ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Re: David Aldridge: Knicks No Longer Interested In Sessions 

Post#41 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
Wise1 wrote:Chad, this is the NBA. If Ramon wants to waste years in Greece, let him. He still would be our RFA if he wants to play in this league. The offers that I put forth are not lowball offers. They are realistic and fair considering what much better players are signing for (Ariza, Artest, Sheed, AI/Miller offers, ect.).

I agree

Hear that boys? 8-)
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#42 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 am

europa wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:I don't know if Olympiakos is still interested in him, but if they are you can't completely low ball the guy or else he might bolt. I'd have no problem with a 3 for 12 with a player option 4.

Agreed. Sessions is a good player. Only Bogut and Redd are better on the team right now. Don't insult him by lowballing him. Offer him a fair deal - which I think 3/$12M would be - and see if he signs.

I have to say that my believe is that frustration out of the Sessions camp is what comes next! Hopefully Chubby Wells doesn't roll like agents such as Mark Bartelstein! Bartelstein seems to have a knack for getting his RFA's directing hatred towards their current clubs (e.g. Bell and most recently David Lee’s frustration at the Knicks).
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 am

Figures ..

I have no idea why the knicks had interest in him anyways ..They shoot ALOT of 3's in Dantoni's system , ramon is one of the WORSE in that department .

Seems as if the leauge has no interest in the " soon to be all star " ramon sessions ..Stark contrast from the b.s we read on here , one would think if ramon was as talented as some beleive he is teams would be lining up . I wonder why they are not ? one would be left to beleive if ramon was as good as some people say a team would step up .... HA ! hilarious .

So lets get this put into context , ramon on the trading block = no interest .. ramon on free agent market = no interest ...A whole lot of NO INTEREST for a guy being regarded as the next great pg ..something doesnt add up here .. could it be hmmmm . hes wildly overated ?

Ill repeate it one last time ...3 mil per , or no deal ... that is what hammond feels he is worth , that is what he is worth , hes a backup pg that cant shoot , defend , or run an offense .. he should concider himself lucky to even get that deal ..
Wise1
RealGM

Post#44 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 am

europa wrote:You're right Kirby, I have seen the talent. I've seen what Sessions can do and right now he's way ahead of Jennings. The rook's got a long ways to go just to catch him, much less surpass him.

The good news is this team is going to be MUCH better off with both of them. I'm definitely looking forward to a Sessions/Jennings PG duo next season.

Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point. I like Ramon more for the injury insurance factor as opposed to someone who thinks Jennings and Ramon can play together in the same backcourt. I don't think Ramon is a good complement to Jennings as a two guard. Redd and Meeks are miles better since they are realistic kick out options from the perimeter.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#45 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 am

Sessions will be a Buck next year, time for some to deal with it.
BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#46 » by BucksRUS » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 am

I still don't get the feeling that the Bucks want Sessions back. I could be surprised, but I don't Sessions will be on the Bucks this season.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#47 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am

BDUB_30 wrote:I wonder why they are not ?

A number of reasons come immediately to mind:

1. The teams that had a lot of money to spend this summer didn't need a PG with the exception of Portland and the Blazers want a veteran PG.

2. This draft was loaded with good PG prospects, thus reducing the need for some teams to pursue Sessions.

3. RFAs rarely change teams (this is kind of important).

4. Teams know the Bucks have the means to match an offer for Sessions so they're reluctant to tie up their cap space for a week pursuing someone they may never get.

That's four of the top ones right off the top of my head.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#48 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 am

There's no reason for Ramon or his agent to express any hatred toward the Bucks. Chubby Wells thought his client was worth more than he is.. and it seems the market is drying up on both of them.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#49 » by heynow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 am

This comes down to how badly the headcoach wants Sessions back.
You are right Hammond has played his hand well up to now.
My suggestion is that this absolutely not the time to fold.
The Clippers are not going to spend their MLE on a backup guard.
If Hammonds waits he can sign him for what he essentailly wanted to pay him all along.
I think the contention here all along has been length of contract for Hammond. He simply wants as much legroom as possible with Sessions.
Unlike several posters here Hammond and Skiles consider Sessions to be an inconsistent player who has stretches where he is very good but just as many where he looks lost. They do not want to tie themselves to him for more then 3 years.
On mediocre teams guys can look better then they are in stretches and can collect stats.
If you give them long term contracts; Simmons, Gadz, Bell... that is the equation for a bad contracts.
europa
RealGM

Post#50 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 am

Wise1 wrote:Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point.

I hope Hammond's smart enough not to insult Sessions with a $3M a year offer. Offer him 3/$12M or 4/$16m or 3/$15M. If he's not totally hoping for a team to swoop in at the last minute I think he'll take one of those offers. At least he should in my opinion.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#51 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 am

LUKE23 wrote:Sessions will be a Buck next year, time for some to deal with it.

Didn't you also say that either Hill, Holiday, or Derozan would be Bucks if either fell to 10? Didn't I tell you that Holiday had huge questions and should be drafted around the 18th pick?

Look Luke, I don't think anyone has expressed an opinion to get rid of Sessions just on general principle. We want him back, just not at the premium prices that you've advocated (9mil per, full mle). Nonsense.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#52 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 am

Wise1 wrote:
europa wrote:You're right Kirby, I have seen the talent. I've seen what Sessions can do and right now he's way ahead of Jennings. The rook's got a long ways to go just to catch him, much less surpass him.

The good news is this team is going to be MUCH better off with both of them. I'm definitely looking forward to a Sessions/Jennings PG duo next season.

Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point. I like Ramon more for the injury insurance factor as opposed to someone who thinks Jennings and Ramon can play together in the same backcourt. I don't think Ramon is a good complement to Jennings as a two guard. Redd and Meeks are miles better since they are realistic kick out options from the perimeter.

I think 3.5 mil per year for 3-years would be a very respectable offer and not one Sessions would look at as garbage. Maybe even 3-years for 14 million, but no more than that! It's a contract for a lesser amount of years, which will earn Sessions a lot more money much sooner if he keeps improving and proves worthy of his position. :wink:
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#53 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 am

It's clear that some posters idea of fair value to Sessions won't end up being realistic. I absolutely guarantee if he does sign an offer, he will get more than $3M per. Guarantee it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#54 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Hey, I'm back. I was banned yet again for a week. This time for writing on the Raptors board that they should sign Ben Wallace to 30 million/3 year deal. Guess they didn't like the sarcasm.

Either way, Sessions' agent is a joke. I understand the business aspect, and you have to hype up your client, but face it, nobody wants to give Sessions the MLE. If he re-signs with the Bucks, fine, but he has to realize he will be a full time backup, starting with the 2010 season. He might find himself in a starting role on our squad this season, but that will change very quickly.

He's an overrated, overhyped player, who will be a great backup for a quality point guard.

I'll give Sessions more credit than that---if he is to be a backup, I think he'll become one of the top 6th men in the league. This is especially true since he can play both guard spots, and his struggle for minutes against Jennings would definitely provide him with incentive to improve his defense and shooting.
europa
RealGM

Post#55 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 am

Woelfel's latest tweet disputes the Aldridge report.

Knicks still very much in Ramon Sessions hunt.
europa
RealGM

Post#56 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
europa wrote:
Wise1 wrote:Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point.

I hope Hammond's smart enough not to insult Sessions with a $3M a year offer. Offer him 3/$12M or 4/$16m or 3/$15M. If he's not totally hoping for a team to swoop in at the last minute I think he'll take one of those offers. At least he should in my opinion.

How is that insulting? Sessions isn't even worth 3 million a year. I feel like we'd be doing him a huge favor by at least offering 3 million, for a player that hasn't proved anything in the league.

I think he's worth $5M a year. Offering him $4M is fair because there's no market for him now. Offering him $3M is insulting in my opinion. Jennings is making $2M and he's proven a helluva lot less than Sessions has in the league.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#57 » by Joana » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 am

steger_3434 wrote:I don't know if Olympiakos is still interested in him, but if they are you can't completely low ball the guy or else he might bolt. I'd have no problem with a 3 for 12 with a player option 4.

Were they really interested at any point?

Anyway, going overseas would be a mistake for Sessions. He could easily be a bust here and that would hurt his value in the NBA.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#58 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 am

europa wrote:

How can you insult a second round pick that made 700k last season by offering him 9 million dollars over 3 years when no other team is willing to give him a dime at this point?
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#59 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:40 am

Wise1 wrote:Chad, this is the NBA. If Ramon wants to waste years in Greece, let him. He still would be our RFA if he wants to play in this league. The offers that I put forth are not lowball offers. They are realistic and fair considering what much better players are signing for (Ariza, Artest, Sheed, AI/Miller offers, ect.).

Very true as far as not breaking the bank with him. I don't think 3 for $12 million is going to kill this team, though. I understand you let the market dictate the player's contract and I don't want to get into a Gadz type deal, but this shouldn't come close to that.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#60 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:41 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Let the Knicks take this overrated player. Perfect. This is what the Knicks do best. Hammond needs to stay away from any deal above 3 million a year. I'd say 2.5 million a year, with incentives to make more if he actually produces would be best for a 6th man.

Haha, you're out of your gord.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks