ImageImage

Postgame: Nets @ Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Re: Postgame: Nets @ Bucks 

Post#141 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:51 pm

I thought the turning point was the 'Dooling 3 over Ridnour/Ridnour missed floater/Dooling 3 over Ridnour' sequence. Now that floater by Ridnour, THAT was a bad shot. The ball shouldn't have even been in Ridnour's hands. Sessions is the clutch player on the team. And Ridnour's defensive? Well it wasn't at Mike Conley's mythical level (Future All-NBA Defensive Team). It was more like Ramon Sessions' mythical level (God Awful).

I know that Skills and Hammond had a set vision at the beginning of the season with regards to the type of team that they wanted to build. But, something happened along the way.

There are really two teams (identities) that the Bucks have had this season. The first was the Redd/RJ/Bogut 'Big 3', with Ridnour as the 'fit' point guard and LRMAM as the athletic defensive 4. The problem with that team is that Bogut isn't a good enough offensive player. Villanueva is a non factor in that lineup because he doesn't get to be an 'elite scorer'. RJ doesn't look as good.

The other team is Sessions/RJ/Villanueva. This is the real team, the real 'Big 3'. That's with Sessions playing exclusively point guard, with strong, defensive guards next to him. This is also the best fit for Bogut. Redd looks lost in this, because he has to dominate the ball offensively, and Sessions is better at that.

Looking to next year, does Hammond really expect to just let Villanueva walk, and go back to Redd/RJ/Bogut? Does he think Bogut will show up with a jumpshot? Is Ridnour going to be the starting point guard again next season, with Redd back? If that's the case, I don't know if I'll be able to watch and support such an inept decision.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,372

Post#142 » by trwi7 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 1:04 pm

Bernman wrote:
midranger wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:At least now you guys better understand why last November I wanted to jump off the Hoan Bridge in distress over Chauncey screwing up the draft.

And how I was willing back in late November to trade Bogut and Potsie for Wilt but figured the Nets would never go for it.

Hammond FTL.

I was right there with you. Lopez will be a star in this league. It's depressing.

My two big moves last summer would have been dumping Redd for nothing and drafting Brook Lopez.

My team's future would look a lot better than the current iteration's.

I think the draft threads need to be bumped so we can establish who had the foresight on Brook Lopez and who is being a Monday Morning Quarterback (not implying you are). The Brook Lopez Islanders that I recall were myself, PP, AdamCzrepelforeskini, and a few others.

WAH's #1 option was actually Potsie. I recall DB compared him to Mike Wilkinson, only I think he said Wilkinson had more projectible skills. :lol: I said he'd be a top player, in Europe.

I was with you guys. When WAH first made a thread about Potsie back in March I think, I was the first one to post in it and said no way. I was fine with taking him in the 20s, but not in the lottery.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side after this game. At least when we trade our 1st for a 2nd, we'll be able to get a Brook Lopez. You can find those guys in the 2nd round every year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#143 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Mar 4, 2009 1:39 pm

trwi7 wrote:
I was with you guys. When WAH first made a thread about Potsie back in March I think, I was the first one to post in it and said no way. I was fine with taking him in the 20s, but not in the lottery.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side after this game. At least when we trade our 1st for a 2nd, we'll be able to get a Brook Lopez. You can find those guys in the 2nd round every year.

Yeah, I remember that thread as well. WAH started going crazy over Alexander, other people started getting on the bandwagon, and I had a bad feeling that the Bucks would end up picking Joe.

The huge red flag that everybody should have seen, was Alexander's career up until that point in March. The only time Alexander had been effective, was when Huggins made Alexander the focal point of the offensive. Alexander's athleticism at the NCAA level was enough to make that work. But, the fundementals were never there.

My only hope for Alexander at this point, is that he somehow gets thrust into the 'elite scoring' role, post future RJ trade. I think that's the only way he can contribute, just like in college. Alexander just doesn't have the fundementals necessary to be a good complementary player.

I felt the same way about taking him in the 20's, but thought in no way should he be taken in the lottery. Well, maybe he would have been a good pick for the Pacers, but not the Bucks. Definitely not at #8.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
VanillaSky
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#144 » by VanillaSky » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:46 pm

RayRayJones wrote:All on RJ.

You don't have your star (well, what's left of one) go 4-18 from the field and expect to win many games. He tried to make up for it in FTs, but you just can't go 22%.

Also thought we should have had CBell in down the stretch.

yes! where was Bell? he's been hot of late.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#145 » by jerrod » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:15 pm

paul wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
paul wrote:I'm just wondering how many thousands of posts it's going to take before we feel like the point has been adequatly made. It's a good point and it's correct, but man.

Hammond and I have nothing better to do the next two years waiting for Redd/RJ and Gadz's contracts to expire.

Think it might be time for me to take a spell.

what? isn't this what you wanted? rj's still here and fighting hard for the playoffs :lol:

that reminds me of the star wars quote i'm about to butcher: "evacuate? in our moment of triumph!" :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks