Around the Association 2/10

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Re: Around the Association 2/10 

Post#41 » by lawrybeard » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 am

AussieBuck wrote:
paul wrote:Knicks/Warriors later tonight, I'm predicting the Knicks win a close one 10,001 to 10,000, they could set a record for the most shots ever taken in an nba game and a subjective record of the least defense ever played. In all seriousness I could see Lee and Biedrins both having 30/20 nights tonight.

$1.91 for the combined score to be over 231 points. I've got the over.

70pts in the 1st quarter says you'll be collecting soon enough.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#42 » by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:07 am

jerrod wrote:i just saw the replay of the 2 foul calls at the end of the pacers game and seeing each one twice i thought the first one looked like a foul, granger bumped lebron off as he jumped. there was contact on the 2nd one but less and the ball was nowhere near the rim.

just my opinion though

Yeah you could go that way for sure jerrod, but imo the first one was ridiculous star call and once it was made the second one had to be. There was no way either should have been made imo, the first was probably worse than the second but like I said if you make one you've probably got to make both.

I know one thing, if the Bucks were on the wrong end of the first call for Lebron this board would have exploded, and rightfully so.
paul
RealGM

Post#43 » by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:09 am

lawrybeard wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
paul wrote:Knicks/Warriors later tonight, I'm predicting the Knicks win a close one 10,001 to 10,000, they could set a record for the most shots ever taken in an nba game and a subjective record of the least defense ever played. In all seriousness I could see Lee and Biedrins both having 30/20 nights tonight.

$1.91 for the combined score to be over 231 points. I've got the over.

70pts in the 1st quarter says you'll be collecting soon enough.

:lol:

Like I said, safest bet of the night. I forgot Biedrins was out, Lee will go 30/20 here, book it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#44 » by jerrod » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:10 am

paul wrote:
jerrod wrote:i just saw the replay of the 2 foul calls at the end of the pacers game and seeing each one twice i thought the first one looked like a foul, granger bumped lebron off as he jumped. there was contact on the 2nd one but less and the ball was nowhere near the rim.

just my opinion though

I know one thing, if the Bucks were on the wrong end of the first call for Lebron this board would have exploded, and rightfully so.

that's true, but that's hardly proof of good refereeing. this board is unbelievably homeristic when it comes to in game calls and a vast majority of the board thinks every ref is out to get them.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#45 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 am

jerrod wrote:this board is unbelievably homeristic when it comes to in game calls and a vast majority of the board thinks every ref is out to get them.

You're too young. You need to experience about 20 Bucks playoff games that actually mean something where the Bucks get screwed by the officials and the superstar gets the call.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#46 » by europa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
jerrod wrote:this board is unbelievably homeristic when it comes to in game calls and a vast majority of the board thinks every ref is out to get them.

You're too young. You need to experience about 20 Bucks playoff games that actually mean something where the Bucks get screwed by the officials and the superstar gets the call.

The 80s forever scarred me in that regard. The Bucks spent nearly an entire decade getting f'd by refs in the playoffs.
Nothing will not break me.
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#47 » by mbucks22 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:17 am

Damn I wish I could watch the Warriors/Knicks! Already 45-41 and the second quarter isn't even half over.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#48 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 am

Hahaa I'm rich bitches. 106 points in 18 minutes
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#49 » by jerrod » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

while it's true that i am much younger than you :D

i don't let that stuff bother me. i'm all about fairness and i'd bet a considerable amount of money that kareem and oscar got a few 50/50 calls to go their way in those years.

now, what this should really tell you is that flat out, we need a superstar and we need to keep trying until we get one. problem solved
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#50 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:16 am

Gallinari is going to be a legit player in the next few years.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#51 » by mbucks22 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:16 am

:lol: @ all the Cavs fans crying. "WE WERE ROBBED!!", after all the calls that Lebron has had go his way, please just STFU.

105-95 Warriors with a full quarter still to go. The teams are a combined 20-39 from downtown.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#52 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:20 am

32 more points and the bookies lose. Nate Robinson is a guy I don't want on this team but what he can do at his height is breathtaking.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul
RealGM

Post#53 » by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:24 am

mbucks22 wrote::lol: @ all the Cavs fans crying. "WE WERE ROBBED!!", after all the calls that Lebron has had go his way, please just STFU.

It's one of the most blatant cases of sour grapes I can remember. This is from the wiretap from Mike Brown, then LBJ -

"That last call on LeBron [James] was the worst call that I've ever been a part of. It was an awful call and for him to take away a basketball game from a team with .04 seconds on the clock is irresponsible," Brown said. "We got the game taken away from us, absolutely horrible. I feel badly for the guys in the locker room."

On the previous possession, just fractions of a second earlier, Granger was whistled for a similar foul while guarding James. The foul allowed LeBron to hit two foul shots to tie the game.

After the game, James admitted that the first of the two game-changing fouls was questionable.

"I thought the one call on Granger against me was questionable. There was definitely some contact, enough for a whistle to be blown... But it could have gone both ways. The last call against me was not questionable at all. No contact was made. The pass was short. You couldn’t go to the rim," James said.

The quote from Mike Brown is one of the most priceless quotes I've ever read. He says the whistle against Lebron was "the worst call he's ever been a part of" yet doesn't mention that it was almost identical to a call made FOR his team .5 of a second earlier when even Lebron said the call for him was questionable. Then he says "to take away a game with .4 second left is irresponsible" yet somehow taking away a game from his opposition with .9 second left is not?

Congratulations Mike, you officially look like a F idiot today.
lawrybeard
Analyst

Post#54 » by lawrybeard » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:29 am

Lebron shocks the world by saying Granger made enough contact for a foul, but his definitely wasn't. He acts like a spoilt little kid when he loses.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#55 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am

I disagree, Lebron had a path to the basket and was nudged off the path of the ball. It could have been a no call but there was contact into his side. The second oop was a short pass and Lebron got it from front position. Mike Brown's comments were lame but Lebron's were spot on.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#56 » by midranger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 am

How much did GS pay for Turiaf?

Add up Elson, Allen, and Lue and are we there?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paul
RealGM

Post#57 » by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 am

AussieBuck wrote:I disagree, Lebron had a path to the basket and was nudged off the path of the ball. It could have been a no call but there was contact into his side. The second oop was a short pass and Lebron got it from front position. Mike Brown's comments were lame but Lebron's were spot on.

Shutup AussieBuck, your just glowing in the aftermath of your win :D

Lee disappoints with only a 20/10.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#58 » by AussieBuck » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:41 am

paul wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I disagree, Lebron had a path to the basket and was nudged off the path of the ball. It could have been a no call but there was contact into his side. The second oop was a short pass and Lebron got it from front position. Mike Brown's comments were lame but Lebron's were spot on.

I can't here you, I'm up to my ears in my money pit, kicking it with Max Green.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
paul
RealGM

Post#59 » by paul » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 am

AussieBuck wrote:
paul wrote:

I can't here you, I'm up to my ears in my money pit, kicking it with Max Green.

:lol:
lawrybeard
Analyst

Post#60 » by lawrybeard » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 am

Turiaf's block rate is ridiculous.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks