ImageImage

Sessions Minutes.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Should Sessions play the majority of the minutes at PG?

Yes
73%
No
13%
Gill is the future.
13%

Total votes: 45

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Re: Sessions Minutes. 

Post#81 » by Ayt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 pm

I wasn't only talking about the Cleveland game, europa. Overall, I'm thinking you'd agree that Skiles is up there with anyone currently coaching when it comes to how soon he'll pull a guy if he doesn't think he's playing the way Skiles wants him to play. He'll even pull all 5 guys if he's not happy. You agree with his approach whole heartedly. I also think it can be a good way to handle players, but I also think Skiles is at times too strict about it. Having watched a ton of Bulls games when he was there, I certainly don't expect him to change.

I think it is something to think about going forward. When our backcourt has been healthy, Sessions minutes have been limited unless he's having an awesome game. If Redd and Ridnour had been healthy all year, how much would Sessions have even played this year? He went from being inactive, to averaging 16-6-4 and being one of our top players in November. He then went from having sporadic minutes off the bench to blowing the **** up when Ridnour got hurt. He's very likely going to go back to having sporadic minutes, only playing big minutes when he's having a truly stellar game.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#82 » by europa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Skiles isn't a pushover but I think that's exactly what this team needs. Far too often the past two seasons poor play and indifferent play was rewarded with big minutes. I wanted to see that squashed and I think Skiles has done that. I agree his approach isn't for everyone but I think it's precisely what this Bucks team needs. This is a big part of the culture of change that I believe was vital and necessary after the past two seasons. If Sessions is too mentally soft to handle it, then he isn't the player you and I believe he can be. But if he is the player you and I both like, then I think he'll learn from what happened Friday night just like Bogut, Redd, RJ, Villanueva and Ridnour learned from their benchings this season.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#83 » by europa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:22 pm

So far, he's responding nicely.

8 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal in the first six minutes.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,723

Post#84 » by msiris » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

europa wrote:So far, he's responding nicely.

Thats because he does not have to worry about Luke coming off the bench. :D
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,494

Post#85 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:35 am

So Sessions is playing well and get plenty of minutes. The most on the team tonight. Imagine that. Gee I thought Skiles hated him...
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
europa
RealGM

Post#86 » by europa » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 am

msiris wrote:
europa wrote:So far, he's responding nicely.

Thats because he does not have to worry about Luke coming off the bench. :D

Ridnour came off the bench tonight, Mike. Sessions is playing great and getting his minutes. It's pretty simple. :)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#87 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:41 am

Now tonights bitching about Skiles can concern CV and how he would suck in the second half because he sat too long in the first half :)
Ayt
RealGM

Post#88 » by Ayt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:45 am

MickeyDavis wrote:So Sessions is playing well and get plenty of minutes. The most on the team tonight. Imagine that. Gee I thought Skiles hated him...

Don't make it into strawman. No one said Skiles hated Sessions. The point I was making is that he only plays big minutes when he's having a very good game. If he's merely having an average game, he's not really allowed to play out of it because Skiles will bench him for Ridnour. Hopefully he keeps playing at an All-Star level so he can get big minutes, but he shouldn't really have to have a huge night to get 30+ minutes a night.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#89 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:01 am

My post wasn't for you Ayt but for the many over reactors in this, and many other threads.
Ayt
RealGM

Post#90 » by Ayt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:14 am

MickeyDavis wrote:My post wasn't for you Ayt but for the many over reactors in this, and many other threads.

Ah, okay. You will agree he hates CV though, right? :D
europa
RealGM

Post#91 » by europa » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:15 am

I don't think Sessions needs to play like an All Star in order to get minutes. I think it's more that he needs to avoid playing poorly like he did Friday night in order to avoid being benched.
msiris
RealGM

Post#92 » by msiris » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:So Sessions is playing well and get plenty of minutes. The most on the team tonight. Imagine that. Gee I thought Skiles hated him...
This thread was not supposed to be about Skiles. I am glad that Sessions played a lot of minutes tonight. If he can play like this the rest of the year than great. But CV played well also.
What to do come summer? :-?
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#93 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:12 am

Well if we are talking about how many minutes Sessions should get then yes it should be about Skiles since he's the one who decides.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,725

Post#94 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 am

If we are going to make the playoffs Sessions needs 40 minutes a night. Without Ramon's 21 and 8,(which is what he's put up over the last 9 games) we are a crap team.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#95 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:19 pm

This is a Quote from George Karl in the JS:

And so it was when someone asked Karl about Ramon Sessions.

"You've got to tell me about that one," he said. "It seems like they like (Luke) Ridnour better than Sessions. I don't deny that we made inquiries on Sessions (at the trading deadline)."
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#96 » by paul » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:This is a Quote from George Karl in the JS:

And so it was when someone asked Karl about Ramon Sessions.

"You've got to tell me about that one," he said. "It seems like they like (Luke) Ridnour better than Sessions. I don't deny that we made inquiries on Sessions (at the trading deadline)."

Yeah I bet they weren't the only team who were politely told to **** off after enquiring about Ramon.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#97 » by crkone » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Woeffel said last night that Karl actually brought up Sessions a few times during his interviews, and Karl was amazed that the Bucks seem to like Ridnour more than Sessions.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#98 » by paul » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:42 pm

crkone wrote:Woeffel said last night that Karl actually brought up Sessions a few times during his interviews, and Karl was amazed that the Bucks seem to like Ridnour more than Sessions.

Then George should mind his own business :D

He should know better than anyone how inconsistent (virtual) rookies can be and how helpful it can be to have a veteran you can rely on when the need arises.
msiris
RealGM

Post#99 » by msiris » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Well if we are talking about how many minutes Sessions should get then yes it should be about Skiles since he's the one who decides.
And if you saw my very first post I stated my reason behind it along all my other post in this thread. Right now this is an evaluation period for 2 guys who contracts are up and this team cap wise really tied up at the moment. Its like Skiles has two jobs right now. Coaching to win and evaluating these two young guys. It would look really bad if we screw this up. I do not think I am over reacting. I like Skiles. :D
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM

Post#100 » by msiris » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 pm

paul wrote:
crkone wrote:Woeffel said last night that Karl actually brought up Sessions a few times during his interviews, and Karl was amazed that the Bucks seem to like Ridnour more than Sessions.

Then George should mind his own business :D

He should know better than anyone how inconsistent (virtual) rookies can be and how helpful it can be to have a veteran you can rely on when the need arises.
:lol: It's nice to have a good solid back-up, but down the road we can not afford to have two guys well paid at one position. If you look at all the good teams most of starters are playing the majority of the minutes. If a player is inconsistent than is he your future? Nope. If there is an opportunity to upgrade that position you do it.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks