CV's Trade Value

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: CV's Trade Value 

Post#41 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:52 am

raferfenix wrote:I'd kill to get Aldridge

You don't have to. We already have him on the roster.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#42 » by Nebula1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 am

raferfenix wrote:I'd kill to get Aldridge, but I don't see the Blazers trading him----isn't he a McMillan favorite?

I think Houston is the team that is valuing CV the highest right now. They need to be thinking about the post-McGrady years with his precipitous decline, and that team needs a change much more now than they did earlier in the year.

The Warriors also come to my mind, as they are trying to make a splash with a big man and CV is as much of a Nellie guy as there has ever been.

Any other ideas on teams that would trade the most for CV?

What do you think of the Aldridge/Lafrentz for Villanueva/Jefferson/Alexander/2nd deal? Gives us what we need and loads up their roster.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#43 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:54 am

Nebula1 wrote:I think they're different types of players. How many 3s does Aldridge attempt?

Aldridge rarely attempts 3's. The point is, they're pretty similar. Offensive minded PF's, not great defenders, diverse inside-out game, CV the better rebounder, Aldridge the better defender. Overall though, they're pretty much identical.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#44 » by Nebula1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:01 am

trwi7 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:I think they're different types of players. How many 3s does Aldridge attempt?

Aldridge rarely attempts 3's. The point is, they're pretty similar. Offensive minded PF's, not great defenders, diverse inside-out game, CV the better rebounder, Aldridge the better defender. Overall though, they're pretty much identical.

I don't know man. They may be statistically similar, but their games are different. Aldridge would be the change the culture type of player if he came to Milwaukee. And he's the right kind of PF for Sessions.

In terms of your point about CV being a better rebounder and Aldridge a better defender... what do you think works better next to Bogut? Probably the better defender since Bogut should be getting 12rbs/gm soon.

In terms of contracts, it solves most of the big problems. Got a guy at PF for cheaper than we would keeping CV. Loses the Jefferson contract. Gives Alexander a chance in a different environment. And we keep our 1st to protect against Redd's health.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#45 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 am

Incoming Players:To Kings

Joe Alexander
6-8 SF from West Virginia
4.2 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.2 minutes

Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
3.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.1 minutes

Luke Ridnour
6-1 PG from Oregon
10.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 31.2 minutes

Richard Jefferson
6-7 SF from Arizona
17.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 35.8 minutes

Outing Players: To Bucks

Donte Greene
6-11 PF from Syracuse
3.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes

John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami (FL)
18.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.6 minutes

Mikki Moore
7-0 C from Nebraska
3.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.4 minutes

Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
11.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 31.5 minutes

No way in hell I would do this if I am the Kings...but they might. Spencer Hawes has a backup, and you can have Richard Jefferson to entertain the crowd with Kevin Martin, and a starter for Udrich.

Again, I am grabbing for straws here trying to find you all deals to be able to resign either Sessions or Villanueva. I would trade them both...now and keep Jefferson if it was me but I am in the few in this sentiment.

This gets us Jefferson out of here (which I do not directly advocate) so you can resign Sessions and Villaneuva which I think is shaky....and gets expiring deals and a replacment good enough to still make a playoff run?

In fact this also gets Gadzuric and Ridnour launched as well. And twirl you do not need to resign both of them. In fact, I wouldn't. I would pick one or the other.

And Twirl, I did not miss the point of trading Jefferson...I know why you all want to trade Jefferson. If you dont like this then come up with one yourself genius. Work with me here....work with me...

Actually unless it is for Marion, Amare, Shaq or JO I DONT WANT TO TRADE HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE so we can sign both Sessions and Villanueva.

I think Sessions is fools gold...I told you that before. It would be a gamble and a mistake. I would not mind bringing back Charlie but I don't think he and Bogut fit good together for what Skiles wants and he might stop working after he gets his cheese...we don't know.

You don't move proven All Stars like Jefferson IN THEIR PRIMES at 28 years old who has been to two NBA Finals much less the playoffs, to make room to resign Sessions who is not an All Star and does not even have 1 year under his belt as a second round sleeper.

All he has is a couple of fantasy league delights you all seem to value and not a finished product.

No other team in the entire league does what you are all asking to do...throwing around money on unproven, untested, unsuccessful non-playoff players.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#46 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Incoming Players
Joe Alexander
6-8 SF from West Virginia
4.2 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.2 minutes
Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
3.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.1 minutes
Luke Ridnour
6-1 PG from Oregon
10.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 31.2 minutes
Richard Jefferson
6-7 SF from Arizona
17.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 35.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
Donte Greene
6-11 PF from Syracuse
3.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami (FL)
18.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.7 apg in 37.6 minutes
Mikki Moore
7-0 C from Nebraska
3.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 16.4 minutes
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
11.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 31.5 minutes

This gets you people Jefferson out of here so you can resign Sessions and Villaneuva which Ii think is stupid....and gets expiring deals.

In fact this also gets Gadzuric and Ridnour launched as well. And twirl you do not need to resign both of them. In fact, I wouldn't. I would pick one or the other.

And Twirl, I did not miss the point of trading Jefferson...I know why you all want to trade Jefferson.

I DONT WANT TO TRADE HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE so we can sign both Sessions and Villanueva. I think Sessions is fools gold...I told you that before. It would be a gamble and a mistake.

Sessions is not an All Star and does not even have 1 year under his belt as a second round sleeper.
All he has is a couple of fantasy league delights you all seem to value and not a finished product.

No other team in the entire league does what you are all asking to do...throwing around money on unproven, untested, unsuccessful non-playoff players.

Haha. Only if MBBOT became GM of Sacramento would that trade go through for them.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#47 » by raferfenix » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 am

It was my impression that Aldridge is a very good defender although he is not the best rebounder. If we think he can become a great defender then I think we go all out for him.

I'd easily do RJ/CV/Alexander for Lafrentz/Aldridge, although I'm not sure they would. Has anyone heard any trade rumors or even general negativity coming from their camp about Aldridge?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#48 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 am

Nebula1 wrote:Aldridge would be the change the culture type of player if he came to Milwaukee.

What does this even mean?

And he's the right kind of PF for Sessions.

According to Sessions, CV is the right kind of PF for him. They're best friends and Ramon said he always knows where CV is on the court.

In terms of your point about CV being a better rebounder and Aldridge a better defender... what do you think works better next to Bogut? Probably the better defender since Bogut should be getting 12rbs/gm soon.

CV is actually defending better under Skiles this year. So he's not a complete liability there and I'm sorry, when you're grabbing less than 7 rebounds in 36 minutes as a starting PF, you're pretty horrible.

In terms of contracts, it solves most of the big problems. Got a guy at PF for cheaper than we would keeping CV. Loses the Jefferson contract. Gives Alexander a chance in a different environment. And we keep our 1st to protect against Redd's health.

How is Aldridge cheaper? He's going to make nearly $6 million next year. If CV takes the qualifying offer, he's $1,220,992 million cheaper than Aldridge.

So let's assume that we trade RJ straight up for Raef without any of the Aldridge/CV/Alexander stuff and that CV and Sessions each get $6 million next year and our 1st and 2nd round picks cost a combined $3.5 million.

Our total salary would be $65, 712,000

Now let's say we did the trade you proposed, RJ/CV/Alexander/2nd for LaFrentz/Aldridge.

Our total salary, assuming again that Sessions costs $6 million and the draft pick costs about $2.8 million (taking out the salary of the 2nd round pick) we would have a $62,323,467 million payroll.

All you're doing there is basically giving away Alexander's salary next year for free.

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#49 » by El Duderino » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 am

europa wrote:
M. Pemulis wrote:
Despite his improved play, league GMs might be wary of matching CV with their coach, particularly ones not as strong as Skiles.

This is an excellent point and it's one I was going to mention earlier but forgot to. I do think people around the league might be wondering if Villanueva is having success because he has such a demanding head coach and that if he's placed back in a situation like he's had previously he might regress again. I think that's a valid question and as you pointed out, it could impact his market value and help the Bucks should they decide they want to keep him.

I don't doubt that Skiles has helped Villanueva. That said, i still think the biggest reason for his success this year is opportunity and confidence.

For the first time since becoming a Bucks player, Charlie is not only getting consistently big minutes, he's being featured in the offense because of the injuries to Redd and Bogut. Listen to him during nearly every interview over the last month plus, he almost always mentions how much he is relishing the opportunity to play a lot, having the coaches showing confidence in him, and just liking that he's being counted on to produce.

Between the injury his first year with us and then Yi unfairly getting way more minutes than Charlie last year even though Yi was stinking up the joint, i think he was frustrated by feeling like he was never an integral part of the team and frustrated that he often was given such a short leash after mistakes while others weren't held to the same standard. I think that CV respected that Skiles would not only bench him for boneheaded or lax play, everyone on the team generally was now being held to those standards. I never saw Charlie as a selfish guy, just a player that wanted a fair chance to really help the team whether off the bench or starting.

Now i see a player who for the first time since the TJ trade that looks very happy and confident. He's not looking towards the bench each time he does something stupid to see if he's going to get pulled and maybe never gt back into the game. While i like Charlie, he is softer defensively than i'd prefer as my starting PF even though i think he's trying much harder on defense. So long as he's scoring well, it covers for his defensive shortcomings. That said, i wonder if we say signed him for 4yrs/30-34ish million and the roster gets other quality scorers compared to what we've got out there now, how many less shots does he get then? So if simply by less scoring opportunities, Charlie ends up being only a 15-16ppg PF, then do his defensive shortcomings become bigger than his offensive skills compared to if he's scoring 20 plus like he is now? IMO, if the Bucks do resign Charlie, it has to be with the intention of him being one of the main options on offense when building the rest of the team or else it makes much less sense to keep him because his scoring ability is where his value lies.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#50 » by apdamico » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Would Portland trade Aldridge/Lafrentz for Villanueva/Jefferson and a 1st?

Doesn't appear so because all the talk this morning is that Aldridge/LaFrentz/Bayless and either a 2nd round pick or possibly their 1st round pick from 2006 draft class, Joel Freeland, are being offered to the Suns for Amare.

That appears to be a very strong package for Amare, so one would think they are in serious discussions. It appears Pritchard rather have Amare for the playoff push over RJ! The fact that he's willing to part with Aldridge, which he wouldn't have to in an RJ trade, would validate that theory.

Portland was saving for a max player this summer but Darius Miles contract situation ruined those plans, getting Amare in the above package would get them the type of player they originally targeted. Obviously though, it would come at a much steeper price in having to package the talent listed above.

Once Amare finally is traded, hopefully over this weekend, and then we all should get a better picture of potential landing spots for RJ if it isn't going to be Portland.

Let's hope RJ has a monster game tonight! :pray:
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#51 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:32 pm

I really don't believe the Portland/Phoenix offer at all, I think it's just writers looking to make waves. Last year the only RFA that I remember getting a good deal was JSmoove, and personally I think Memphis is our biggest threat. All depending on what Hollins thinks of CV, but a lineup of Conley, OJ, Gay, CV, and Gasol would be an offensive juggernaut.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#52 » by apdamico » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I really don't believe the Portland/Phoenix offer at all, I think it's just writers looking to make waves. Last year the only RFA that I remember getting a good deal was JSmoove, and personally I think Memphis is our biggest threat. All depending on what Hollins thinks of CV, but a lineup of Conley, OJ, Gay, CV, and Gasol would be an offensive juggernaut.

I hope it's just smoke myself because we need an expiring contract for RJ and that seems to be our best chance unless we are somehow in the O'Neil or Marion talks. I could see CV on Memphis, but I could see CV on many teams, including the Knicks if they lost Lee. CV's presents such matchup problems that 2/3's of the team out their could use a player like him.

His value is very high right now and he'd be more valuable to a team that has cap space to re-sign him over the summer. Until some or most of the trades discussed occur, we really don't know the teams that will have the most cap space left over the summer. The Pistons seem to be the only team with space not willing to deal and if they lose Rasheed, I could even see CV on the Pistons; especially after the game he had against them a couple nights ago.
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by blueedwards » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Would Portland trade Aldridge/Lafrentz for Villanueva/Jefferson and a 1st?
No thanks! Thats worse then my Kings trade idea.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#54 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:56 pm

I think Detroit is the only team out there with a real offer into Phoenix, other than NY. I don't think NY will lose Lee because he already said he wouldn't resign with Memphis when they tried to trade for him. Lee can make more advertising $ staying in NY, plus the chance to play with LeBron, etc. It seems to me that Memphis is the only team with the cap space and the need for a PF that would make a serious offer at CV.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#55 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 am

raferfenix wrote:The Rockets are actively imploding, and with CV's dramatically improved play I can see them valuing him a ton more than they did before. McGrady is looking like his game has had it---at hte least in Houston, as many of their fans at least are saying he's been dogging it. Artest has also supposedly contributed in blowing up their lockerroom.

They are a team in desperate need of a long term #2 scorer next to Yao, and I'm hoping that with his improved play we can snag much more than Landry from them.

For instance---if we trade RJ (in this or another deal), Shane Battier would be a particularly great fit here (epitomizing all that is a Skiles kind of player). I can see Herb Kohl loving the added attention we'd get if we get Tracy Mcgrady, and even if his game is not resucitable he's a free agent year after next.

I was going to say RJ, CV, Gadz, bucks second for T Mac.
But then I see T-mac's picture on the front of hoophype saying he's out for the year
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks