ImageImage

Bucks sign Eddie Gill

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Re: Bucks sign Eddie Gill 

Post#41 » by Mike X » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:19 am

trwi7 wrote:I'll be completely honest. I have never heard of Eddie Gill.

You mean you dont remember this Eddie Gill classic.

Ski-doody-doom-da-nah (oh yeah) ski-doody-doom-da-nah
Ski-doody-doom-da-nah (oh yeah) ski-doom-dah

Bottoms up, it's too hot in here
Where's the fire truck when you need o-one
I want a firm foundation, a knockout derriere
I can't believe that my eyes are gaspin' for air

Unlike before, so much to explore
All I need and more, I'm gonna hit the floor
No kids in the candy store, get a lollipop at the door
I won't be no more, I'm gonna hit the floor
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:If this isn't a sign that Alexander was a mistake at #8 than I don't know what is.

I've always said that I thought Alexander being hyped as a lotto pick was a ruse that the Bucks fell for, but if you were looking for a sign that Alexander was a mistake, look no further than him purposely hitting his head on the rim.

Not that he CAN hit his head on the rim. But that he intentionally does hit his head on the rim.

I remember being shocked that he did that and it wasn't an accident.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#43 » by europa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 am

I get the feeling that Hammond could hand some people in this forum $1 million in cash and they'd bitch that he didn't give them $2 million.
Nothing will not break me.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#44 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 am

trwi7 wrote:I'll be completely honest. I have never heard of Eddie Gill.

Me neither.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#45 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 am

europa wrote:I get the feeling that Hammond could hand some people in this forum $1 million in cash and they'd bitch that he didn't give them $2 million.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave 1 or 2 people on this forum $1 million. The man is known for spending money on useless contracts. If adamcz is a Skiles-type player, Hammond(s) may consider going after him with a cool mil.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#46 » by europa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 am

CharlosVllnueva wrote:If adamcz is a Skiles-type player, Hammond(s) may consider going after him with a cool mil.

I'd take that deal for one year than Gadz for 6/$36M.
Nothing will not break me.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#47 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Last season Gill played with the Colorado 14ers under current assistant Joe Wolf and has been on the Bucks summer league team in the past. He’s a steady hand , doesn’t take unnecessary risks. Gill is on the small side but is pretty strong and good at getting to the basket (at least in the D-league). For us he will probably just be another body who can handle the ball in practice

I like Gill and he is definitely talented enough to be on someone’s roster as a third point guard., but If we make a cap clearing/rebuilding type trade I’d be in favor of replacing him with a younger player who has more of a chance to make an impact in the down the road. Right now the D-league is filled with young guys with bright futures who just need that first opportunity to really prove themselves. Gill is 30 and has already spent parts of 6 seasons in the NBA. Chances are he isn’t going to be getting a whole lot better. Will Conroy and Dontell Jefferson are a couple of younger guards really playing well right now who are definitely worth a look. As far as big men, Erik Daniels has no business being in the D-league. Neither does Pops Bonsu.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks