Build/Map your 2009/2010 Bucks and beyond

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Re: Build/Map your 2009/2010 Bucks and beyond 

Post#61 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 am

Ridnour and our second rounder to Houston for Landry (if possible at all, if Lowry fumbles at PG)

Potsie, our #1 and Gadz to Minnesota, assuming Minnesota can absorb salary.

Somewhere we need to find a backup PG in that scenario.

Maybe pipe dreams again.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#62 » by Ayt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 am

steger_3434 wrote:I'm caught up right now with going with Ridnour, JA, and our first to OKC in a salary dump. If I'm not mistaken they're under the cap right? Trade a second round pick then, or whatever it takes.

Some may seem this as a lot to give up, but losing Ridnour is not big loss. To me losing JA isn't a big loss either. Basically you could look at it as trading JA and our 1st for CV. Who wouldn't do that trade?

I don't see any reason they'd want to do that. Yes, they get a 1st, but if they really want one they can very likely buy one for $3 million this offseason. Plus, they already have 5-6 of them in the next few years. They have no use for Ridnour with Westbrook starting and Watson backing him up, and who knows what they think of JA. They already have SFs in Durant, Sefalosha, and Green.

They can most likely use the room they have under the cap to find something better than what we can offer.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#63 » by Ayt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:52 am

Unless we are trading a team a fairly high lotto pick, I don't think our 1st has as much value as it might in previous seasons. With more teams being crunched by the luxury cap, a lot more team are going to be looking to dump 1st rounders because of the guaranteed contracts they get. Why take on Gadz or Ridnour's salary to buy a 1st and JA when you can save the money and buy a couple 1st rounders for less than you'd be paying those guys?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks