ImageImage

Predict what Hammond will actually do (not what you want)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Predict what Hammond will actually do (not what you want) 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:22 am

Let's make this the prediction thread. Don't write down what you want done. Say what you think will happen.

My thought is that Hammond will not trade RJ or Ridnour. He and Skiles will say they need continuity in the program for next season and that they truly believe RJ and Ridnour are important parts of that for next year. CV and/or Sessions will get moved out for a veteran with a contract that works within the budget and a guy who will fit with the Hammond "win-now" plan next season.

Example: CV/Damon Jones for Marcus Camby followed by a Ramon/Malik Allen for Conley type deal.

I do not see any series of bold trades or a "tank" happening. What do you guys think?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Predict what Hammond will actually do (not what you want) 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:24 am

Either stand pat or "win now" trade. Fans have second bag night in as many years.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
fightingfury
Junior
And1: 3

Post#3 » by fightingfury » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:29 am

I see nothing happening and playing out the season with our current roster.
Go Bucks!
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by apdamico » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:32 am

BY GERY WOELFEL

Center Andrew Bogut won't be wearing a Milwaukee Bucks' uniform any time soon this season -- if at all.

Bogut, who has been plagued by back problems, has been diagnosed with an incomplete lower back fracture.

Bucks general manger John Hammon said Bogut won't play until at least late in the regular season.

"Andrew will be out for eight weeks,'' Hammond said Wednesday afternoon. "Andew's been playing with pain, and you really appreciate the effort he's given in trying to help our team.''

Hammond said Bogut's condition will be re-evaluated at that point.

Bogut , considered one of the best all-around centers in the NBA, has appeared in 36 games this season, averaging a double-double with 11.7 points and 10.3 rebounds.

He is also shooting 58 percent from the field.

Losing the 24-year-old Bogut is the second major blow the Bucks have incurred this season. Star guard Michael Redd recently tore his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments and is out for the season.

Without Bogut and Redd, the Bucks (24-28) will be severely challenged to hold on to the eighth -- and final -- spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings.

Hammond said he would continue to "explore all avenenues'' to improve the Bucks and keep their playoff hopes alive, includng the possibility of making a trade.

The NBA's trading deadline is Feb. 19.

What, including the possilbity of making a trade? :P That should be a priority, not a possilbity!

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? :oops:
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#5 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:34 am

Hammond trades for some joke like Larry Hughes (I know he just went inactive, but that type player) for all of our expirings combined and filler. Sessions and CV leave. All of my friends who don't understand the economics of the NBA get excited because John Hammond is pushing for "winning" and "veteran presence" on the team.

Then the Bucks move in 2012 after seasons of 32, 34, 26, and 25 wins. Their roster in that season includes Michael Redd, Ben Wallace, Troy Murphy, and Mike Dunleavy Jr. making a combined 55 million. The team is just disbanded because no one will buy a team that has those 4 players locked up until 2015.
apdamico
Senior

Post#6 » by apdamico » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:37 am

Wake up John Hammond, trade CV; January is history, his value is at its highest right now. Please don't wait for him to get injured.

RJ and Ridnour should be the next out the door, but neither of them could get rid of a bad contract like CV could with Gadzuric's contract. Therefore, the trade I predict that will actually happen is that CV gets traded with Gadzuric's contract included.

I'd say T. Lue would be traded, but we'll need him for our next game against the Pistons because Ridnour sure can't guard AI :lol:

Bottom line Prediction: RJ and Ridnour stay, CV gets traded and hopefully with Gadzuric's contract included in the deal!
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#7 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:42 am

I just don't see how we have leverage in any trade talk. Teams know that we're more desperate than we were before now that Bogut is hurt. Compounding the situation, our young assets are F/As and/or suck. I swear if Hammond gives up the first for some garbage vet who has no future with the team, I'm done.

With that said.. I see a Brad Miller/Donte Greene for CV/DJ/Alexander deal. Then Sessions and the first for a gritty SG.
Go Bucks!
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#8 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:43 am

I predict Hammond locks himself in a padded room and cries.
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#9 » by Mike X » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:47 am

If they find that Redd wont be ready to go for alot of next season I think he'll trade RJ. If you got RJ here to help Redd then find out Redd will be useless whats the point of keeping him.

I think they might try to keep Ramon but not CV, draft spot might decide that. If your high enough to get a Hill, Monroe et al then CV is gornski.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#10 » by Captain Erv » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:53 am

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,005

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:53 am

trwi7 wrote:Either stand pat or "win now" trade. Fans have second bag night in as many years.
apdamico
Senior

Post#12 » by apdamico » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:55 am

I predict Skiles plays LRMAM more than the 8-minutes he had against Atlanta or the 10-minutes against New Jersey in our next game against the Pistons! 8-)

On a weaker prediction, I predict Ridnour will actually pass to ball to Alexander in the next game Alexander see's any meaningful minutes. If not, I strongly predict that Alexander will bitch slaps Ridnour! :P
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#13 » by Stopshere2 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:25 am

Nothing will happen before the deadline. As I pointed out in another thread, the history of Kohl's ownership indicates that he's reluctant to make trade deadline moves of any significance. It sucks in terms of creating interest but the Bucks will play it out with what they've got yet again.

As for the off-season, I'm not sure we'll get anything that impressive. I have a feeling we'll take something that's on the table but it will be a Plan B or C type of guy. Redd and Ridnour will still be here. RJ will be gone in accordance with his own wishes and we won't get decent value for him. CV could be gone, Sessions will stay. Bell and Gadz will be simply unmovable. Mediocrity again.
Luckily, for the revenue department of the government, speed doesn't kill.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,132

Post#14 » by jokeboy86 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:45 am

In the words of NORE,

"What you tryin to do, (nothin)
What you wanna do, (nothin)"
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#15 » by steger_3434 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:46 am

Hammond won't do anything. We'll end the season with this pathetic overpaid roster and enter next season with an ailing Redd and Bogut who will continue to have problems.

We'll end the season with the 8th worse record and Hammond will fall in love with a hard working guy that doesn't have actual basketball skill. We'll then get the second pick in the draft and because Hammond has only done his homework on 1 player, we will draft said player with the number 2 pick as if we were drafting in the 8th spot. Meanwhile many of us will get upset about the pick and roster and others will tell us said player is a project and has a ton of potential and Hammond is setting this team up for success.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#16 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:55 am

CharlosVllnueva wrote:Hammond trades for some joke like Larry Hughes (I know he just went inactive, but that type player) for all of our expirings combined and filler. Sessions and CV leave. All of my friends who don't understand the economics of the NBA get excited because John Hammond is pushing for "winning" and "veteran presence" on the team.

Then the Bucks move in 2012 after seasons of 32, 34, 26, and 25 wins. Their roster in that season includes Michael Redd, Ben Wallace, Troy Murphy, and Mike Dunleavy Jr. making a combined 55 million. The team is just disbanded because no one will buy a team that has those 4 players locked up until 2015.

wow, you might be too pessimistic for the realist thread. whoa
apdamico
Senior

Post#17 » by apdamico » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:59 am

steger_3434 wrote:Hammond won't do anything. We'll end the season with this pathetic overpaid roster and enter next season with an ailing Redd and Bogut who will continue to have problems.

We'll end the season with the 8th worse record and Hammond will fall in love with a hard working guy that doesn't have actual basketball skill. We'll then get the second pick in the draft and because Hammond has only done his homework on 1 player, we will draft said player with the number 2 pick as if we were drafting in the 8th spot. Meanwhile many of us will get upset about the pick and roster and others will tell us said player is a project and has a ton of potential and Hammond is setting this team up for success.

You left out the possibility that we get the 1st pick in the draft, but Blake Griffin states, "I'll in no way ever play in Milwaukee". Leaving Hammond no choice but to trade our pick and RJ to Cleveland for Lebron James' expiring contract.

I have a dream! :lol:
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#18 » by paul » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:57 am

Ramon and or CV will be moved along with Gadz contract. He'll shop RJ but won't bite because other teams know we're over a barrel and will only offer complete crap in return, we'll hear after the deadline the names of Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry and Jamal Tinsley were all offered up. We'll also here that Pheonix offered us Amare and Utah offered us Boozer in different deals for some combination involving Bogut, CV and Ridnour.

As for what I want, Bogut, LRMAM, Ridnour should be kept unless a super deal is offered and I'd prefer to keep CV and Ramon if possible, the rest should be fair game for the right deal, but not for crap. The last thing I want is for Hammond to fall into the 'trade for trades sake' trap.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#19 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:03 am

jerrod wrote:
CharlosVllnueva wrote:Hammond trades for some joke like Larry Hughes (I know he just went inactive, but that type player) for all of our expirings combined and filler. Sessions and CV leave. All of my friends who don't understand the economics of the NBA get excited because John Hammond is pushing for "winning" and "veteran presence" on the team.

wow, you might be too pessimistic for the realist thread. whoa

I'm kind of joking and playing into what everyone seems to want every year.

We'd just slowly add those players assuming they have signed awful contracts. Each year, we'd bring them in one by one to "get over the top", sacrificing picks and young players to do so as we go when we are sitting at 25-30 at the deadline or if we finished 38-44 the previous year.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#20 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:09 am

Riding out the season with our current roster, maybe dealing someone like Ridnour to get enough room to resign Sessions. Basically doing nothing.

Pulling off a draft day trade to land Blake Griffin

Return to Milwaukee Bucks