ImageImage

Hasheem Thabeet

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,575

Hasheem Thabeet 

Post#1 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 am

LOL @ your "top 5 NBA center" ... he just got ABUSED by my Dejuan Blair... 20 and 20 for Blair and 5 points and 3 rebounds? and 2 blocks for Thabeet?! :lol:

Just thought this would quite the hype alittle bit that Thabeet is overrated.

Yeah he can dominate a terrible Seton Hall team with garbage big men but when he's up against a real talent like Blair he gets owned!

What do you think will happen if UCONN plays Oklahoma? Blake Griffin will make Thabeet look like a child worse than Blair did and this dude is better than Bogut?

In the 2 years at Utah, I never seen or heard of Bogut play like this against "good" competition.

Who was it that said they would trade the farm for Thabeet to make him a Buck? I sure hope after watching this game tonite you will value having a player like Bogut over an overrated prospect like Thabeet.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Hasheem Thabeet 

Post#2 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 am

Blair is an absolute animal. I officially don't care about his height, 22 and 23 against the "best" team in college basketball and the supposed "best" college big man is beyond impressive.

I definitely wouldn't mind him as a Buck.

EDIT: Thabeet is still a very intriguing prospect as well, one game where he doesn't get more thatn 5 blocks doesn't concern me too much; everyone is entitled to having a bad game here and there.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 am

I mean I still can not understand why Blair is not mentioned for player of year?

If he played for UCONN or North Carolina he might be the front runner but he gets no respect for some reason in that regards..

I mean hes averaged almost 20 and 12 over the last 9 games, 2 20 and 20 games this season and imo he dominates the paint better than anyone in college basketball.

Not to mention he leads the nation in offensive rebounds!

POY if u ask me
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#4 » by emunney » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:23 am

He's not mentioned in POY because it's a one man race.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#5 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:26 am

If you talk pure dominance in the low post, he absolutely should be considered. He puts up the same type numbers that Griffin puts up and does it being 6-7 and in the best conference in basketball. Granted, I do think Blake is the better player... but its ridiculous that Blair isn't getting the respect he deserves.
El Sid
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by El Sid » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:30 am

Yeah Blair is a beast but he isn't quite on the level of Griffin.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#7 » by drew881 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am

Just need the Penguins to rebound and Pittsburgh will have some ridiculous sports teams this year (minus the Pirates of course)
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:44 am

Call me crazy but 22 points and 23 rebounds against the no.1 team in the nation and a hasheem thabeet seems to be a little more impressive then what Blake Griffin did against one of the worst big 12 teams in who have 2 conference wins in a not so good conference.

Dont get me wrong, Blake Griffin is the best college player hands down. But does Blake Griffin average 22 and 14 against Big East teams who have 5 of the top 15 teams and 6 in the top 25 as easily as he does against the big 12? He definitely could but those are gaudy numbers against weak competition if u ask me.

Blake Griffin is unanimous POY but Blair has to be a close 2nd for what he has done in the best conference all season long. Every game its ridiculous. 32 points last game, his 2nd 20 rebound game in 3 games. Come on now, lets not be foolish and say Blake Griffin would dominate Blair because we know that is so far from true.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#9 » by drew881 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
Blake Griffin is unanimous POY but Blair has to be a close 2nd for what he has done in the best conference all season long. Every game its ridiculous. 32 points last game, his 2nd 20 rebound game in 3 games. Come on now, lets not be foolish and say Blake Griffin would dominate Blair because we know that is so far from true.

Well hopefully we get to see that matchup somewhere in the tournament.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#10 » by aboveAverage » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:07 am

Yeah, Thabeet was owned tonight. I still say he will be a top 5 center, but I admit he's a project. His lack of toughness concerns me, but any time you have someone 7-3, it's not that hard to make them tougher. He was in foul trouble tonight, and Blair just took at it him every possession. I'm sticking to my prediction though.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,241

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 am

I think Thabeet can be a dominant rebounder/shotblocker in the NBA within a few years. I don't see him ever being that great of an offensive player. He's shown that more physical players can buly him defensively, and he'll be seeing that every night in the pros.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#12 » by aboveAverage » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 am

I agree, but Yao, Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, Bogut, etc...were all bullied around their 1st and second years in the league. It takes some time to add muscle and toughness, but once Thabeet bulks up, he will be a force.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#13 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:34 am

aboveAverage wrote:Yeah, Thabeet was owned tonight. I still say he will be a top 5 center, but I admit he's a project. His lack of toughness concerns me, but any time you have someone 7-3, it's not that hard to make them tougher. He was in foul trouble tonight, and Blair just took at it him every possession. I'm sticking to my prediction though.
Every player will have a bad game.
Guys like Blair are a load for anyone. Common sense tells you the strategy is to go at a big man like Hasheem and get him in foul trouble and it worked...

I am not dissuaded by one bad game. Neither are respondsible Pro Scouts. Every player in this league gets owned on some nights. I still think he is a guy you can work with.

Did you wait for him to have a bad night so you could run in here and make a thread berating him? Where were you all year long when he was dominating!? And he did not just dominate Seton Hall.

UConn was #1 for awhile, so it was not just one team. I bet there are more players who will light up Blair in the Pro's then there are guys who will run over Thabeet.

You take Blair and I take Thabeet and I bet I beat your team every time...Ok, atleast 8 out of 10 times.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#14 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:45 am

LUKE23 wrote:I think Thabeet can be a dominant rebounder/shotblocker in the NBA within a few years. I don't see him ever being that great of an offensive player. He's shown that more physical players can buly him defensively, and he'll be seeing that every night in the pros.
Excuse me...

Who bullies Thabeet? It is funny how some of you can see glaring holes in one man's game where there is none, and overlook them in another players (Sessions) when there are many.

Who bullies Thabeet? No one. He is a dominating force in the middle. There will be some matchups where he is overpowered somewhat...just like Kareem had his daunting tasks as well.

Thabeet is a guy you can work with because he has great defensive instincts and great footwork. The physicality part will come when he grows into his body and learns himself better.

The wingspan, the lateral quickness and reflecive instincts or knowing where and when the shot is going up and how to time it on the release is a gift.

The Pro game will actually be more easy for him then the college game will be for him and his skill.
Many of you are one game wonders. . . someone has a great game and all of a sudden they are the flavor of the week.

Let me go look at the game for myself instead of clips and I will come back later with a full report on what I saw...brb... :thinking:
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#15 » by El Duderino » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 am

LUKE23 wrote:I think Thabeet can be a dominant rebounder/shotblocker in the NBA within a few years. I don't see him ever being that great of an offensive player. He's shown that more physical players can buly him defensively, and he'll be seeing that every night in the pros.

If i'm not mistaken, Thabeet hasn't been playing basketball all that long, so it should be no surprise that he's far from being a polished player. I also doubt that he'll ever be a really good offensive player, but with time, you hope he turns out to be something like a Mutombo. I'm not sure he'll become as great of a rebounder as Mutombo was, but Thabeet sure does seem to have the natural shot blocking instincts that Mutombo had.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User

Post#16 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:05 am

Wait just a minute....

I just came back from watching this game to see what all of you see and at the 16:45 mark in the first half, I just watch DeJuan Blair almost take off and break Thabeet's arm!

What the hell was that? Now everything I see from here on out, is meaningless from Blair. That was a dirty ass play!

Why did he grab the man's arm and throw him down like that over his shoulder like he was a bale of hay? Let his arm go man!

That was a lowdown streetball move...well after that, of course you are gonna be shaken up if you are Thabeet. There went his career right before his eyes!

None of you mention this part of the game...From this point on in the game I will disregard anything Blair does and put it down as a fluke...

That was something Charles Oakley would do...that is all Blair will be is a Reggie Evans clone.
emunney
RealGM

Post#17 » by emunney » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 am

Don't be a baby, MBBOT. That's called securing the ball.
emunney
RealGM

Post#18 » by emunney » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 am

This is what happens when you attempt a rebound against DeJuan Blair.

This is also what happens:

Blair: 23 rebounds
Thabeet: 4 rebounds
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#19 » by upnorthfan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:37 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:LOL @ your "top 5 NBA center" ... he just got ABUSED by my Dejuan Blair... 20 and 20 for Blair and 5 points and 3 rebounds? and 2 blocks for Thabeet?! :lol:

Just thought this would quite the hype alittle bit that Thabeet is overrated.

Yeah he can dominate a terrible Seton Hall team with garbage big men but when he's up against a real talent like Blair he gets owned!

What do you think will happen if UCONN plays Oklahoma? Blake Griffin will make Thabeet look like a child worse than Blair did and this dude is better than Bogut?

In the 2 years at Utah, I never seen or heard of Bogut play like this against "good" competition.

Who was it that said they would trade the farm for Thabeet to make him a Buck? I sure hope after watching this game tonite you will value having a player like Bogut over an overrated prospect like Thabeet.

Blair is a stud. I would welcome Thabeet on our roster next year.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 am

dont get me wrong I would welcome Thabeet as a draft selection but people on here are saying that would trade Bogut and anything else to get him... I think that is extremely foolish.

Blair being a Reggie Evans clone is foolish as well.

Blair at 19 years old has the strength and physical tools right now to come into the NBA and compete on a high level. This whole entire season he has proved that. There is no inconsistancy what so ever with Blair.

Everyone agrees that Thabeet is a project. Blair will help any NBA team he plays for from day 1.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks