ImageImage

Sessions Minutes.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Should Sessions play the majority of the minutes at PG?

Yes
73%
No
13%
Gill is the future.
13%

Total votes: 45

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Sessions Minutes. 

Post#1 » by msiris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:42 am

Tonight Session only played 22 minutes. This guy's contract is up and I would like to see if he truly is our PG of the future. Last year some people said his performance did not matter, because it was done in meaningless games. Now we still have a shot at the 8th seed and what a better time than now to see what he's got. How can you properly evaluate his performance and pay him accordingly. What do we have to lose?
Ride the tank
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Re: Sessions Minutes. 

Post#2 » by Ayt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:44 am

I'm guessing he'll go back to getting yanked regularly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridnour starts again within a few games.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 am

Ridnour is Skiles guy. He just is.

I'm just hoping we don't "stash" Ramon like we tried to do with ZaZa in 2005. I could see the guys at the roundtable last week saying to themselves "If we keep Ridnour, that will really dampen Ramon's stats so he doesn't get all sorts of garbage stats to take into free agency with him. Maybe other teams will think he's merely a Tony Delk or Flip Murray type and not pursue him."

I'd much prefer though to see Sessions get tons of minutes down the stretch.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM

Post#4 » by msiris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:51 am

Ayt wrote:I'm guessing he'll go back to getting yanked regularly. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ridnour starts again within a few games.
The problem I have with that is that it tends to kill confidence and it's harder to develop that way.
One day they say Sessions is our man than he is back on the bench most of the game.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#5 » by msiris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Ridnour is Skiles guy. He just is.

I'm just hoping we don't "stash" Ramon like we tried to do with ZaZa in 2005. I could see the guys at the roundtable last week saying to themselves "If we keep Ridnour, that will really dampen Ramon's stats so he doesn't get all sorts of garbage stats to take into free agency with him. Maybe other teams will think he's merely a Tony Delk or Flip Murray type and not pursue him."

And if they think that they are pretty stupid. Everybody knows what he can do. They are not fooling anybody.
Ride the tank
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 am

If Sessions protects the ball and does what Skiles asks of him the minutes will be his. He got a little sloppy with the ball and committed two quick fouls which was the reason he got yanked tonight. I have no problem with it. Play well or don't play. That's the message Skiles has sent to the team since day one. Why are some of you questioning him now?
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#7 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:01 am

You really just have to remove Ridnour from the lineup in order for Skiles not to play him more. It's like he can't help himself. 22 min is a joke, especially with Luke getting 33min. Ramon's minutes will get dicked around for the rest of the season just like they did earlier this year and we all know how that turned out.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#8 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

I truly think we've got a Bulls style Skile-ism going on here. Where all those Bulls fans complained that young guys like Tyrus Thomas got no playing time because Skiles favored consistent (but mediocre) veterans like Malik Allen.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msiris
RealGM

Post#9 » by msiris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:10 am

aaprigs311 wrote: Why are some of you questioning him now?
Because it does not matter now. You did not see him yanking Sessions when Luke was out. He had Gill. :D You do not see Rose getting yanked when he makes mistakes. Luke does not give us a better chance to win, therefore just stick with Sessions. If Sessions keeps on making the same mistakes over and over than he really is not our future PG.
Than I would rather keep CV. I just want to find out and what better way than just letting him play it out.
Ride the tank
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#10 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:29 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Ridnour is Skiles guy. He just is.

I keep telling you Sessions is a scrub! But you won't listen! He is not worth us paying! Charlie V after tonite is...
I would have given Sessions to Portland if they wanted him. He is not the type of point guard to use in Skiles system.

But I only would have taken J. Bayless back and thrown in J. Alexander and or a 2nd round pick.

I would pay Charlie V and take my chances that he will not regress and get rid of Bogut, Redd and Sessions and keep Richard Jefferson.
I would get a defensive minded Center like Delembert and draft Thabeet and Meeks and be done with it!
Bogut won't stay every stay healthy and has abnormal growth issues. He is a bigger risk then Charlie.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#11 » by icat2000 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 am

Sessions was sloppy with the ball tonight in the second half. Skiles had little choice but to pull him and put Steady Luke in. I'm all for giving Sessions minutes, but not to play Sessions for the sake of it!
Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Post#12 » by Octopus Jonny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:53 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I keep telling you Sessions is a scrub! But you won't listen! He is not worth us paying! Charlie V after tonite is...
I would have given Sessions to Portland if they wanted him. He is not the type of point guard to use in Skiles system.

But I only would have taken J. Bayless back and thrown in J. Alexander and or a 2nd round pick.

I would pay Charlie V and take my chances that he will not regress and get rid of Bogut, Redd and Sessions and keep Richard Jefferson.
I would get a defensive minded Center like Delembert and draft Thabeet and Meeks and be done with it!
Bogut won't stay every stay healthy and has abnormal growth issues. He is a bigger risk then Charlie.

Sessions, a scrub? Get rid of Bogut for Dalembert?

We are so lucky to have John Hammond and not this clown.

I think Sessions should get 30+ a night for the rest of the season unless he's playing like total garbage.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#13 » by lawrybeard » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:54 am

Ridnour is a much, much better point guard. Sessions is more effective as a 2 guard than point.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#14 » by old skool » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am

Sessions was getting destroyed when sKiles took him out in the second half. Sessions was playing too helter skelter and the Bucks offense was the worse for it.

Ridnour played much tougher defense than did Sessions. He was pressuring the Cav's, creating turnovers and slowing down the Cav's offense. Unfortunately, with his thumb wrapped up like a half pound bratwurst, his shot had zero touch.

When Lebron came out firing in the third quarter, Ramon's sloppy ball handling helped Cleveland build their momentum even more.

I trust in sKiles. Let him use the bench as a teaching tool for young NBA players like Sessions. Giving Sessions a healthy dose of playing time when he is sloppy with the ball, is not the way to change the Bucks' culture.

oLd sKool
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:13 am

And MBBOT never called Sessions a scrub. He called him a scub. So stop lying MBBOT.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#16 » by paul » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:35 am

old skool wrote:Sessions was getting destroyed when sKiles took him out in the second half. Sessions was playing too helter skelter and the Bucks offense was the worse for it.

Ridnour played much tougher defense than did Sessions. He was pressuring the Cav's, creating turnovers and slowing down the Cav's offense. Unfortunately, with his thumb wrapped up like a half pound bratwurst, his shot had zero touch.

When Lebron came out firing in the third quarter, Ramon's sloppy ball handling helped Cleveland build their momentum even more.

I trust in sKiles. Let him use the bench as a teaching tool for young NBA players like Sessions. Giving Sessions a healthy dose of playing time when he is sloppy with the ball, is not the way to change the Bucks' culture.

oLd sKool

Spot on.
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#17 » by braindazer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:55 am

+1
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#18 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:56 am

theirs a reason the head coach prefers luke , sessions is terrible as a pg and doesnt do alot of the finer things . he pounds the dribble , and dominates the ball to much .

if not that , then why ?

ohh wait , its because skiles doesnt know this game and Ridnour is " SKILES GUY " :lol:

Imagine if their was a game beyond the box score . Imagine if your pg refuses to let the ball move .

Ridnour gives up the ball and moves defenders . Ya know , motion offense ? Pass and cut ? not just stand their dribbling in circles for 16 of the 24 . If the bucks first look isnt there , ridnour doesnt just pound the dribble waiting for someone to move . Ridnour gives it up , and moves bodys himself . That is precisley why this staff prefers and has prefered Ridnour all year long .

Ridnour imo , is not the answer for this team long term at the pg spot . I think he is very steady and i think you could build a winnning team with him as the pg , but i think the bucks can and will do better at that position in time ( just the law of averages ) .. But imo , sessions without a doubt isnt that player , and it appears that skiles thinks the same way . I dont mind keeping sessions on for his ability to score at the 2 spot and back up the 1 ( great utility guy ) but starting pg ?

FUTURE PG ? :lol: No thanks , and im glad skiles agrees , its really not hard to see .
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 880

Post#19 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:32 pm

I do think Ridnour was playing better than Sessions last night.

However if I was the coach the minutes would have been reversed. We know what we have in Ridnour he is not going to be any better than he is, Sessions on the other hand still has a ton of potential and we need to give him some pt to develop. It goes back to the win now (play Ridnour more cause he was playing better) or the develop for the future (let Sessions get the burn he needs and live with the mistakes as they are part of the developing process) Young guys need time to develop.

If this is how it is going to be for the rest of the season and for other younger players as well I can see why Skiles lost his players in Chi.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#20 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Agreed. I'm all for giving Sessions plenty of minutes. But when he's sucking he should sit. Like last night.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks