ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update) 

Post#1 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:42 am

Several league sources said Wednesday that they believed the New York Knicks had abandoned their pursuit of Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, leaving the Clippers as the prime candidate for the 23-year-old. The Oklahoma City Thunder has a tangential interest, according to sources, but is not believed to be seriously pursuing Sessions.

With the Knicks still trying to keep as much cap room as possible for 2010, tying up funds in Sessions apparently is not a priority for New York, which is also in the midst of discussions with unrestricted free agent Andre Miller. However, the same limitations apply for Miller, who is looking for more than the one year offered by both New York and Philadelphia.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... idge.0722/
Nothing will not break me.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Re: David Aldridge: Knicks No Longer Interested In Sessions 

Post#2 » by MetroDrugUnit » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:44 am

WTF?
europa
RealGM

Post#3 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 am

Aldridge's report matches up with what I posted previously - I thought the Knicks pursuing Sessions ran contrary to their 2010 plans and I've never believed the Thunder were seriously interested because I didn't believe they'd want to disrupt their backcourt and possibly anger Westbrook.

If this report is true, it could come down to the Clippers, who continue to talk to Iverson. If Sterling wins that tug of war, Sessions will be down to the Bucks. He'll have to take their offer or the QO. Either way, the Bucks would win in my opinion.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#4 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 am

What a roller-coaster.

Hopefully this means Sessions will be resigned or that there is a S&T for a 2010 1st in the works with LAC...
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#5 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 am

Clippers means full MLE offer, IMO. It would be better for Knicks to offer 4 year/slightly under MLE.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#6 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 am

You didn't quote him saying that Sessions' future was dubious at best in Milwaukee.

My guess would be this is spinmeistering by the Knicks' camp because the writing was on the wall to lose him in an S&T (which they have nothing to offer in), the same one involving Bowen (the T part) that Woelfel alluded to.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#7 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 am

From the reports I've read Sterling wants AI, but it doesn't sound like Dunleavy does.

I can't see them tendering a contract to Sessions when they just acquired Telfair.

Sessions would be completely redundant.

Looks like Sessions will have some tough choices to make.

Take the QO or take the multi-year deal the Bucks will offer (if they do).

I think it will be in the best interest of the team for Sessions to sign a 3YR deal probably worth between $12M-$15M.
europa
RealGM

Post#8 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 am

Bernman wrote:You didn't quote him saying that Sessions' future was dubious at best in Milwaukee.

My guess would be this is spinmeistering by the Knicks' camp because the writing was on the wall to lose him in an S&T (which they have nothing to offer in), the same one involving Bowen (the T part) that Woelfel alluded to.

Or they prefer Miller over Sessions and don't want to sign either one to a long-term deal.

As far as Sessions' future, we'll see. I think the worst-case scenario here is a S&T if the Clippers want him badly enough and Sterling loses his desire to get Iverson. Then it will come down to whether Hammond does well with the S&T.

ETA - the other issue is if Sessions goes to the Clips, he probably is the backup there for another 2-3 years given Baron's awful contract. At least if he takes a shorter deal with the Bucks, he'd be looking at 1-2 years at least as a starter.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 am

I thought we were going to get Curry and Jefferies back in a trade. Thats too bad.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#10 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the reports I've read Sterling wants AI, but it doesn't sound like Dunleavy does.

I can't see them tendering a contract to Sessions when they just acquired Telfair.

I think it will be in the best interest of the team for Sessions to sign a 3YR deal probably worth between $12M-$15M.

There was a subsequent report that the Clippers would try to move Telfair, and IMO, he sucks anyways and is only considered a backup quality point by some due to the pedigree that's lingering in people's minds.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#11 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 am

europa wrote:Several league sources said Wednesday that they believed the New York Knicks had abandoned their pursuit of Bucks restricted free agent guard Ramon Sessions, leaving the Clippers as the prime candidate for the 23-year-old. The Oklahoma City Thunder has a tangential interest, according to sources, but is not believed to be seriously pursuing Sessions.

With the Knicks still trying to keep as much cap room as possible for 2010, tying up funds in Sessions apparently is not a priority for New York, which is also in the midst of discussions with unrestricted free agent Andre Miller. However, the same limitations apply for Miller, who is looking for more than the one year offered by both New York and Philadelphia.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/d ... idge.0722/

Come on Europa, aren't you the one that just sent the board spinning with Armen "The Hammer" Gilliam's crazy rumors? :lol:

Hope this is true, which means no S&T could be worked out with the Knicks or they simply figured why waste their time when the Bucks were just going to match the offer anyway! 8-)
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#12 » by El Duderino » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:57 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:From the reports I've read Sterling wants AI, but it doesn't sound like Dunleavy does.

If Sessions only had the option of say a 3yr/13-14 million dollar deal from the Bucks or take the Q0 and thus become an UFA after the year, i'd take the three years simply because there is always the slight chance he could tear up his knee. Something like 12-15 million wouldn't be what i'm sure he's looking for from this offseason, but it would be enough to set Ramon up for life if he was reasonably smart with his money, plus in three years he'd be a still young free agent.
europa
RealGM

Post#13 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:57 am

apdamico wrote:Come on Europa, aren't you the one that just sent the board spinning with Armen "The Hammer" Gilliam's crazy rumors? :lol:

I made a rookie mistake in not looking at the source of that other deal. I screwed the pooch there. I have no such reservations about David Aldridge, though. :)
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#14 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 am

Only acceptable S/T includes a first rounder.
europa
RealGM

Post#15 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:58 am

Now's the time I'd like to see Hammond make an offer to Sessions. Start at 3/$12M and see if he bites. The market is going away quickly so this is a good time for Hammond to see if he can wrap this up and move on.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#16 » by old skool » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 am

The Knicks interest in Sessions never made a lot o f sense. Not at a multi-year contract.

It only made sense if they were trying to nudge another free agent into signing - like David Lee. Sessions would be difficult to sign, because the Bucks can match. It always looked like a smoke screen to me - although the Dan D'Antoni connection is tough to overcome.

oLd sKool
europa
RealGM

Post#17 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:02 am

Sounds like the Clips are going to abandon pursuit of the "NBA's Barry Bonds:"

Sign L.O., and do it as quickly as the Clippers are going to dump A.I.

That's what is happening down the hall, with Dunleavy finally realizing the foolishness of his suggestion after speaking to Iverson's former coaches and executives.

There was talk that Iverson was Sterling's idea, a way to juice ticket sales, but Dunleavy acknowledges that it was him.

"The guy is a great player, he's a warrior," said Dunleavy.

But Dunleavy was also reminded this week that the guy will split a locker room faster than a double-team, and that Iverson's after-hours influence on young guys such as Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon could outweigh his on-court lessons.

Dunleavy is supposed to meet with Iverson later this week but apparently it's only a formality; he wants the Clippers to stop chasing.

It is assumed Sterling will agree.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-pla ... umn?page=2
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#18 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 am

europa wrote:
apdamico wrote:Come on Europa, aren't you the one that just sent the board spinning with Armen "The Hammer" Gilliam's crazy rumors? :lol:

I made a rookie mistake in not looking at the source of that other deal. I screwed the pooch there. I have no such reservations about David Aldridge, though. :)

It's all good; at least this is a credible source. I just have to wonder though why Felton's name never is mentioned when these reporters are talking about available PG’s.
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Joana » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:04 am

Bernman wrote:There was a subsequent report that the Clippers would try to move Telfair, and IMO, he sucks anyways and is only considered a backup quality point by some due to the pedigree that's lingering in people's minds.

I disagree. He was awfully bad but he grew up a lot in Minnesota during the last 2 seasons. I think he's developed his game to the point where he can be considered a decent backup PG (too bad he can't shoot or finish at the rim, he could eventually develop into a starter). Of course, considering that Baron Davis is their starter, the Clippers would prefer to have a backup of top-quality, someone who'd be respectable as the starter - none of Telfair or Taylor can offer that.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Joana » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 am

So, has anyone offered already offered a contract to Sessions that the Bucks can decide to match or not? (just paraphrasing what I wrote 1 or 2 days ago in my last post here till now).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks