ImageImage

I need to say sorry to Charlie Bell

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

CBUCK06
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

I need to say sorry to Charlie Bell 

Post#1 » by CBUCK06 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 am

Seriously, I was upset with his performance. But now that he's gotten healthier (I beat he used this break well), I think the following.

-This "Spart-dog" [as Steve Smith would say] is all heart. He can swing to the 2, 1 and 3.
-He was the one covering TJ Ford the other night and always gives great effort.
-Our last GM ticked him off and it took awhile for him to get over it.
-Although he's locked in for 3 more years after this one, he's a great value and great team player.

Regardless of what happens with Sessions, CV our 09 1st; I'm glad that he is here. Who would not take C-Bell over Maxx right now?
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Re: I need to say sorry to Charlie Bell 

Post#2 » by htr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 am

I agree CBUCK....no reason he can't be a top bench guy for us for the next three years. I think people are just fine with Bell and his contract, except for the fact that we need to get rid of salary for an ending contract SOMEHOW to be able to resign Sesh, CV, and keep our first. Yeah we'd love others first, but somehow we have to dump a contract or two. I'd love to be able to dump numerous others and keep Bell as a part of our rotation for a few more years.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#3 » by Bernman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:06 am

I want to formally apologize on ReddBogutCharlieV's behalf for calling Charlie an idiot just because of one bad decision he made earlier in the season. Charlie, he's truly sorry and didn't mean it. We all hope you come home.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#4 » by Mags FTW » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 am

I'll only apologize to him in person at a pizza party.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#5 » by aboveAverage » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:17 am

Charlie Bell is the best player to ever play the game.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#6 » by bigkurty » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:32 am

aboveAverage wrote:Charlie Bell is the best player to ever play the game.

Besides Ramon of course.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#7 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 am

CBUCK06 wrote:-Our last GM ticked him off and it took awhile for him to get over it.

No, Charlie Bell was not ticked off at Harris. Harris didn't handle those negotiations. Bell was ticked off at Senator Kohl and The Committee. Bell admitted as much to this board in a perhaps too candid Q&A session :)

The first contract offer Bell received as a FA was from Senator Kohl personally, and that's what started everything. Amazingly, The Committee seemed to make things even worse.

Even though things were botched severely on our end, that was no excuse for Bell to react the way he did. The idea that he couldn't work out after the 06-07 season to keep himself in proper shape and condition because of his pending free agency was an absurd and asinine notion that severely impacted Bell's on court performance and I would say he has only recently finally recovered from that physically (lack of conditioning contributed to a domino effect of injuries that have been hampering him ever since). Those things were terrible behavior/decisions on his part, and it's clear to me he had realized that finally by last spring.

All that said, I do really like a healthy Bell who has a proper mindset. I think he's had the proper mindset since last spring, and now he finally has the proper health as well. Therefore, I absolutely am in favor of Charlie Bell remaining a Buck. He can easily become a fan favorite again, particularly when it comes to THIS fan. He's so close, he might be there already, and if not, my money would be by the end of next week Bell will have returned to that status.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:45 am

Charlie Bell is a quality bench player when he is 90-100% healthy. Unfortunately, he hasn't been very healthy these last few seasons.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#9 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:58 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
Even though things were botched severely on our end, that was no excuse for Bell to react the way he did. The idea that he couldn't work out after the 06-07 season to keep himself in proper shape and condition because of his pending free agency was an absurd and asinine notion that severely impacted Bell's on court performance and I would say he has only recently finally recovered from that physically (lack of conditioning contributed to a domino effect of injuries that have been hampering him ever since). Those things were terrible behavior/decisions on his part, and it's clear to me he had realized that finally by last spring.

Memo to CV and Sessions - don't sit around this summer suffering and obsessing over things that are outside of your control.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by JoeHova » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 am

Why would you ever apologize to a guy who dogged his way through an entire season for your favorite team, especially when it was a season prior to which he became a multi-millionaire? Bell should apologize to the fans who have to pay his undeserved and unearned salary for another 3 years. He's free to dog it if he wants, considering his contract is guaranteed, but I'm free to think he's an unprincipled scumbag pussy. If I was Herb, after the pathetic display Bell put on last season, I would have instructed Skiles to issue Charlie 328 consecutive DNP-CDs for the duration of his contract. No cutting him and letting him sign with some other team, he would get the playing time he earned, which is none.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#11 » by paul » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 pm

JoeHova wrote:Why would you ever apologize to a guy who dogged his way through an entire season for your favorite team, especially when it was a season prior to which he became a multi-millionaire? Bell should apologize to the fans who have to pay his undeserved and unearned salary for another 3 years. He's free to dog it if he wants, considering his contract is guaranteed, but I'm free to think he's an unprincipled scumbag pussy. If I was Herb, after the pathetic display Bell put on last season, I would have instructed Skiles to issue Charlie 328 consecutive DNP-CDs for the duration of his contract. No cutting him and letting him sign with some other team, he would get the playing time he earned, which is none.

Principles are one thing, paying a guy $12m for 328 consecutive DNP-CD's is beyond stupidity. What can I say, I'm glad you're not Herb :wink:

That was so far over the top Reinhold Messner wouldn't find it.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by JoeHova » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm

paul wrote:Principles are one thing, paying a guy $12m for 328 consecutive DNP-CD's is beyond stupidity. What can I say, I'm glad you're not Herb :wink:

Plenty of teams have payed plenty of players quite a bit more than that to not play for them. The Knicks have payed Marbury more than that already and it's only been a little more than half a season. The Blazers payed Steve Francis more than $30 million to not play for them. And so on.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#13 » by paul » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:38 pm

JoeHova wrote:
paul wrote:Principles are one thing, paying a guy $12m for 328 consecutive DNP-CD's is beyond stupidity. What can I say, I'm glad you're not Herb :wink:

Plenty of teams have payed plenty of players quite a bit more than that to not play for them. The Knicks have payed Marbury more than that already and it's only been a little more than half a season. The Blazers payed Steve Francis more than $30 million to not play for them. And so on.

The Knicks were paying Marbury not to play until they figured out a way to get him off their team so that they could stop paying him, complicated by the enourmous amount of money he was owed. That is not even close to what you were suggesting Herb should do, not that we should be trying to emulate any of the recent history of the Knicks anyway.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#14 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm sorry CB, but I think you still owe us a pizza party!
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#15 » by Cold Crush 24 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

I would like to say sorry to C. Bell for what I said I would do to his wife after seeing her on myspace. A man should not say such things about another mans wife.
Finals in 2017
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#16 » by upnorthfan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:04 pm

I called Bell a scrub and I am not apologizing for it, because when I said that, he was playing like one, and pouting like a whiney little a$$hole baby.

Now these last few games he has made a diference and seems to be closer to the player he was his first year with Milwaukee, which is a player we all loved.

So no, if he continues to play like this, I will tip my hat to him, but to apologize? No. He deserved the criticism, as now he deserves some acolades.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#17 » by Rockmaninoff » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Chuck Buck has always been cool with me.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks