ImageImage

Would you part with unprotect 1st to unload Gadz?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you part with unprotected pick to unload Gadz?

Yes for the world!
22%
No way buddy boy
42%
depends on the players coming back
17%
depends if the players is good or expiring
19%

Total votes: 36

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Would you part with unprotect 1st to unload Gadz? 

Post#41 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:00 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Even if that's true, it doesn't negate my point. Teams would take a pile of crap making $6.5M for two years for a pick 12 or less.

People continue to act like Gadz is holding this team back so badly, when Redd/RJ combined make 5 times the amount he does, and neither player is better than a third option on a contender.

Get rid of those trash contracts, then you don't have to worry about selling off draft picks.

europa wrote:
CharlosVllnueva wrote:
The key to all of this is unloading RJ now and then Gadz/Redd the following year. All problems will be solved then.

I'd go along with that. I'd also be fine with trading RJ now, dealing Gadz/first round pick (especially if it's in the 10-15 range) and then dealing Redd next year. That scenario should also put the Bucks in a good position to improve.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:17 pm

I'd trade our 1st with Gadz and Ridnour if we could get back an expiring guy who could help us scramble to the playoffs. We'd then give our guys a taste of the postseason and have about 12 million to spend on CV and Magic.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#43 » by JoeHova » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:52 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:We're not giving away picks. We're selling a draft pick. The price is Gadzuric and his contract.

..1st round draft picks don't have that kind of value. Look what draft picks are just straight out bought and sold for....

For the $14 mil we'd be saving, we could buy five 1st round picks if you're so interested in 1st round picks.

Are you certain of being able to get that many picks for $14 million? Word is that Mario Chalmers was purchased from the Wolves for $2 million and he was the 34th pick. A #1 overall pick is clearly worth a lot more than $14 million at that rate (to be fair, you insisted on top 3 protection, but that wasn't the original question), and in the cases of Yao and LeBron, those picks were worth hundreds of millions of dollars in terms of franchise valuation alone, not even including on court production (in other words- rookie deal vs. actual worth).

The other part of the equation is that Gadz, while overpaid, is not useless. He would have to be replaced and a big man of his current quality is probably worth $2-3 million per year on the open market, judging from the deals that Elson and Allen, much worse players, got. So, the Bucks would really be saving about $8 million and possibly losing a top 10 pick. Judging from what it took to get Chalmers, a top 10 pick is worth that or more. If the pick is 17th or 19th or something, I'm with you, buy a later pick and save the approximately $5-6 million. Where the Bucks' pick lies won't be known until well after the deadline though, which is why I can't condone an un- or minimally protected trade of a 1st round pick.

edit: not sure if the $3 million cash limit for normal trades is in effect for draft pick purchases as well (I assume it is), but if it is, my point would be that teams would (usually, maybe there would be an exception if a team was about to fold or something or if the team is owned by Robert Sarver) value top ten picks more highly than $3 million and thus would not sell them for $3 million.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#44 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 am

Assuming that for whatever reason we are married to the idea of keeping RJ for now and trying to ride CV and Sessions to the playoffs:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Ridnour, Gadz and our first for Rasho and Diener with a salary throw in. Rasho isn't great but he's better than Gadz/Elson and Diener is a solid backup PG. We'd still be underdogs to make the playoffs unless Bogut came back and we went on a run but the reason we do this to shed $12 million to sign CV and Sessions.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#45 » by emunney » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 am

If it's true that we can trade Gadz to save 14 million and then buy 5 first rounders, can we just trade our first rounder for 5 first rounders? I would accept 4.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#46 » by apdamico » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:33 am

I think it would take CV or Sessions in any deal in order to move Gadzuric's contract.

Organization stated Sessions is in their future plans, no such statement concerning CV, if that's factual and they don't want to see CV just walk in the summer, might make sense to trade him now. If so, I sure hope Gadzuric's contract is included in any such deal in order to clear cap space to re-sign Sessions, and likely Bogans if Redd's going to be out for the start of next season.

If the deal isn't made to clear cap space, we better be getting a strong young PF with a reasonable contract in return for the package mentioned.
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#47 » by JoeHova » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 am

Bogans has a long track record of being nothing special, I think it's too early to think about re-signing him. I hope he plays well but he is way down the list of things the Bucks should worry about.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#48 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 am

europa wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hammond tries to trade the pick in next summer's draft. He tried to trade last summer's pick and I think he may very well try and trade this next one - assuming the Bucks don't land a sure-fire stud pick, of course.

Europa, it's probably wise not to cite that for John's sake. CV, Mason (expiring), and our #1 for Kirk wasn't the best idea.
Go Bucks!
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,325

Post#49 » by Mags FTW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:49 am

Gadz is a horrible player. Gadz has a horrible contract. But there is no way in hell I trade an unprotected 1st just to clear an extra $7 million. The draft is the best chance you have at getting a truly special player, and better yet a special player at a relatively cheap salary for his first few years.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#50 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:51 am

msiris wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Most definitely would. The Bucks have plenty of youngsters to build around and Gadzuric just may be the WORST player in the NBA. Not WORST contract. WORST player
I am going to disagree with you Jimmy. Redd has the worst contract on the team. With his injury he will never play at the same level he once has.

And even at that level, he'll still be three times the player Gadzuric is. Gadzuric is at top 5 worst contract in the NBA.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#51 » by europa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:43 am

MFScho wrote:
europa wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hammond tries to trade the pick in next summer's draft. He tried to trade last summer's pick and I think he may very well try and trade this next one - assuming the Bucks don't land a sure-fire stud pick, of course.

Europa, it's probably wise not to cite that for John's sake. CV, Mason (expiring), and our #1 for Kirk wasn't the best idea.

Do we even know if that was a legitimate offer? I'm not ripping on wichmae but that one swirled all over the place in this forum. In any event, I do think Hammond may look to move next summer's first - especially if it isn't a prime lottery pick again.
Nothing will not break me.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#52 » by Debit One » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 am

DrugBust wrote:Redd yes, Jefferson maybe, Gadz no.

My thinking is if Jefferson isn't dealt we more than likely lose Sessions and CV. Those two are likely better than anyone we pick up in the late lotto. It's a shame we're in this position but it's a reality.

I am shocked at the sentence that I am about to type. ....

I agree with DrugBust. :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks