ImageImage

Postgame: Nets @ Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,244

Re: Postgame: Nets @ Bucks 

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:38 am

DH34Phan wrote:Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Richard Jefferson is the one that is costing this team the playoffs?

I find it more depressing that our two biggest offseason acquisitions are not doing anything to help us make it.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#22 » by Simulack » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:39 am

Most disheartening loss of the year. :evil:
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,047

Post#23 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

Remember when people stated as a matter of fact that Josh Boone was the best big man on the Nets?

Where are those people now?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#24 » by Mags FTW » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

As a Bucks fan I've grown accustomed to losing games like these. Think back to that Toronto game a few years back where Jalen Rose's 3 cost us like 4 seeds in the playoffs.

Oh, and nice shooting RJ.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#25 » by cam2win » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

LUKE23 wrote:
DH34Phan wrote:Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Richard Jefferson is the one that is costing this team the playoffs?

I find it more depressing that our two biggest offseason acquisitions are not doing anything to help us make it.

....meanwhile our 2 best players won't both be on the team next year....ah the sadness
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#26 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

Someone should find and update that "RJ after the deadline" thread and see what it looks like.

Jeez, how many opportunities is this franchise going to have, both on-court and off, and not take advantage of any of them? A win tonight would have been huge. Nah, let's leave Keyon Dooling so wide open he could eat a steak and still have time to hit a 3.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Fight the Tank » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

Ayt wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:Why the F did CV chuck that 3 pointer up 8? That was the game right there. If we grind out that possession we win the game. Awful awful awful awful awful awful loss.

Brook Lopez may be a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) but he is a load down low.

:rofl:

There was 4:18 left at that point.

Whats your point? If we grind the clock down and atleast get a good look that takes the game under four minutes.

That game was over at that point and the Nets were on the verge of breaking. That was a terrible shot.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#28 » by icat2000 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

Luke R shooting 4-9 not sure why Luke23 made an issue of this. Please explain.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#29 » by jerrod » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:40 am

LUKE23 wrote:

skiles and prince are doing some things :D
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#30 » by icat2000 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:42 am

Huge opportunity lost.

RJ peformance was shoddy.

JA was really pissed in the interview at half time too.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#31 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:42 am

Mags FTW wrote:As a Bucks fan I've grown accustomed to losing games like these. Think back to that Toronto game a few years back where Jalen Rose's 3 cost us like 4 seeds in the playoffs.

Oh, and nice shooting RJ.

It was from 4th to 6th. I remember the play out of that timeout in which Joe Smith tried to win it with a 3. One of the many classics in Terry Porter's resume.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#32 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:42 am

I missed this halftime interview with JA. What was said? Any post in the game thread describing it?
Go Bucks!
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#33 » by cam2win » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:43 am

Anyone else besides me think Wally Szerbiak is better than RJ?
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#34 » by El Duderino » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:43 am

JoeHova wrote:I CAN NOT believe that they gave up those wide open corner 3s. **** me...

I just don't get what the hell Jefferson was doing on the three by Hayes? Lopez was already being covered, Jefferson was basically just standing there guarding the back of Lopez while his man was standing wide open in the corner. I can't fathom what he was doing there.
midranger
RealGM

Post#35 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:43 am

Yeah, a synopsis of the JA interview would be nice.... and infuriating given what Lopez did tonight.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,518

Post#36 » by Bernman » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:44 am

Skiles' strategy to continually bring a weakside perimeter defender to help against penetration is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He's never going to get there to alter the shot, you don't need 3-4 defenders on one guy, and penetrators must be aware of the predictable tendency on film by now. This to me has been his most egregious error this season.

RJ has been pitiful against one of our main competitors for the final playoff spot, his former team, the New Jersey Nets. He's posted lines of 4 for freakin' 18, 3 for freakin 15, and 7 for 16. A combined 14 for 49, a 28.6 % clip. Every time I've observed him in the game he's got no intensity in his eyes. Meanwhile Mo has come out with a fire to spite his former team every time. Shouldn't Jefferson feel disrespected that he was traded, especially for such crappy players? I really think his love is unconditional for Jersey and he has a difficult time setting it aside each time he plays against them.

This Bucks' team has done a pathetic job of stepping up in ultra pivotal "must win" games against teams vying for the 8th seed. First Chicago at home and now New Jersey. These are games the Bucks would win 8 out of 10 times when looking at our other results. CHOKE
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#37 » by RayRayJones » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:44 am

I can't wait for Skiles to have a Moran "playoffs" post-game interview coming up.
midranger
RealGM

Post#38 » by midranger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:44 am

El Duderino wrote:
JoeHova wrote:I CAN NOT believe that they gave up those wide open corner 3s. **** me...

I just don't get what the hell Jefferson was doing on the three by Hayes? Lopez was already being covered, Jefferson was basically just standing there guarding the back of Lopez while his man was standing wide open in the corner. I can't fathom what he was doing there.

According to some, he HAD to be there.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#39 » by lawrybeard » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:44 am

Tough loss. Wilt was the difference in this one - we had noone that could stick with him.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#40 » by aaprigs311 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:45 am

Tough loss. I understand that Skiles defensive philosophy is to defend the post first and foremost, but when the three balls start raining you have to put more effort into staying home around the perimeter. That could have been the difference in this game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks