ImageImage

Report: Lue for Bogans?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Report: Lue for Bogans? 

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:07 pm

Sigra wrote:If this hapen Bogans will probably start with Sessions being 6th man

Good, that should lose us some additional games.
MAcGyver24
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by MAcGyver24 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:18 pm

why do you guys want to lose so bad....as fans dont we want to win...hasn't tanking in the past not turn out so great...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,055

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:18 pm

I think this deal might marginally help us. But if they make this deal, aren't they saying they are going to keep Ramon past the deadline? Or if traded, he'd be shipped out only if another PG were coming back.

Maybe if lucky we can send a future #1 and Allen for Birdman Anderson to replace Bogut and keep hope alive.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#24 » by msiris » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:21 pm

Some people just do not know how to judge talent. This thread belongs with the other the threads that include the signings of Elson, Lue, and Allen. Garbage. :lol:
Ride the tank
thetown
Sophomore

Post#25 » by thetown » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:27 pm

Why would we do this - it doesn't help us out whatsoever. Orlando needs a pg, and if they want Lue make them give up something of value, or don't make the trade at all. We've got to stop being the league's doormat (feel free to insert other language).
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#26 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:28 pm

MAcGyver24 wrote:why do you guys want to lose so bad....as fans dont we want to win...hasn't tanking in the past not turn out so great...

We're not making the playoffs with both Redd and Bogut out. So most want a better pick so we can be better positioned for next year. This year is over.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#27 » by msiris » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:29 pm

thetown wrote:Why would we do this - it doesn't help us out whatsoever. Orlando needs a pg, and if they want Lue make them give up something of value, or don't make the trade at all. We've got to stop being the league's doormat (feel free to insert other language).
+1
Ride the tank
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,394

Post#28 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:42 pm

Under 40% shooting in his career. If this is a "win now" trade from Hammond, Imma lawlz.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#29 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:51 pm

MAcGyver24 wrote:why do you guys want to lose so bad....as fans dont we want to win...hasn't tanking in the past not turn out so great...

the one time we actually tanked we got bogut, so i would say you are incorrect.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#30 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:58 pm

If we make a move like this, as minor as it may be, I have lost faith in John Hammond...or at least his ability to not be a figurehead for Herb Kohl.

Why anyone would waste their time on a trade like this boggles my mind. We are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NBA. Making petty trades and spinning it as "adding a veteran piece that fits in to win."

I'm just waiting for our equivalent of the Matt Morris trade. It would involve taking some overpaid way over the hill player off some team's hands and not give any contract length in return. We would probably trade all of our expirings this year for Kenny Thomas or something.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#31 » by stevescheffler06 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:02 pm

I think a lot of fans are confusing the issue a little here. I believe most posters when referencing tanking are really referring more to off court moves and not to on court performance. That is they would prefer to see higher priced players moved for talented youth and to allow more playing time for the young guys already on this squad. But even the most die-hard tankers still want whoever hits the floor when the ball goes up to give it their all. The tanking is more of a symptom of playing less-experienced players when vets might have a better ability to win now.

What I don't get is why it's such a big deal in the NBA. They do it in the NFL and MLB every year but they never call it tanking. It's called "developing", or giving the players "experience for next year." What's wrong with that? Along with giving the young guys more experience (and we can all agree experience can lead to better play) it has the added bonus that our draft chances might go up.

And as for the argument that the fans who bought tickets already deserve better, who do you think is going to play harder for the rest of this year? A vet who's already made his money (RJ, Ridnour) or guys looking for their next paycheck (CV, Sessions) or respect and playing time (JA)?
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
BuckBrewPackFan
Banned User

Post#32 » by BuckBrewPackFan » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:07 pm

I don't get why everyone is in this tank mode. We seen it worked out for well for Memphis last year right?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#33 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:09 pm

This isn't as close to as bad as the Boykins. We were trading an expiring for a guy with a 3 mil option. Boykins made the smart choice to opt out and sign a 300K deal overseas. We just got lucky in that trade.

This move is just lateral and may be a favor to Lue. Not a bad idea to do favors for players and agents if it doesn't make you any worse.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#34 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:10 pm

BuckBrewPackFan wrote:I don't get why everyone is in this tank mode. We seen it worked out for well for Memphis last year right?

How well did it work in the past five to six years for New Orleans, Orlando, Cleveland?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,394

Post#35 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:10 pm

BuckBrewPackFan wrote:I don't get why everyone is in this tank mode. We seen it worked out for well for Memphis last year right?

It worked out pretty well for them. They have O.J. Mayo. We have Joe Alexander. They have a young nucleus of Conley/Mayo/Gay/Gasol/high lottery pick and tons of cap space. We have a young nucleus of Sessions/LRMAM/Potsie with no cap space.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#36 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:10 pm

Memphis has a rookie SG who is already as good as Michael Redd to show for last year's losses. They're really the worst example you could think of?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#37 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:13 pm

stevescheffler06 wrote:
What I don't get is why it's such a big deal in the NBA. They do it in the NFL and MLB every year but they never call it tanking. It's called "developing", or giving the players "experience for next year." What's wrong with that? Along with giving the young guys more experience (and we can all agree experience can lead to better play) it has the added bonus that our draft chances might go up.

I think the biggest difference is the number of players on the court/field. In basketball, if you play 3 inexperienced guys, it's more than half the lineup. It affects the quality of the game a lot more.

Also, when it comes to the draft, there is a big difference between 1 and 8. Not so much in baseball and football. If you get a stud in basketball, it can change the team in 2 years. In football and baseball it takes longer and has less of an impact.

Basketball tanking is trying to get a better pick, whereas football and baseball is more about getting your young players better
VanillaSky
Banned User

Post#38 » by VanillaSky » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:18 pm

"thou shall not tank in my league, if you do i will stick you with the likes of Yi and Potsie" ......David Stern
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#39 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:23 pm

What a pointless trade.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#40 » by stevescheffler06 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:29 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Basketball tanking is trying to get a better pick, whereas football and baseball is more about getting your young players better

Why can't both be true? With more experience players should get better (especially someone like JA who is labeled a project). So, you give your young guys more experience and as an aside get a better draft pick. I'm going to watch every game for the rest of the season regardless of the direction they go. I want them to win every game I watch, but I'm also realistic about it. If they can't make the playoffs next year becomes the priority and the more court time the youth sees the better the Bucks will be next year.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks