ImageImage

Hammond on Homer

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Re: Hammond on Homer 

Post#21 » by El Duderino » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:05 am

xTitan wrote:I thought another good point was the fact that all of a sudden CV, RJ, and Bell started shooting a lot better the more run Ramon has been getting.....I just think Ramon has such a natural feel for running an offense.

I don't doubt that Sessions has helped get guys good shots, but Villanueva was shooting a lot better before Ridnour went out and Bell simply has been hitting open jumpers that he was bricking earlier on.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#22 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:05 am

europa wrote:I think the best and possibly only way to get rid of Gadz's contract is to combine him with either Villanueva, Alexander or the 2009 first. Frankly, his contract stinks so bad I don't think any of those other options would make a team want to swallow it. But it's at least worth exploring in my opinion.

I look at Minnesota and OKC as two possible destinations for some combination of Gadz and another asset. Both are going young, both have major financial flexibility into 2011, both seem unlikely to be able to parlay that financial flexibility into a major free agent acquisition because they aren't going to be good for a while and aren't in preferred locales, and both could use a young forward to go with their young nuclei (a pf like CV for OKC or a sf like JA for the Wolves). Obviously the team's draft pick is probably looking better considering all the Bucks' injury woes as well, so that's out there.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
El Sid
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#23 » by El Sid » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 am

I think the Bucks are going to have to sit on DG's contract until he's an expiring and then they can trade him or wait until it's up. The only way they get rid of it is if CV commits to the QO for next year to whatever team he's traded to and they give up the first with it.

I guess I'm just looking forward to a trade going down with Portland to clear some space and be young and competitive next season and then DG and Redd's expirings next summer.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#24 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 am

eagle13 wrote:
xTitan wrote:....I would not rule out any possible deal involving RJ and Ridnour, that LaFrentz expiring has to look very good. I would also make a very strong bet that the Bucks are in no way going to overpay for CV and possibly Ramon, for that matter. For me personally, if I could dump Danny G's bad contract and not take on any futurer salary considerations, I would be willing to package CV with Danny G. just to dump that bad contract.

Hope that Port deal happens otherwise - That last idea using CV is really the only way we have any chance of moving Gadz and it would probably also take our 1st. Expensive but worth it to solve $ issue imo - until we can unload Redd next year.
You should have....UNLOADED REDD IN THE FIRST PLACE....DING DONG...HELLO SOMEBODY!

AND you could have KEPT MO WILLIAMS WITH SCOTT SKILES a decent coach in the mold of Jerry Sloan leading him, and still had overratted Sessions! You people are still getting way too worked up over a 3 game effort by Sessions.

Some of you fans don't know talent like you think you do. I hope you are right! I sure as heck hope you are right. I do not see what you see in him...right now. Sessions is ok..and makes routine plays that he should make...but he is no 'difference maker' that you look and say, 'oh yeah we have to have him.'
If you do, I would love to go against you as a GM...and whup your tail. LOL...he is not all that ...not yet atleast. Yes he does some things well. But you overexaggerate.

The thing I like about him is he can get to the basket, but that is only because any PG should do that because of the 'no touch' (no hand check, no bump) rules and the rules design for spacing...
so hell, any PG can carve his way to the hoop if he has a decent handle and first step. Almost anyone.

Ramon Sessions is like a George Hill, Bobby Brown and Jose Barea of the Mevericks. That doesn't make him a Superstar like you all are going coo coo for coca puffs over! LOL....geez!

STAY HUMBLE RAMON....and your fans too! He has not yet arrived...people! :noway:

His effectivenss is becuase of the leagues unfamiliarity with him right now, NOT HIS TALENT!

But he is trying to spin the Mo trade into a trade made to clear cap room and that maybe...but the guy you should have moved for cap room is Redd not Mo! I don't care what he said about Milwaukee in the head of losing and finger pointing last year.

And then you should have made a better draft pick more then anything else and taken Brooke Lopez or moved down and got Mareese Speights or Bayless!

Or what I would have done is kept Mo Williams and moved down with Redd and package him and got Love or Mayo and brought back Antonie Walker's expiring!

Anything but what they did! I've been saying to all of you....Redd comes a dime a dozen. You need to go get a Superstar in this draft!

No one listens...but you will...Oh you will...eventually.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#25 » by fam3381 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:00 am

LUKE23 wrote:Yeah, the $4M owed to Allen/Elson next year really sucks right now.

They do suck, but in the spirit of fairness they're "only" getting paid $3 million :)
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#26 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:03 am

LUKE23 wrote:I don't see why it's a stretch to say he can be an all-star in a few years. It's pretty hard to put up those kind of numbers without supreme talent.
What numbers!!!!! :confused:

OVER THERE FIRCKIN GAMES Luke!? What numbers son!? HA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you all crack me up! What numbers! :dontknow:

He has had one great game! Are you all in here....okay? Should I check your head and pulse? What games has Sessions strung together to make him an All Star!?

Just tell me! The 22 assists game? The 44 pts game? So what! Do it over a 40 game stretch on every night!

Is this fan base so desperate for a star they take any game and then designate if a guy is gonna be an all star or not? On most other teams Sessions might very well be out of the league in two years!

If you are on a sub .500 like our's anyone looks like an All Star to you! Look what losing has done to some of you!

Look at what lottery finishes and yearly coaching changes and GM switches and roster overhauls and wholesale changes have done to you as fans....mentally and emotionally.

Just look! You are all desperate and grabbing for anything and everyone you can see and overhyping them after a hand full of good games....look at you!

I am the only sane one here who is even slightly even keel about this...He is doing what he should do with the minutes he's got and the team he plays and the rules in place.

Keep elevating your expectations for him okay...that is real smart. Then come back to me in two years... :giveup:

Did you see Chris Paul (My MVP of the All Star Game)...in the ASG? Now when Sessions gets like that then come talk to me!
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#27 » by jokeboy86 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:22 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I don't see why it's a stretch to say he can be an all-star in a few years. It's pretty hard to put up those kind of numbers without supreme talent.
What numbers!!!!! :confused:

OVER THERE FIRCKIN GAMES Luke!? What numbers son!? HA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you all crack me up! What numbers! :dontknow:

He has had one great game! Are you all in here....okay? Should I check your head and pulse? What games has Sessions strung together to make him an All Star!?

Just tell me! The 22 assists game? The 44 pts game? So what! Do it over a 40 game stretch on every night!

Is this fan base so desperate for a star they take any game and then designate if a guy is gonna be an all star or not? On most other teams Sessions might very well be out of the league in two years!

If you are on a sub .500 like our's anyone looks like an All Star to you! Look what losing has done to some of you!

Look at what lottery finishes and yearly coaching changes and GM switches and roster overhauls and wholesale changes have done to you as fans....mentally and emotionally.

Just look! You are all desperate and grabbing for anything and everyone you can see and overhyping them after a hand full of good games....look at you!

I am the only sane one here who is even slightly even keel about this...He is doing what he should do with the minutes he's got and the team he plays and the rules in place.

Keep elevating your expectations for him okay...that is real smart. Then come back to me in two years... :giveup:

Did you see Chris Paul (My MVP of the All Star Game)...in the ASG? Now when Sessions gets like that then come talk to me!

Why do all of your posts remind me of the "Cathy" comic strip
playmaker24
Sophomore

Post#28 » by playmaker24 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am

Name the former Milwaukee Bucks point guard that put up the following three game stretch in the 05/06 season:

Apr 9 CHA L 88-94 32pts, 4rebs, 10asts, 2stls
Apr 7 @ NOR L 89-95 36pts, 5rebs, 4asts,
Apr 5 @ IND L 103-111 34pts, 11rebs, 8asts, 1stl, 1blk

Answer.........................................

Mike James - proof that stats can be deceiving and do not always point to a supremely talented player.

Ramon is a very promising pg, but lets not sell the house to keep him just yet.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#29 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:02 am

playmaker24 wrote:

Name the former Milwaukee Bucks point guard that put up the following three game stretch in the 05/06 season:

Apr 9 CHA L 88-94 32pts, 4rebs, 10asts, 2stls
Apr 7 @ NOR L 89-95 36pts, 5rebs, 4asts,
Apr 5 @ IND L 103-111 34pts, 11rebs, 8asts, 1stl, 1blk

Answer.........................................

Mike James - proof that stats can be deceiving and do not always point to a supremely talented player.

Ramon is a very promising pg, but lets not sell the house to keep him just yet.

I think you have to note that Mike James was 29 at the time he was putting up those games on his 4th team in the league and was enroute to becoming the very definition of a shoot first PG, although he did play solid D was viewed by many teams desperate for help at the PG spot as a good short term fix, but not a long term answer.

Ramon is putting these games up in less than his first full season in the NBA. He has infinitely much more upside than Mike James. The fact he has had immediate success when starting so early in his career has to make you take notice and ask the question "do we have someone special here?" The potential is there, these are the kind of players you hang onto.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#30 » by eagle13 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:39 am

IF we can't move RJ for expiring, we still need to cut salary imo.
Gadz is crap and needs to go.
I agree its almost impossible.
The only way is with both CV & 1st. Expensive but worth it imo and neither is a terrible loss.
With CV we cannot be positive he won't regress after a new contract
The 1st pick is only > 11 in a weak draft.

CV, Gadz, top5protected1st
to MN for
Collins & McCants (both expiring) & 2nd

OR

we get Crawford from Warriors
for
CV, Gadz, and a (conditional) top5protected1st

BUCKS
Crawford is said to want to opt out. That is what we want and what is conditional.
So if Crawford opts out as we desire they get 1st / no pick if he doesn't.

WARRIORs
Ellis is back as starting PG.
Need size.
Get CV
Gadz runs and may actually fit w/ Nelson as Biedrin's backup.
They get early mid 1st.

BOTTOM LINE
we can now resign Ramon and can afford to sign Ersan and use MLE for PF
and still Have Luke's expiring as an asset next offseason.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#31 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 am

eagle13 wrote:Crawford is said to want to opt out. That is what we want and what is conditional.

It would be unwise for Crawford to use his ETO, IMO. So I wouldn't count on that. Even if he currently desires to use it, between now and then someone may talk some sense into him.

I also do not believe that you can make a draft pick conditional on that type of circumstance, in the NBA. I think you can do something like that in the NFL, but in the NBA picks are only conditional based on position of the draft pick and conveyance of other draft picks, nothing else. I am not 100% certain though and would have to investigate further before willing to put a 100% stamp on that. You'll have to settle for a 95% in the meantime :)

One thing that COULD be done would be to have Crawford send written declaration to the league invoking his ETO along with the trade paperwork.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#32 » by eagle13 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:19 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
eagle13 wrote:Crawford is said to want to opt out. That is what we want and what is conditional.

It would be unwise for Crawford to use his ETO, IMO. So I wouldn't count on that. Even if he currently desires to use it, between now and then someone may talk some sense into him.

I also do not believe that you can make a draft pick conditional on that type of circumstance, in the NBA. I think you can do something like that in the NFL, but in the NBA picks are only conditional based on position of the draft pick and conveyance of other draft picks, nothing else. I am not 100% certain though and would have to investigate further before willing to put a 100% stamp on that. You'll have to settle for a 95% in the meantime :)

One thing that COULD be done would be to have Crawford send written declaration to the league invoking his ETO along with the trade paperwork.

Fascinating. Yeah I agree Crawford is crazy if he opts out. But he says he will. I know he could change his mind. Love requiring his ETO. Looooooooooong shot I know.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by Dags » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 am

xTitan wrote: Hammond was very candid.....he said they are financially a mess because of bad contracts and can't do anything, there goal is to clean that situation up as soon as possible so they would have the flexibility to do something like that in the near future.

Does this not worry anyone else? Surely he had to know that taking on RJ would cause the team all sorts of salary issues, yet he went ahead and did it. Now he turns around a few months later and says he can't do too much now because the team has financial problems.

Doesn't seem like a cool, calculated 'man with the plan' to me.
Das ist nümberwang!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks