ImageImage

Keep Sessions/CV/Bogut together

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Re: Keep Sessions/CV/Bogut together 

Post#41 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:56 am

El Duderino wrote:We have 28 games to see how guys like Sessions/CV do while having to be main options, thankfully that's enough games where we aren't just playing games mostly against teams riding out the season.

And depending on how other teams do and how well we do, we could be within a few games of the 8th seed for the next several weeks.
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#42 » by Mike X » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:57 am

DrugBust wrote:Give me the guy with star potential. I'm not really seeing that in Henderson but I'll watch him more. At this point I'd rather have DeRozan.

What do you think of Willie Warren.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#43 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 am

So we shouldn't do the CV for Landry trade then?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#44 » by Max Green » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 am

LUKE23 wrote:
Max Green wrote:The title of this thread should be keep Sessions/Redd/CV/Bogut together.

Redd probably has around 50 healthy games left as a Buck.

Depending on what happens the rest of the season, it might be time for Hammond to start looking for Redd's successor.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#45 » by midranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:59 am

adamcz wrote:
aboveAverage wrote:Yup, the shooting guard is key in that lineup. We need a good defensive guard who plays smart basketball, but can shoot too. Rip Hamilton anyone?

Childress.

I was thinking about him tonight.

What if rather than trading for Ridnour and Jefferson, we had dumped Redd and Mo for expirings (and perhaps a pick coming back with Redd), then tried to move Simmons and Yi for a little relief and a late first or something. Then rather than wasting the MLE on Lue, Allen, and Elson we had signed Childress.

Sessions
Childress
LRMAM
CV
Bogut

The salary flexibility would have been amazing.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#46 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:59 am

Max Green wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:
Max Green wrote:The title of this thread should be keep Sessions/Redd/CV/Bogut together.

Redd probably has around 50 healthy games left as a Buck.

Depending on what happens the rest of the season, it might be time for Hammond to start looking for Redd's successor.

Regardless of the rest of the season Hammond should start looking for a Redd successor.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#47 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 am

SupremeHustle wrote:So we shouldn't do the CV for Landry trade then?

Nah, we might need to add him to the Sessions for Conley trade to get Memphis to finally pull the trigger.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Post#48 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 am

Mike X wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Give me the guy with star potential. I'm not really seeing that in Henderson but I'll watch him more. At this point I'd rather have DeRozan.

I've only caught highlights, not enough to have an opinion. What do you see in him?
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#49 » by BobbyLight » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 am

SupremeHustle wrote:So we shouldn't do the CV for Landry trade then?

:lol:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#50 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 am

I'll take the egg on the face for my 2,000 posts in the Conley thread, ASSUMING Sessions is wearing a Bucks jersey next year. I'm not ready to call that a lock yet. But I want a young, talented core I can watch grow, not $25M combined between two vet wing scorers.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#51 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 am

LUKE23 wrote:I'll take the egg on the face for my 2,000 posts in the Conley thread, ASSUMING Sessions is wearing a Bucks jersey next year. I'm not ready to call that a lock yet. But I want a young, talented core I can watch grow, not $25M combined between two vet wing scorers.

It will be pretty ridiculous if two very talented young guys simply walk away so we can watch Redd and Redd Jr.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#52 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:04 am

It will be pretty ridiculous if two very talented young guys simply walk away so we can watch Redd and Redd Jr.

Agreed. I just hope Hammond realizes how ridiculous it would be.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,056

Post#53 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 am

Ayt wrote:It will be pretty ridiculous if two very talented young guys simply walk away so we can watch Redd and Redd Jr.

It's too bad because I think Redd Jr. actually could be a good guy to have around on a young team the next few years. We just don't have the salary room for him with Redd.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#54 » by emunney » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:09 am

I love Chill, but he is a terrible shooter.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
midranger
RealGM

Post#55 » by midranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:09 am

Guys, at this point, Hammond may not have much of a choice. I know we all assume that Portland (or some one) would be willing to step up to give us an expiring deal for RJ, but I'm not so sure.

A few nice games here notwithstanding, he's been an average to below average starting SF this year. I'm not sure how many teams are looking to pay a guy like that near max dollars for the next 2.5 years.
midranger
RealGM

Post#56 » by midranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ayt wrote:It will be pretty ridiculous if two very talented young guys simply walk away so we can watch Redd and Redd Jr.

It's too bad because I think Redd Jr. actually could be a good guy to have around on a young team the next few years. We just don't have the salary room for him with Redd.

I thought for sure RJ was brought in to replace Redd. Starting the year with both was a mistake. Not trading Redd when he had the chance just compounded this. Spending big money on one wing may be okay, spending on two is a mistake.
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#57 » by Mike X » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:16 am

DrugBust wrote:
Mike X wrote:

I've only caught highlights, not enough to have an opinion. What do you see in him?

Like you Ive only seen highlights. Seems to have great athleticsm, can score, seems to have a huge "upside".

Is he a smart player though, does he play defence and is he a"skiles " type of player, those things I cant tell from highlights.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#58 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:19 am

Warren reminds me a bit of Stuckey. That would probably be his best case, but I see similarities.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#59 » by unklchuk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:19 am

Games like tonight's:

a. are great to watch.

b. suggest that Hammond has more assets that I thought (or better quality assets) for trades.

c. or has less heavy lifting to do in solidifying a playoff roster than I feared.

Wish I could read the inside scoop on what Hammond/Skiles now think of CV and Sessions, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I still enjoy watching CV play (except wasn't Sciola CV's man?) and when the team is making intelligent decisions like tonight I definitely enjoy Sessions at PG. Enjoy the whole team, with many positive contributors.
AFAIK, IDKM
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#60 » by aboveAverage » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 am

LUKE23 wrote:I'll take the egg on the face for my 2,000 posts in the Conley thread, ASSUMING Sessions is wearing a Bucks jersey next year. I'm not ready to call that a lock yet. But I want a young, talented core I can watch grow, not $25M combined between two vet wing scorers.

Yes! Finally, I was waiting to hear that. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks