Ill-yasova wrote:You lose.

:lol:

another quality post ...nice rebuttal .
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: Hollinger Praises Sessions 

Post#43 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:54 am

No seriously you tried hard. Better luck next time.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#44 » by El Duderino » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:22 am

Ability to get to the rim: FTM-FTA
Mr. Longoria 135-171 78.9%
Ramon Sessions 173-215 80.5%

It's like you wish to be proven incompetent when it comes to judging Ramon's ability simply because you don't believe in him.

Parker is as good as it gets at getting into the paint and finishing at a high level, but one aspect of his game that he's become good at also is the midrange jumper. Tony isn't a good three point shooter and thus he smartly doesn't take many, but his ability to hit the midrange shot is underrated and helps his penetration game because defenders can't just sag off him.

Sessions though struggles with the jumper pretty much regardless if it's midrange or long jumpers, it's his biggest weakness offensively. If Sessions can get that midrange jumper to fall at more respectable levels, he'll become real nightmare for opposing point guards to defend given Ramon's already fabulous ability to get in the paint via both his quickness and size. For a young kid like Sessions who hasn't played a ton of minutes, to be able to get to the rim so well already in his career even though defenders know Ramon isn't a good jump shooter is pretty amazing.

I also love that he's been able this year to learn under a quality coach like Skiles who also was a point guard. His defense still has a ways to go, but it's improved on from last year and unlike some young players, Sessions strikes me as a good kid that works hard, isn't soft, and is very willing to listen and put in the effort to improve both on his midrange jumper and his defense. That's half the battle. For coaches, trying to teach the soft and unmotivated is what frustrates them to no end, i don't see any of that in Ramon.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#45 » by beyond_the_arc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 pm

BDUB_30 wrote:
beyond_the_arc wrote:
BDUB_30 wrote:comparing parker and sessions is completly inacurate ..parker gets to the rim at will ..

sessions conistantly has to dribble the 24 second clock down while he makes numerous attempts to penetrate the defense ..

if you watch the two carefully, without bias .. you can see that parker can get into the paint at will and very rarely gets sealed out ...where as sessions , he has to really eat up all of our clock to do it , if he can do it at all ...

its a huge diffrence and it makes the comparison comletly invalid in my opionon.

yeah youre right i dont ..

because those stats are taken against completly diffrent levels of nba compeition ... meaning , sessions has played alot of his minutes off the bench , against lesser quality players ..

parker plays against the best night in and night out . Can you see the distinction or are you just to ignorant ?

futhermore , to add another variable .. parker missed the first month of this season ... with a fairly serious injury . the dumb free throw comparision is invalid its taken with diffrent varaibles , against diffrent opponets , at two diffrent positions ..

you guys are really terrible at this ...

Alright genius,
Mr. Longoria 1318 minutes played this season.
Ramon Sessions 1290 minutes played this season.

Also, I'm going after your argument about Parker being much better at going to the rim, you just constantly attempt to change the argument and introduce a fact I never brought up. You really are a moron when it comes to being objective and staying on point.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#46 » by emunney » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Sessions has been at his MOST PRODUCTIVE when starting.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#47 » by xTitan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 pm

emunney wrote:Sessions has been at his MOST PRODUCTIVE when starting.

When starting and running the offense.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#48 » by europa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:35 am

xTitan wrote:
emunney wrote:Sessions has been at his MOST PRODUCTIVE when starting.

When starting and running the offense.

Yup.

I think what people forget when talking about Tony Parker is he wasn't the great finisher early in his career he is now. He worked at that and it's become a terrific skill. But he wasn't a good finisher early in his career. Sessions is better now than Parker was then. That's not to say he'll progress the way Parker did. Maybe he won't. But I think he's got a good head start based on where both players were at similar stages of their NBA careers.
Nothing will not break me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks