Cavs at Bucks Postgame

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,285

Re: Cavs at Bucks Postgame 

Post#81 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 am

Max Green wrote:Whats up with the Cav's 3pt % tonight PP?

Your right. Even Redd couldn't have stopped those 3's from LeBron tonight.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Big Mokeski
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#82 » by Big Mokeski » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:21 am

emunney wrote:
adamcz wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Everyone thinks everyone elses announcers are horrible homers.

Nope, just Boston and Cleveland.

I like New York, Orlando, and a bunch of others that I can't remember off hand. Only those two stick out as over the top bad though.

I remember Denver being terrible and not because of crazy homer-goggles. I like Indy's team. NY and NJ are solid.

Quinn Buckner (Indy) can get kind of annoying, too. Not like the CavsClowns, or like Heinsohn, but pretty annoying.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#83 » by Mags FTW » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:27 am

Bernman wrote:Where's Dan from New Berlin devising plans on how the Bucks can still free space under the luxury tax this summer to re-sign Sessions and Villanueva? I always hear about how Dan regularly makes calls into Sparky's show, but I've yet to have the pleasure of hearing one.

He was at the game. If the post-game isn't at Fitzgibbon's or Bootlegger's, you won't be hearing from him tonight. On occasion they let him have a headset if he's at at remote post-game show.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#84 » by oshmeehan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:28 am

Bernman wrote:Where's Dan from New Berlin devising plans on how the Bucks can still free space under the luxury tax this summer to re-sign Sessions and Villanueva? I always hear about how Dan regularly makes calls into Sparky's show, but I've yet to have the pleasure of hearing one.

All you gotta do is call up 1250 and just say your name is "Dan from New Berlin" and you'll automatically get on. He's on EVERY postgame show. So either there are only a dozen people that ever call in or just cause he's "Dan from New Berlin" he can get on whenever he wants
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#85 » by jerrod » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:35 am

i just got done watching this, i was actually at buffalo wild wing's but i made sure i sat facing away from the game because i wanted to be able to focus on it when i got home. pretty entertaining.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#86 » by jerrod » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:41 am

MajorDad wrote:I agree with paul. it's time some of you get over this losing CV for nothing stuff and start getting on with the rest of your life. That same sob story finds it way into every single thread including every game thread.

it's a bucks message board, that's the biggest storyline involving the milwaukee bucks now and for the next 4 months. we should ignore it?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#87 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:45 am

I'm not as worried as some of you guys on CV leaving. We've got two cosmic truths colliding.

a) Kohl has never paid the luxury tax

b) Kohl has never let a player he likes leave via free agency

This will all come down to the type of offers CV gets. I think these guys figure they'll get him cheap and worry about minimizing luxury tax issues over the summer.

But first I think they want to see if CV is for real over the last third of the season. Tonight was a good start.

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#88 » by rilamann » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:51 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
a) Kohl has never paid the luxury tax

What about in 2001'02 when we had like the 3rd highest payroll in the league?
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#89 » by emunney » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:52 am

For some reason I thought Kohl did pay the luxury tax in 01-02.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#90 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:52 am

rilamann wrote:[

We traded Scott Williams that year to avoid it I think.

emunney
RealGM

Post#91 » by emunney » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am

Again, for most of us, it's not about losing CV for nothing. It's about the incredible lack of options we're looking at, and the looming and increased likelihood that we're going to be doing nothing but watching good players sign for below what has been the established market value as we trade our first round draft choice straight up for a 2nd round draft choice.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#92 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 am

emunney wrote:It's about the incredible lack of options we're looking at.

Trust me. I'm ticked off royally about it as you know from my past months of Redd tirades. I just think that somehow, someway CV specifically will stay here.

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#93 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 am

Well, they are going to keep Sessions. I just don't see how they keep CV. Ridnour and our first to a team that can absorb salary is about all I can see.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#94 » by rilamann » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:02 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
rilamann wrote:[

We traded Scott Williams that year to avoid it I think.

Scott Williams was traded to clear room to sign Mase as a free agent.

Im not a cap expert and I dont recall if Kohl actually did pay the luxry tax but common sense says he must have because you had Big Dog,Ray,Sam,TT,Mase,Caffey all under contract.

With all 6 of those guys making big $$$ he had to have been paying the luxry tax that year and probably 2003 as well.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
emunney
RealGM

Post#95 » by emunney » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:03 am

Did some research and found that NOBODY paid the tax in 01-02 due to the fact that total league salaries didn't exceed 61.1% of total basketball related income.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 am

rilamann wrote:[Scott Williams was traded to clear room to sign Mase as a free agent.l.

Nope. Mason was a free agent we signed with the MLE.

Grunfeld specifically made that 3-way trade to send out Scott Williams and his one year left at $5 million to avoid any luxury tax issues. And of course we had to send out our #1 to do that (pick 18) which turned into Josh Smith.

emunney
RealGM

Post#97 » by emunney » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:It's about the incredible lack of options we're looking at.

Trust me. I'm ticked off royally about it as you know from my past months of Redd tirades. I just think that somehow, someway CV specifically will stay here.

And you know I've got to be pissed, because I've been calling for law and order all season. I understand that there are times when inaction is the best method, but right now I can't rationalize this as among those times.

If we do keep CV, we better not overpay him.
MzWhitney
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#98 » by MzWhitney » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

Here's some quotes from tonite's game:

When reporters asked Charlie V. about the ejection, this was his reply:

"He got in my face," Villanueva said. "I don't appreciate that. I just don't appreciate people getting in my face. That's all I'm going to say."

Here's Skiles reply:

Said Skiles: "I thought it was the right call because it (Villanueva's shove) was up above the neck. I just hope they'll launch an investigation on the sniper that shot Varejao. I thought there was some acting involved."

Lmao.....Priceless!!! Varejao is a BIG time flopper!!
jebus33
Ballboy

Post#99 » by jebus33 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:07 am

I have been reading all of your posts for a couple of years now but have never felt the need to post until now, but after reading over and over again that the team will not be able to sign CV or the draft pick I feel the need to express my opinion.

The luxury tax is not set on the opening day roster of a team. There is no reason why Hammond can't sign Sessions, CV and the draft pick if that is what he chooses to do. If when the deadline approaches next year and the team is sitting at 4 or 5 in the east maybe Kohl would be willing to pay the tax. If the team is not performing up to expectations he can dump salary and get under the tax. I don't understand why you guys are so eager to dump Jefferson when it wasn't needed, why are you guys so eager to get raped by portland or even worse cleveland? Next year of course we may have to bend over and take any crap deal offered but not this year.

The reality is when Hammond took over he had 2 choices, blow it up or begin to build a winning team and a winning culture until the bad contracts on the roster expire. I know you all say no free agents will go to Mil but there is a much greater chance for a playoff team with a positive culture to get a player than a team that has been in the lottery 5 years in a row and a losing culture that will take years fix.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#100 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:10 am

Here's the 2001 MJS story on dumping Scott Williams to stay under the luxury tax....

http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oc ... 102301.asp

Sad to read as we know how signing Mason and trading Scott Williams worked out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks