ImageImage

Any word on CV's probable suspension?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Any word on CV's probable suspension? 

Post#1 » by Duncanfan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:14 am

Just wanted to see if there's any indication of whether the league is looking into suspending him or not? Anyone heard anything?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: Any word on CV's probable suspension? 

Post#2 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 am

Check the JS in 3 months.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm

The league office is closed over the weekend. First they'll review the tape, read the report the officials file and then make a decision. It will likely take effect for the Dallas game on Wednesday.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 pm

If Zach Randolph only got two games last week for punching Amundson in the face, I don't expect any punishment for CV. Then again we're dealing with Stern. AV should get fined for flopping to the ground like a dildo if anything. Had he not flopped none of this would have happened.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#5 » by emunney » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:01 pm

He'll get a game or two. I imagine the league frowns on choking facsimiles, even though Z initiated the contact.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
apdamico
Senior

Post#6 » by apdamico » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Even Anderson knew he flopped. You could tell by his look and reaction when Big Z went after CV. I know CV grabbed Z around the throat and that may be the reason he gets a 1-game suspension. Then again if Z never came after him in the first place nothing else would have transpired from the foul call. The simply fact that Z was originally tossed before the tape review and then left on the court to continue, likely means a 1-game suspension for CV for the throat grabbing. He could appeal and state he was just protecting himself. I'm just glad to see some fire from CV, so if he get's a game suspension so be it.
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#7 » by aaprigs311 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:19 pm

At least we have Malik Allen in case CV does have to miss a game.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#8 » by JoeHova » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:43 pm

aaprigs311 wrote:At least we have Malik Allen in case CV does have to miss a game.

I know it's in vain but I hope that JA gets the start over Malik if/when CV is suspended. He's as good a rebounder, a much better shot blocker and an all-around better player.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#9 » by europa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:44 pm

JoeHova wrote:
aaprigs311 wrote:At least we have Malik Allen in case CV does have to miss a game.

I know it's in vain but I hope that JA gets the start over Malik if/when CV is suspended. He's as good a rebounder, a much better shot blocker and an all-around better player.

I'd guess Sessions and Ridnour would start in the backcourt with M&M moving back to PF.
Nothing will not break me.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#10 » by JoeHova » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:22 pm

europa wrote:
JoeHova wrote:

I'd guess Sessions and Ridnour would start in the backcourt with M&M moving back to PF.

Good call, forgot Luke was back. Still, I hope Alexander gets minutes before Allen does in whichever game(s) CV has to miss.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
apdamico
Senior

Post#11 » by apdamico » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:37 am

europa wrote:
JoeHova wrote:

Looks like Alexander is indeed getting some time in games now. Guess we better see what the kid has since he'll likely need to fill a larger role next season, if not traded over the summer.
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#12 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:37 am

Yes too bad we don't have Antonie Walker who I suggested to get two weeks ago and was laughed out of this room, and now he is getting a look see with Toronto as we speak...

You will learn to think about heeding some of the nonsense I share at the risk of being wrong...trust me.

Bring in Walker.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,158

Post#13 » by jokeboy86 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:19 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Yes too bad we don't have Antonie Walker who I suggested to get two weeks ago and was laughed out of this room, and now he is getting a look see with Toronto as we speak...

You will learn to think about heeding some of the nonsense I share at the risk of being wrong...trust me.

Bring in Walker.

The prosecution rests.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks