ImageImage

Looking for nice tickets for Saturday's game vs GS WARRIORS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,134

Looking for nice tickets for Saturday's game vs GS WARRIORS 

Post#1 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:00 pm

Trying to score 4 good seats for Saturday's game. Trying not to get involved with brokers and their Service Fees and shipping costs. Looking for Lower Bowl, mid-court tickets.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: Looking for nice tickets for Saturday's game vs GS WARRIORS 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:29 pm

Here are your choices:

Someone from this board. Very unlikely you'll find 4 mid court seats anyone on here is giving up. But you never know.

Buy directly from the Bucks. The best they have available is 202, behind the Bucks bench. Good seats but pricey.

Stub Hub - Often this season you can get great seats at below face but right now all they have are seats in the corners in the lower bowl.

Ebay - I didn't check but there have been some fantastic deals there on Bucks tickets this season.

Scalpers - Many are outside Major Goolsby's before the game. If they do have the kind of seats you want they will try to screw you on the price, forgetting that it's the Bucks/Warriors not the Lakers/Celtics game 7. You'll often have to wait until tipoff to get their price down to a reasonable level.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:37 pm

wouldn't hurt to call up a bucks ticket person and ask, they called me with a really, really nice deal yesterday for that game
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#4 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm betting if you call a rep and tell him what you are looking for, they'll offer you lower bowl tickets for about $75/pair
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#5 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Mar 5, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah. I ususally head down right before tip off and get a good deal. However, most of the time they are good seats, not great seats. Have a couple friends in town and want to get real close.

Jerrod,

what do you mean the Bucks called you and offered a great deal? You think if I speak with someone in the box office I can talk them down???? Is that even possible??
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#6 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 5, 2009 5:59 pm

i have a ticket rep i call to get tickets from fairly often, so he gave me a call and offered me a good deal.

they're doing pretty crazy deals already and since it's not a super popular team i'd definitely give them a call and at least tell them what you're looking to get and see what they can do. couldn't hurt
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 5, 2009 6:30 pm

Don't call the box office. If you don't know any Bucks ticket reps just look on the Bucks website and pick one out and give them a call.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#8 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 5, 2009 7:11 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Don't call the box office. If you don't know any Bucks ticket reps just look on the Bucks website and pick one out and give them a call.

yeah, i should have specified that when i said to call. Paul is cool
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#9 » by bigkurty » Thu Mar 5, 2009 8:27 pm

Speaking of tickets, I wonder how being a ticket rep would be. To me I would think they are poorly paid since so many people would think it is glamorous or something even though it is not, they have crazy work hours, and if you want to move up in sports, most of the time you have to be ready to move at any time to take another job if you want to be promoted. To me that really seems like a crap job and I imagine it's really crappy if you work for a team like the Bucks who for the most part are never very good so selling those tickets would be tough.

I do agree though, Paul Suchomel seems like a good guy. Also Stephanie Thiel is pretty attractive, maybe it would be good to start a relationship with her so you can meet her later if you ever buy more tickets, :eyebrows:
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#10 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:14 pm

bigkurty wrote:I do agree though, Paul Suchomel seems like a good guy.

Absolutely. If anyone calls him, mention RealGM and myself specifically. He'll give you a good deal.
414-227-2761
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#11 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:20 pm

bigkurty wrote:Speaking of tickets, I wonder how being a ticket rep would be. To me I would think they are poorly paid since so many people would think it is glamorous or something even though it is not, they have crazy work hours, and if you want to move up in sports, most of the time you have to be ready to move at any time to take another job if you want to be promoted. To me that really seems like a crap job and I imagine it's really crappy if you work for a team like the Bucks who for the most part are never very good so selling those tickets would be tough.

I do agree though, Paul Suchomel seems like a good guy. Also Stephanie Thiel is pretty attractive, maybe it would be good to start a relationship with her so you can meet her later if you ever buy more tickets, :eyebrows:

I once got a tour from Stephanie of the BC (locker rooms, etc) and she's easily the hottest Bucks rep I've ever seen.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#12 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:24 pm

THANKS ALL!
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#13 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 5, 2009 9:38 pm

bigkurty wrote:Speaking of tickets, I wonder how being a ticket rep would be. To me I would think they are poorly paid since so many people would think it is glamorous or something even though it is not, they have crazy work hours, and if you want to move up in sports, most of the time you have to be ready to move at any time to take another job if you want to be promoted. To me that really seems like a crap job and I imagine it's really crappy if you work for a team like the Bucks who for the most part are never very good so selling those tickets would be tough.

Yeah, I could've taken a job interning in the sales department during college, but $8 an hour (about 7 years ago) wasn't really a competitive wage. I got a better offer so I took it, but if I could've afforded taking less money I would have.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks