ImageImage

OT - Oh No Mo

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

OT - Oh No Mo 

Post#1 » by paul » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:06 am

Seems Mo didn't take his omission from the ASG all that well, maybe he was upset because he saw it as a chance to pull out his mustard sportcoat.

Mo Mo wrote:You want me to tell you like it is?" Williams chuckled. "Then I'll tell it like it is. It's a tragedy. How many players get into the game, and how many players did the Magic get in? They've got three players, and we've got the best record. Not just in the Eastern Conference, but in the whole league… Best team in the world, and we got one player.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11382

How to win friends and influence people by Maurice Williams. Seems he was being egged on by Ben Wallace, a well known gentleman, and let fly.

There's a topic on the general board that isn't all that complimentary to Mo, particularly as he layed an egg against the Magic that night. Some stupid posts, some intelligent posts, and one amusing post that I thought I'd share -

blueNorange wrote:williams takes that approach and lee takes this approach

“It was disappointing. It would’ve been a really cool experience, but the guys that got in were all very deserving.,” Lee said. “All those guys are tremendous players and it’s great to even be mentioned in that group or to be in the conversation.”

lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Re: OT - Oh No Mo 

Post#2 » by lawrybeard » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:15 am

I think he's right. The Cavs with the best overall record should have more than one player in there. Whether it's him or Z, it should be someone.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#3 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:18 am

I'd rather see the best players in the league period, as opposed to the best players on the best teams. I think Al Jefferson was easily the biggest snub. Whether borderline players like Mo or David Lee make it, I don't really care.
paul
RealGM

Post#4 » by paul » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:23 am

adamcz wrote:I'd rather see the best players in the league period, as opposed to the best players on the best teams. I think Al Jefferson was easily the biggest snub. Whether borderline players like Mo or David Lee make it, I don't really care.

Agreed. But whether he maybe possibly borderline deserved to make it or not he handled it terribly and just came off sounding like a jerk. It wasn't like it was the best player in the league who got a snub, it was a guy who most felt didn't deserve to be there anyway.

I hate the fact that being on a winning team means players are so much more deserving than better players on losing teams, whatever happened to the All Star game being about, you know, all stars?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#5 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:26 am

people are actually upset about this?

when it describes a players response as "williams chuckled", that probably means he's not that serious

he is right though. makes me wonder how many players the team with the best record in the league typically sends the game. anyone want to look that one up? should be easy to find by just checking the all star game coaches
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#6 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:27 am

Cavs would have had more if their best players didn't get hurt. Big Z should have easily been an all-star.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:28 am

adamcz wrote:I'd rather see the best players in the league period, as opposed to the best players on the best teams. I think Al Jefferson was easily the biggest snub. Whether borderline players like Mo or David Lee make it, I don't really care.

Yes sir. Al-Jeff losing to the below average player named David West was a joke.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
paul
RealGM

Post#8 » by paul » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:31 am

jerrod wrote:people are actually upset about this?

when it describes a players response as "williams chuckled", that probably means he's not that serious

he is right though. makes me wonder how many players the team with the best record in the league typically sends the game. anyone want to look that one up? should be easy to find by just checking the all star game coaches

I'm not upset with it. The fact that Mo sounds like a jerk makes no difference to my day whatsoever, although as a guy I've liked it's sad to see him givng people such easy ammunition. AND he's not right.

If you read the article you'll see he's chuckling at Wallace, not the reporter.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#9 » by msiris » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 am

I think the whole all star thing is a joke. Its by name only. Nash even said he does not belong there. :D
Ride the tank
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#10 » by jerrod » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:35 am

the point is, he's laughing while he says it, he's probably not quite as angry as people think.

i don't care if he made it or didn't or if he's upset about it. i just don't understand how someone people can interpret brief quotes and make huge judgements about people. not you specifically, just people in general
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#11 » by Jez2983 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 am

I suppose that i would've cared if Bogut got in, but he would've been borderline AT BEST.

He hasn't even put up career numbers.

That said you'd think a team with the best record would have more players, but is that a reflection on those players?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#12 » by Max Green » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 am

jerrod wrote:the point is, he's laughing while he says it, he's probably not quite as angry as people think.

i don't care if he made it or didn't or if he's upset about it. i just don't understand how someone people can interpret brief quotes and make huge judgements about people. not you specifically, just people in general

You know damn well you can "chuckle" while being angry. It doesn't say he was laughing through the whole thing, I can picture him give a chuckling right after saying "You want me to tell you like it is", and then going into a mini rant.

Anyways it's his right to be upset and speak on it publically if he feel he deserved to make it. I don't blame him for doing it one bit.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,752

Post#13 » by emunney » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 am

LeBron counts as 3 players.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#14 » by apdamico » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 am

Absoutely, didn't Skiles just throw some love at Jefferson, saying, "He's the best low-post player in the league". I'm sure Skiles didn't make those comments just because he wanted to help Jefferson get into the "All Star Game".

Jefferson is by far the most deserving snub and shows others in the league exactly why they don't dare play for teams in small markets. The sadest thing of all though is that it isn't the fans that vote in the subs, so what's that say about the Western Confernce coaches when they snub a player like Jefferson??? :o

Makes you wonder if McHale rubbed some other coaches the wrong way?
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#15 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:01 am

The all-star game should NEVER be based on record, it should be based on individual player's season. Hollinger was talking about how Chris Webber destroyed Kenny Smith's argument on TNT's Inside the NBA when he was trying to argue about "wins" as criteria. You are judged individually by your season, there should be no certain minimum requirements for teams with the best records, those teams have their records because of their superstar players, and playing next to superstar players makes every other player better. Mo did not deserve a bid.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#16 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:13 am

Let's say every coach in the league gets to choose between Al Jefferson and David West, just for the remainder of this year. Forget all about upside. Does anyone choose West?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:15 am

Yep, and you could make dozens of those kinds of examples. The all-star game is about "stars", not good players on great teams.
thetown
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#18 » by thetown » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:15 am

What a sense of entitlement - why should someone get additional consideration because he plays next to Lebron. Whether he's serious or not, I really don't understand why some people miss this guy.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#19 » by LUKE23 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:18 am

thetown wrote:What a sense of entitlement - why should someone get additional consideration because he plays next to Lebron. Whether he's serious or not, I really don't understand why some people miss this guy.

Yeah, even if he was right (he's not), it makes him look whiny and more worried about personal accolades than the team to come out with these comments. Just shut up and play even better to prove people "wrong".
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#20 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:41 am

Mo is just pissed he spent so much money on electrolysis for his shoulders and now he doesn't get to show them off on all star weekend. He's been talking about All Star tickets to the gun show for months.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks