ImageImage

Grade the first 1/3 of Bogut's career

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Re: Grade the first 1/3 of Bogut's career 

Post#121 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 6:55 pm

CBQ, you made an false assumption that lumped a large group of people on this board into a position that you made up in your mind.

I don't feel bad that someone challenged that.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#122 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:25 pm

midranger wrote:CBQ, you made an false assumption that lumped a large group of people on this board into a position that you made up in your mind.

I don't feel bad that someone challenged that.

I'm glad you appreciate the challenge but as I stated in a prior post I did not make a statement of fact and my generalizations were no more broad or over reaching than those of the individual who chose to make it a topic of discussion. I haven't been on the boards.. so I guessed that was what I would find if I went back and read going back for an extended period of time. I never said that was exactly what was stated.. and really I don't think it's that big of a deal. It really wasn't worthy of a challenge in my opinion because I didn't state anything as an absolute. It's pretty trivial and petty if you ask me, but too each his own I guess.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#123 » by Sigra » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:33 pm

CBQ,

There are many of us who support you and I just want you to know that. Many of us are sick and tired of this same group of huligans who atack good posters and make this board worse with every new day. Their persistant negativity toward Bucks and everybody who support Bucks, their clear joy when Bucks lose game because they think that is proff for their "I told you so" rants, their boring repetition of same points time and time again.... It is not strange that good posters like you and europa are not so regular as you used to be. It is sad to see that especially at this time when our team finally have strong leadership and good direction. Just want to tell you that you are not alone and many of us understand your fight with this criminal group.
midranger
RealGM

Post#124 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:38 pm

A statement of admitted ignorance makes it no less ignorant. Basing your "guesses" about a group of people different than you based on nothing but your assumption of the worst in those individuals, is a problem.

This is a Bucks Message Board, people's opinion about the Bucks matter to them. They spend hours of their time thinking about them and posting them here. It may seem trivial to you (though with 12,613 posts how could it?) but this isn't real life. Here, all that matters is your opinions on the Bucks. Not race, not gender, not wealth. It's why people will waste hours digging up old threads to prove themselves right or others wrong. That's why when someone like you returns and make an admittedly ignorant generalization about those opinions here, people may get irritated or angry.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#125 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks Sigra... I appreciate your post. Right now the team isn't perfect and there are more pieces needed and some pieces that need to be moved but I recognize everything will happen in time. The most important thing right now is that we continue to make every effort to play competitive basketball and we are doing that. If this was years past, many of these games would have been long lost and there would have been times where I questioned the heart of the players (individually and as a group), organization and all of its management. But we can't say that now... the effort is there even if the organization doesn't do everything we want when we want it done. These guys are playing hard out there, and I can appreciate that. I want to see us win, and I know it's a process to get us to the point where we are a consistently a good overall team but I believe with time we can make that happen. I'm willing to be patient for that.. and I just don't have the interest in continually beating the same dead and fossilized horse.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#126 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:51 pm

midranger wrote:A statement of admitted ignorance makes it no less ignorant. Basing your "guesses" about a group of people different than you based on nothing but your assumption of the worst in those individuals, is a problem.

This is a Bucks Message Board, people's opinion about the Bucks matter to them. They spend hours of their time thinking about them and posting them here. It may seem trivial to you (though with 12,613 posts how could it?) but this isn't real life. Here, all that matters is your opinions on the Bucks. Not race, not gender, not wealth. It's why people will waste hours digging up old threads to prove themselves right or others wrong. That's why when someone like you returns and make an admittedly ignorant generalization about those opinions here, people may get irritated or angry.

His opinion matters to him but it doesn't have to matter to me.. just as mines does not have to matter to him. I can't necessarily change anything he believes and he definitely can't change anything that I believe.

I'm happy that you appreciate his post or rather the challenge of my post. I definitely don't have a problem with that. I just felt it was unnecessary because again as was stated by another poster it was a throw away comment that wasn't meant as a statement of fact. Also let's be honest here, there are a number of ignorant statements on this board that are based on a direct lack of knowledge on a whole lot of levels and every one of those posts aren't and don't need to be challenged. Even the statements in the rebuttal post had some ignorance to it because it was based on assumptions that may or may not be true about the Bucks organization we are so enraptured with.. therefore, his challenge was no more appropriate than the post he sought to correct. Most on this board aren't privy to the plan for this organization in the long and/or short term, and the only thing we can do is guesstimate based on what we do believe we know about the subject. Since ignorance abounds.. someone who is equally as ignorant can't really correct someone he believes to be in the same position.

midranger
RealGM

Post#127 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm ignorant to the inner working of the Bucks like 99% of people here, but I'm not ignorant to other poster's opinions about the Bucks, and if I were I wouldn't craft a position to stick people into based on nothing but my preconceived notions.

You made a mistake, and were called on it. Best to say sorry and drop it. YOU were the one in the wrong, how that is hard to see and worth arguing about is beyond me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#128 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:58 pm

midranger wrote:I'm ignorant to the inner working of the Bucks like 99% of people here, but I'm not ignorant to other poster's opinions about the Bucks, and if I were I wouldn't craft a position to stick people into based on nothing but my preconceived notions.

You made a mistake, and were called on it. Best to say sorry and drop it. YOU were the one in the wrong, how that is hard to see and worth arguing about is beyond me.

I didn't make a mistake, I made a statement..whether he or anyone else liked that statement or not really isn't relevant. It didn't need to be corrected because I wasn't crafting some argument about how all the posters on this board were doing X, Y or Z.. I made a throw away comment that you and Luke didn't agree with. Okay.. so what? I really don't get why that statement was more worthy of a response than the 1000's of others that were and are stated similarly on a daily basis. Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge.. but his point was lost based on presentation, that's just the reality.

midranger
RealGM

Post#129 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm pretty aware that the tankers probably aren't happy that it looks like we will make the playoffs.

This is what you said. You were wrong and completely misrepresenting peoples' positions.

Make all the lengthy diatribes you will, it won't change that fact.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#130 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:08 pm

midranger wrote:
I'm pretty aware that the tankers probably aren't happy that it looks like we will make the playoffs.

This is what you said. You were wrong and completely misrepresenting peoples' positions.

Make all the lengthy diatribes you will, it won't change that fact.

I wasn't wrong.. I said they are "probably" not happy. There is no statement of fact ergo no misrepresentation.

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#131 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:09 pm

midranger there would have to be a statement of fact in your comments for it to be anything more than your own "lengthy diatribe."

midranger
RealGM

Post#132 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:10 pm

Wow.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#133 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:11 pm

That's the exact same word I was thinking reading your post. WOW!

midranger
RealGM

Post#134 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:14 pm

Just an example...

If someone says....

"I'm well aware that all African Americans are probably ______insert some ignorant opinion______."

Are they a racist? Or because there is no statement of fact are they absolved?
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#135 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:17 pm

midranger wrote:Just an example...

If someone says....

"I'm well aware that all African Americans are probably ______insert some ignorant opinion______."

Are they a racist? Or because there is no statement of fact are they absolved?

If you wouldn't mind could you change your example... I don't talk race, religion or politics on this board. I will answer another question but not in regards to those topics. Also I know that gives the mods license to shut the thread down, and for those who want to continue talking about Bogut's grade thus far that wouldn't be fair for them.

midranger
RealGM

Post#136 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:19 pm

So you were wrong?

Again, this is a Bucks Board where a person's opinions about the Bucks matter much more than their race, religion, or politics.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#137 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:24 pm

midranger wrote:So you were wrong?

Again, this is a Bucks Board where a person's opinions about the Bucks matter more than their race, religion, or politics.

No, and I fail to see how asking you to adjust your question out of respect for those who may want to get back to the original topic goes anywhere near proving your non-point. ( :lol: I just had to throw that non-point thing in there just for you)

midranger
RealGM

Post#138 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:25 pm

It's your argument. I'm not comfortable with it. You apparently are.

Throw the word "probably" in a any sentence and one can speak with impunity.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#139 » by DH34Phan » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:26 pm

Jon Hammond probably made the right decision picking Joe Alexander.

Don't try to argue me!!!!!!!!!!!
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#140 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:27 pm

midranger wrote:It's your argument. I'm not comfortable with it. You apparently are.

Throw the word "probably" in a any sentence and one can speak with impunity.

Sure, if you say so....

Return to Milwaukee Bucks