ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: David Aldridge: Knicks No Longer Interested In Sessions 

Post#61 » by heynow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 am

europa wrote:
Wise1 wrote:Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point.

I hope Hammond's smart enough not to insult Sessions with a $3M a year offer. Offer him 3/$12M or 4/$16m or 3/$15M. If he's not totally hoping for a team to swoop in at the last minute I think he'll take one of those offers. At least he should in my opinion.

This is professional sports. He has had an opportunity to get the best offer for his skills. How are the Bucks insulting him.
Lamar Odom helped the Lakers win a title and they yanked an offer off the table when they got tired of waiting for an answer from him. This is business and for the first timne we have a GM who treats players like they are players and not friends or family members.
This isn't personnal.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,063

Post#62 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 am

Posted this in the other Sessions thread as well....

Latest Woelfel on Twitter:

"Knicks still very much in Ramon Sessions hunt."

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#63 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:43 am

heynow wrote:Lamar Odom helped the Lakers win a title and they yanked an offer off the table when they got tired of waiting for an answer from him.

Odom reportedly will get $10M a year from the Lakers.
Nothing will not break me.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#64 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 am

LUKE23 wrote:It's clear that some posters idea of fair value to Sessions won't end up being realistic. I absolutely guarantee if he does sign an offer, he will get more than $3M per. Guarantee it.

Stop guaranteeing Luke. Just stop. Besides, 3-4 mil per for 3-4 years is where I've slotted him all along. Due to market conditions, the Bucks may be able to get a more favorable deal without comprimise. 3/9 or 2/8.
europa
RealGM

Post#65 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 am

LUKE23 wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:Let the Knicks take this overrated player. Perfect. This is what the Knicks do best. Hammond needs to stay away from any deal above 3 million a year. I'd say 2.5 million a year, with incentives to make more if he actually produces would be best for a 6th man.

Haha, you're out of your gord.

The crazy thing is if you put in incentives and Sessions didn't improve at all over what he did this past season, he'd probably end up making $6M or more given how well he produced.

I'll take the $4M a year deal for him, thank you very much.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#66 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 am

LUKE23 wrote:It's clear that some posters idea of fair value to Sessions won't end up being realistic. I absolutely guarantee if he does sign an offer, he will get more than $3M per. Guarantee it.

I see your post directly after mine and I stated starting at 3.5 per season and offering a max of $14 million over 3-seasons. Do you really think he worth more than that? I believe that comes in at just above 4.5 mil per season and it's only for 3-years!

Again, don't know if you were referencing me or not? If you were however, what do you think it will take to get him signed? Thanks!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
Wise1
RealGM

Post#67 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:46 am

steger_3434 wrote:
Wise1 wrote:Chad, this is the NBA. If Ramon wants to waste years in Greece, let him. He still would be our RFA if he wants to play in this league. The offers that I put forth are not lowball offers. They are realistic and fair considering what much better players are signing for (Ariza, Artest, Sheed, AI/Miller offers, ect.).

Very true as far as not breaking the bank with him. I don't think 3 for $12 million is going to kill this team, though. I understand you let the market dictate the player's contract and I don't want to get into a Gadz type deal, but this shouldn't come close to that.

This is a precise business. The salary structure has to be managed with a fine toothed comb. Every year and every dollar counts.
heynow
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#68 » by heynow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:47 am

europa wrote:
heynow wrote:Lamar Odom helped the Lakers win a title and they yanked an offer off the table when they got tired of waiting for an answer from him.

Yes after he went to the owner with hat in hand and tossed his agent under the bus.
europa
RealGM

Post#69 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:47 am

heynow wrote:
europa wrote:

Yes after he went to the owner with hat in hand and tossed his agent under the bus.

He's still getting a damn good deal. Who cares how he got it?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#70 » by Ayt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 am

Wise1 wrote:
This is a precise business. The salary structure has to be managed with a fine toothed comb. Every year and every dollar counts.

You should probably inform Hammond of that since he's wasted so much money so far.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#71 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 am

Brought it "every other game"? What?
europa
RealGM

Post#72 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 am

He was basically a rookie last season. So if Jennings doesn't play well every game next season I presume you'll rip on him too.
europa
RealGM

Post#73 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:53 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Brought it "every other game"? What?

He's not a consistent player, we know that.

Other than the superstars, how many young players are?

But I'm glad to know we've now established some criteria here. When Jennings plays poorly I'll expect you to rip him for not bringing it every game.

Or aren't you interested in applying the standards equally?
Wise1
RealGM

Post#74 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:56 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
europa wrote:
Wise1 wrote:Okay. I hope we can re-sign Ramon for what he's worth. About 3 mil per at this point.

I hope Hammond's smart enough not to insult Sessions with a $3M a year offer. Offer him 3/$12M or 4/$16m or 3/$15M. If he's not totally hoping for a team to swoop in at the last minute I think he'll take one of those offers. At least he should in my opinion.

How is that insulting? Sessions isn't even worth 3 million a year. I feel like we'd be doing him a huge favor by at least offering 3 million, for a player that hasn't proved anything in the league.

Yeah, I was trying to be nice with my offers. In truth, the Bucks shouldn't offer Ramon a dime more than what they want to pay. He's a luxury item. Hammond can save Ramon's money and use it to buy or acquire via trade an impact frontcourt player after Redd and Gadz expire.
europa
RealGM

Post#75 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:57 am

I think Hammond is willing to pay Sessions at least $4M a year. I think that's a fair offer given the lack of a market for him.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#76 » by stevescheffler06 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
europa wrote:He was basically a rookie last season. So if Jennings doesn't play well every game next season I presume you'll rip on him too.

Jennings won't play well every game, but he'll play very well in at least 70 games.

I LOVE me some Jennings but he's a rookie. I'll take the under on this one. Easy.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
europa
RealGM

Post#77 » by europa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 am

stevescheffler06 wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:
europa wrote:He was basically a rookie last season. So if Jennings doesn't play well every game next season I presume you'll rip on him too.

Jennings won't play well every game, but he'll play very well in at least 70 games.

I LOVE me some Jennings but he's a rookie. I'll take the under on this one. Easy.

Ditto though I guess we need to define "very well" given how subjective that could be.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#78 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:05 am

I think Sessions is at least worth what a lottery pick makes in the latter part of their deals. He's a young guy, not an established commodity (hence the inconsistency), but he has definitely shown flashes of major improvement to come.

I don't see why anyone would argue that at this point, especially if it's only for 3 years or so.
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#79 » by YouthMovement » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:15 am

Jennings is going to shoot sub 40% his rookie year.

And via Gery woelfels twitter:

Knicks still very much in Ramon Sessions hunt.
Wise1
RealGM

Post#80 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:18 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Well for one, Mbah Moute is a very consistent player in what he does. Of course Jennings will be judged as equally as anyone else on the Bucks. Like any other player on Hammond's roster, they will be held accountable for not playing well. If Jennings doesn't play well, I'll be the first poster to rip him. By no means does Jennings get a free pass because his ceiling is higher than the Empire State Building, he will receive his fair share of criticism from me, starting with the pre-season if he hasn't added at the very least, 10 lbs. He's looking like Shaun Livingston out there, and I'm not exactly pleased with that.

This would be a mistake. Why rob Jennings of some of his quickness by adding 10lbs plus to him? He's a small guy. I say let him fill out naturally with some light weight training. AI never added significant weight to his frame. Speed kills. 10lbs isn't going to make an ounce of difference against Billups, Kidd, or young Tyreke Evans. I'd rather have them try to deal with Brandon's speed and quickness.

I think adding so much weight to his frame so quickly after leaving Ohio State had a negative effect on Greg Oden.

I think KG was another guy that filled out naturally as a thin big. Camby as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks