ImageImage

Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions 

Post#61 » by Scoops » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 pm

How many people would be upset if we straight up let him go and handed the reigns over to BJ? We would obviously be worse next year and have a better chance at landing a top pick. Jennings also gets to take his lumps and play a ton of minutes instead of getting 20 minutes a game behind Ramon.

We might be doing more damage by keeping Ramon and staying somewhat afloat than letting him go.
Go Bucks!
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#62 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:00 pm

MajorDad - You are speaking far too emotionally. GM's can't operate on friendship and emotion. Yes, you want to take care of your players but you don't want to pay $.01 more than you have to. Maybe for a guy like Lebron or Wade, but not a lower level talent like Ramon. No offense to him, but he hasn't proven anything and you don't know what's "acceptable" to him and Chubby at this point. Perhaps even the MLE isn't good enough for them. No way we even want to pay that.

Scoops - That is not a bad train of thought to be honest. I'd rather be competitive, but if we are going to completely tank than the best thing to do would be to let Sessions walk and dump Redd for expirings.....oh and put Joe and Gadz in the starting lineup. Definitely couldn't break 15 wins with those two guys logging heavy minutes.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#63 » by blueedwards » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 am

Well the Hawks have to be out of the hunt for Sessions since they signed Bibby and Zaza now.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#64 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:46 am

stevescheffler06 wrote:Hopefully a hybrid of Moses and Carl Lewis.

Lead us to the promised land as fast as humanly possible.

:lol:

Well played.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#65 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 am

Woelfel's latest tweet says the Bucks and Ersan Ilyasova are "close" on a deal.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#66 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 am

Woelfel just stated on his twitter account that the scuttlebutt is that the Pacers are interested in Sessions.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#67 » by Joana » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:58 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Woelfel just stated on his twitter account that the scuttlebutt is that the Pacers are interested in Sessions.

That's weird. The Pacers wasted more than half of their MLE in Dahntay Jones.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#68 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:03 am

Joana wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:Woelfel just stated on his twitter account that the scuttlebutt is that the Pacers are interested in Sessions.

That's weird. The Pacers wasted more than half of their MLE in Dahntay Jones.

Yeah, I wonder what's up. I can't imagine Ramon looking for a sub-MLE deal.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#69 » by El Duderino » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:10 am

They need to sign a white PG instead so that if Granger ever gets hurt, they might throw an all white starting five on to the court.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#70 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:25 am

I love Granger. I hope Indiana gets it together. Although Ramon's not going there.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#71 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 am

WTF is with the Ramon gets interest from Greece wiretap? I can't **** move the Greece. Cmon Hammond.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#72 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:34 am

Nebula1 wrote:WTF is with the Ramon gets interest from Greece wiretap? I can't **** move the Greece. Cmon Hammond.

Same team that signed Josh Childress last season, Olympiakos, reportedly.. So if the story about Childress staying with his current team are true then it's possible Childress and Sessions could be playing together.

andonewheel
Rookie

Post#73 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 am

I would be furious if Sessions went to Europe where we couldn't even watch him. At this point I just want him to sign an offer sheet and then get matched.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#74 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 am

The article actually says that they "may" pursue Sessions also, not that they have.

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#75 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 am

Can Indy offer more than MLE for Ramon?
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#76 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 am

LUKE23 wrote:Can Indy offer more than MLE for Ramon?

I don't think so. They already inked Dahntay Jones for 4yrs/11m
buckaroo
Senior
And1: 0

Post#77 » by buckaroo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 am

Is this already up somewhere?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/baske ... icks/blog/

N8 the Greek?Apparently Olympiakos is targeting Nate Robinson with a boatload of cash (use your Google translator to read it). As they did a season ago with Josh Childress, the Greek team is hoping to sign Robinson as another ticket-seller, who would easily be a bigger star there.

According to the story -- loosely translated -- Olympiakos may also consider a run at Ramon Sessions, who is a restricted free agent with the Bucks.

European teams can sign restricted free agents from the NBA with no compensation. But the NBA team does maintain the player's rights.

The Knicks might actually have no problem with Robinson taking the Greek offer, mainly because not have to pay him and still could use him as a trade asset. Coincidentally, Robinson has been in Europe making appearances at basketball camps. He is an immensely-popular NBA player who might be the type to strike it rich in Europe as a fan attraction. But he is also the type that would likely prefer to remain in the NBA.

Money, of course, does talk.

Donnie Walsh hasn't expressed too much concern about the talks with Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin, but he did seem somewhat agitated with the uncertainty involving David Lee's situation. Walsh said he has talked financial parameters with Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, but clearly Bartelstein's target is a lot higher than what Walsh is willing to give.

Share: E-mail Facebook Digg Buzz up!Delicious Tags:David Lee, Nate Robinson, (view all) Posted by Alan Hahn on July 13, 2009 10:57 PM | Permalink | Comments (3)

From WireTap:

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ons_nate/#

Jul 13, 2009 11:26 PM EST
Greek team Olympiakos may be ready to make a substantial offer to Ramon Sessions or Nate Robinson.

The team signed Josh Childress last season.

The Knicks may have no problem with Robinson playing abroad for a season since they would retain his rights while not having to commit to a new contract for the restricted free-agent guard.
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#78 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:15 am

Nate would seem to be preferable for Europe cuz of his dunk contest history and the oddity factor of being a short dude who can jump and score.

Stay away from Sessions!!!
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece) 

Post#79 » by DH34Phan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:31 am

I wonder how the Hammond optimists spin losing both CV and Ramon for nothing, which it looks like could easily happen.
GOBsaysCOMEON
Junior
And1: 154

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece) 

Post#80 » by GOBsaysCOMEON » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:38 am

DH34Phan wrote:I wonder how the Hammond optimists spin losing both CV and Ramon for nothing, which it looks like could easily happen.

It is a bit hard to sell a rebuilding process when you don't keep your young talent.
Once, when asked if he was concerned about his former coach Nate McMillan commenting that he has a selfish attitude, Jerome James replied, "I don't even know what he's talking about, I just worry about Jerome."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks