 games is stupid.

But why bother Bucks fans don't know Jack **** about basketball or they would angry like Knicks fans are and demand that this team be sold. How anyone with half an ounce of sense can pretend that any of this matter as long as this team is owned by the worse owner in any sport. They have been 0.500 4 times in his 25 plus years of ownership, and 2 of those were with Nellie's teams... Harris won with teams Nellie put together after the owner ran Nellie off.

The problem with bad teams is the ownership. Whining about this player and that player is a waste of time when the owner kills deals, stalls deals and generally makes basketball decisions he, you or me isn't qualified to make.

So whether Gadz is or isn't traded doesn't mean thing.
I don't know if Conley can play or not but clearly Hammonds and Skiles decided they wanted to make the trade. They had the deal in place and sent it over for the Senator to ponder and he pondered and pondered until it was off.
Again none of us know more about talent and what it takes to build a team then Hammonds and Skiles and my hope was that they were going to be allowed to do their jobs unhindered by the opinions of the Bucks #1 fan Herb Kohl.

I cannot understand how anyone over the age of 25 with a functional brain can not be angry about the way this franchise has been run into the ground. For those too young to know the Bucks are one of worse franchises in the NBA over the last quarter century a. Better then the Clippers and Grizzlies but that is it.
We won our last title over 30 years ago.
We haven't been to an NBA finals in 30 years.
Under the Senators guidance we have been awful.
There is no magical trade or short term way to fix this.
This franchise will not improve until it is sold.

For those who judge accomplishment on merit.
Since Kohl took over the Bucks have won division titles twice (1986 and 2001)... The 1986 team was a built under Fitzgerald's ownership.

One good team in 25 seasons.

So know I could care less about a back up center.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#6 » by Joel Embust » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am

Two guys in the NBA come from the Netherlands and they're both on the Bucks. Interesting fact.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#7 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 pm

I hate Herb Kohl as well.

That Villian-euva sig is pretty funny.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#8 » by BDUB_30 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 pm

heynow wrote:

Yeah Sessions a second round pick who has a few big games during the who cares period in an NBA season... you guys are now begging to give the same type of contract Gadz signed based on the same thing big stats in who cares game.

Skiles was a point guard, not very talented one but a pretty good one. He cringes when he has to put Sessions on the floor. At best Sessions is a third guard, a good combo guard who might give you 20 solid minutes every night. However, to pay him like a starter, just like Gadz, and expect him to be a PG for a team that does more then win 39-40 games is stupid.

But why bother Bucks fans don't know Jack **** about basketball or they would angry like Knicks fans are and demand that this team be sold. How anyone with half an ounce of sense can pretend that any of this matter as long as this team is owned by the worse owner in any sport. They have been 0.500 4 times in his 25 plus years of ownership, and 2 of those were with Nellie's teams... Harris won with teams Nellie put together after the owner ran Nellie off.

The problem with bad teams is the ownership. Whining about this player and that player is a waste of time when the owner kills deals, stalls deals and generally makes basketball decisions he, you or me isn't qualified to make.

I don't know if Conley can play or not but clearly Hammonds and Skiles decided they wanted to make the trade. They had the deal in place and sent it over for the Senator to ponder and he pondered and pondered until it was off.
Again none of us know more about talent and what it takes to build a team then Hammonds and Skiles and my hope was that they were going to be allowed to do their jobs unhindered by the opinions of the Bucks #1 fan Herb Kohl.

I cannot understand how anyone over the age of 25 with a functional brain can not be angry about the way this franchise has been run into the ground. For those too young to know the Bucks are one of worse franchises in the NBA over the last quarter century a. Better then the Clippers and Grizzlies but that is it.

Since Kohl took over the Bucks have won division titles twice (1986 and 2001)... The 1986 team was a built under Fitzgerald's ownership.

this is an amazing post .

im right there with you on sessions ...You dont as a team , have a philosiphy about playing defense and playing smart and hard and then even put ANY MONEY on sessions ..its hypocritical in nature and its typicaly what we have always done . We talk about playing defense and playing smart , yet we sign guys that do neither . Then we spend season after season fighting these kind of guys , and trying to make them something they are not , until they finaly get sick of it and quit playing all together .

Some people as of this year wanted , and id bet still want to make ramon sessions the starting pg . If this doesnt speak volumes as to the lack of talent evaluation , i dont know what the hell does . This guy cant make a jumper to save his life , he sucks on defense , and hes overated as a distributer . This guy is a very below average talent and gravitating and rallying to the future of ramon sessions speaks volumes to how bad it is for bucks fans .

youre assesment about kohl is spot on as well . The only thing i would say diffrently is i think kohl is a very well intenioned man who in his own way has been very loyal to this state and been commited to this team in a way alot of owners are not . His intentions are good and i think that should always be said anytime were critisizing kohl .. Your critisisms are 100% valid none the less .
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by heynow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:26 pm

BDUB_30 wrote:
heynow wrote:

this is an amazing post .

im right there with you on sessions ...You dont as a team , have a philosiphy about playing defense and playing smart and hard and then even put ANY MONEY on sessions ..its hypocritical in nature and its typicaly what we have always done . We talk about playing defense and playing smart , yet we sign guys that do neither . Then we spend season after season fighting these kind of guys , and trying to make them something they are not , until they finaly get sick of it and quit playing all together .

Some people as of this year wanted , and id bet still want to make ramon sessions the starting pg . If this doesnt speak volumes as to the lack of talent evaluation , i dont know what the hell does . This guy cant make a jumper to save his life , he sucks on defense , and hes overated as a distributer . This guy is a very below average talent and gravitating and rallying to the future of ramon sessions speaks volumes to how bad it is for bucks fans .

youre assesment about kohl is spot on as well . The only thing i would say diffrently is i think kohl is a very well intenioned man who in his own way has been very loyal to this state and been commited to this team in a way alot of owners are not . His intentions are good and i think that should always be said anytime were critisizing kohl .. Your critisisms are 100% valid none the less .

You are absolutely right.
Despite my posts about the Bucks, I like Herb Kohl. I think I have made it clear what I think of him as a owner.

However i should preface my comments with the following; I think he is good man and his heart is in the right place.
He is a dedicated public servant and a good US Senator. I have voted for him in the past and will in the future.

His ownership of a sports team does not define him, and his service to Milwaukee and State of Wisconsin should be Honored.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks