ImageImage

2/7/09 Chauncey can't pay for Cash and Money post game

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: 2/7/09 Chauncey can't pay for Cash and Money post game 

Post#241 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 9, 2009 5:48 pm

Not that it matters, but here were my thoughts:

-I was on the Alexander train, but wanted Bayless as he dropped.
-HATED the Redd max deal
-Wanted Mo kept over Redd. Figured both could score and would rather have kept the cheaper option.
-The Bell and Magliore things I don't remember how I felt...probably just so-so.
-I think I got myself excited about the Simmons thing.
-RJ I was lukewarm about. I was starting to lose faith in Yi and wanted Simmons dumped and thought we were getting decent value, however I have been calling for a blow up for the past 3 years as well.
-Didn't care about Gadz/ZaZa.

Had I taken over circa 2005 as GM of the Bucks, I think I would have the team in better position. Why? I would have blown it up around then or in 2006. The core would maybe consist of Mayo/Bogut/CDR/Jeff Green/Bayless or something like that. To get those guys I would have ended up trading up or sucking more in previous years because of blowing it up. I wouldn't have gotten a steal like LRMAM probably. I probably would have taken a flyer on Jordan from Texas A&M in the 2nd round or something. I'd probably have 1 or 2 big expirings like Wally coming off the books this year and I'd have maybe 25-30 mil committed for the next 2 or 3 years.

I also really liked Westbrook this year so if I had drafted high enough I may have tried to grab him, too.

This is all in hindsight, but I would have blown it up for sure at that point and I think no matter what we'd have a similar core to the one I listed above unless I really choked away the drafts. Therefore, we'd be in much better position. If you don't believe me, I think last year I offered some ridiculous trades to blow it up where we basically gave Michael Redd away for free.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#242 » by jerrod » Mon Feb 9, 2009 6:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote: We went out and made a trade for a SF in Rj, which everyone was ecstatic about.
True.

i won't go through the whole list, but you can check the thread that was upped recently. i was against it because i didn't think it made any sense to pay that much money to 2 sub all star wing players
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#243 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:04 pm

jerrod wrote:but you can check the thread that was upped recently. i was against it because i didn't think it made any sense to pay that much money to 2 sub all star wing players

Yeah, you're right. I think I even had some comments in that thread about how getting Jefferson now means we can trade Redd. We've replaced his 22ppg in the lineup and added a better leader.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#244 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:11 pm

bigkurty wrote:Oh but wait PP, who should I trust more, BDUB who has been around since June 2008 or you? Man this is a tough choice.

get your facts straight kid ..i was here when geogirrafe was the mod .. neither pp nor md were mods and i dont think pp even posted back then . their was maybe 10-15 of us that talked bucks basketball on here , you werent one of em .. throwing out the " ive been here longer then you " arguement makes ya look pretty stupid when you find out the guy youre using it on has been here longer then you ..

i was here when the vast majority , and when i say vast majority i mean the entire forum but midranger and myself all wanted tim thomas signed to a long term extension and big dog traded immediatly ..i use to read them posts and just laugh at how insane and shortsighted some of the posters were and to be totally honest with ya , 90% of the time the majority is WRONG on this forum ...
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#245 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:21 pm

if you really want a good laugh see how many posters on draft night cried bloody murder when the found out moute was our pick ...

most wanted cdr ...

i mean its quite comical to be honest ..in all fairness . nobody , and i mean NOBODY on here is batting even close to 500 ...if you get half if your opionons validated youre doing good ...validation on an opionon does not come 4 months into a rookie campain either .

someone in this thread outlined it perfectly ..

the vast majority of this forum loved the following :

bogut draft pick
redds resigning
bells resiging
bobby simmons signing
joe alexander pick
rj trade
gadzuric signing
tim thomas contract ( unbelievable )

its only after these moves went on to fail miserably does everyone come out and tell us how bad they were .. on the surface they were all very popular and well recieved transactions ..

myself ..i was against them all other then the bogut pick , rj trade ...joe alexander pick .. i did not want redd ., bobby , bell or gadzuric ..i hated all them deals ..

i was literally one of two posters on this forum at the time who wanted NOTHING to do with tt , the other was midranger ...this entire forum hated glenn and said tt could do everything glenn could do but better .. despite what our coach was telling us , our coach told us tt could never average 20 poiints a night ... most just ignore the insight the coaches let out every now and then , i do not ..i value what the coaches say unless youre name is stotts , or larry k .
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#246 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
randy84 wrote:-This board is more schziophrenic than Sybil and in no way would I like them to be GM over Hammond

Let's hit all these one by one for factual discussion.

We signed Gadz over ZaZa which most of the board wanted.
Not true. Most of this board wanted ZaZa save for Wise1 and JoeHova(?). Most were aghast at the contract given Gadz.

We traded for Magilore which everyone agreed with.
Right. And I doubt anyone here has any grave reservations about the move. The only reservations people had was what we traded him for.

We overpaid Michael Redd, which most of the board agreed with.
No, I was an accomplice with a large group of people led by J-Man (Healer420) who didn't want this. We wanted him traded during February 2005 so we didn't have to pay him all the dough.

We resigned Mo, which most of the board wanted.
I'd say there was a reasonable contingent including Europa and myself who didn't like the deal at the dollar amounts. I wanted the cap space to go after Billups or Gerald Wallace.

We signed Simmons to a contract and everyone thought it was great.
Yes, this you are accurate on. There were however a handful of guys who said we flat out got ripped off.

We kept Bell instead of letting him go to Miami, which most of the board agreed with.
Not true. Most didn't want us to match that offer sheet once the terms were 5-years and $18mm. GAD wanted it matched ONLY for the reason that it would tell other RFA's that Milwaukee wouldn't get bluffed out of a player.

We went out and made a trade for a SF in Rj, which everyone was ecstatic about.
True.

We drafted JA who a lot of guys said had the most upside in the draft. (Remember the work ethic and he sleeps in the gym. Just look at the tapes of him dunking on walk-ons)
False. Probably 75% of the regulars on this board wanted nothing to do with Alexander, each having their own guy they would have preferred we draft. About 25% were big supporters.

We then traded Mo, which most of the board wanted for nothing.
I think the Mo trade reaction here was 70% against/30% for, but you'd have to review that thread.

All the while alternating between rebuilding and going for the playoffs.
I'm one of the few who alternates on this, because I think it is a close call. Most people are strongly in win-now or blow it up categories.

this is completly and totaly inaccurate and a flat out lie .

haha their was outrage to the resigning of mredd ??? now thats just a lie ...we all didnt want him to go to clevland , and when we retained micheal the vast majority of this forum sang praises of herb kohls willingness to spend the money ..

do you know what kind of fkn outrage would of been on this forum had we let a divisional foe just up and take our leading scorer ? and youre honestly trying to tell me the majority of this forum was willing to let our best scorer go to a divisional foe ?

youre a damn lie man ....

in regards to the mo signing .. a reasonable contigent that didnt want mo ? well im sorry but as the process evolves , that looks to be a huge mistake concidering that mo williams is playing amazing ball and at a very friendly salary ... not just that , but im sorry it was like europa and his goon squad that didnt like mo being resigned .. the rest of this forum didnt mind it ...we all had seen enough of tiny ford .

75% of this forum wanted nothing to do with alexander ? i mean wow ... haha .. just wow .. how much more innacurate can ya get pp ? NOBODY wanted lopez .. as the draft evolved the discussion was bayless vs alexander ..when we saw bayless was available SOME folks wanted to go that route , and some wanted to take alexander .. but NOBODY at the time was talking about lopez and if anything it was " just as long as they dont draft lopez im good " ...since bayless isnt playing all that hot , we dont here about people that wanted bayless ...trust as soon as bayless warms up it will be " OMG I WANTED BAYLESS " .. haha .

it shouldnt be a hard thread to find ...
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#247 » by jerrod » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:43 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
jerrod wrote:but you can check the thread that was upped recently. i was against it because i didn't think it made any sense to pay that much money to 2 sub all star wing players

Yeah, you're right. I think I even had some comments in that thread about how getting Jefferson now means we can trade Redd. We've replaced his 22ppg in the lineup and added a better leader.

i would have bet money that redd was gone before the preseason :(
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#248 » by Max Green » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:59 pm

jerrod wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

i would have bet money that redd was gone before the preseason :(

That would've been easy money for me to win. 8-)
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks