ImageImage

Sessions Update:Ramon signs T-Wolves OS (page 310 update)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Re: David Aldridge: Knicks No Longer Interested In Sessions 

Post#81 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:20 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:Im gonna say his numbers are gonna be something like 14/6/2 stls, and as long as the turnovers are kept at a minimum, the jump shot starts to find itself, and he bulks up 15-20 lbs, I'd consider it a very successful rookie campaign.

Those would be great numbers for a 3rd guard. If we trade Redd I can see the scoring improving especially too.

That's also something to consider in our valuation of Sessions---Skiles does like small ball, and having a guard like Sessions who could step up and play more minutes at the 2 (especially as he improves) will increase our flexibility in dropping Redd.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#82 » by jimmybones » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:25 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:We simply can't take this risk. Sessions cannot run an offense on a consistent basis. That's great that he can get a triple-double here and there, but so could Bob Sura. The real winner in this whole fiasco will be the team that doesn't sign Sessions.

I'm starting to lean this way more and more as well. This board has such a hard on for Ramon. He's good, he's fun to watch, his ability to get to the rim is impressive. I'd love to have him and use him as a combo/scoring guard off the bench but I don't see that happening. I don't want to lose him for nothing so I'm hoping for a S&T but I just don't see him as ever being the floor general of a really good team. Jennings, on the other hand.. 8-)
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#83 » by Wise1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:30 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
MouteKicksBoute wrote:Im gonna say his numbers are gonna be something like 14/6/2 stls, and as long as the turnovers are kept at a minimum, the jump shot starts to find itself, and he bulks up 15-20 lbs, I'd consider it a very successful rookie campaign.

Those would be great numbers for a 3rd guard. If we trade Redd I can see the scoring improving especially too.

That's also something to consider in our valuation of Sessions---Skiles does like small ball, and having a guard like Sessions who could step up and play more minutes at the 2 (especially as he improves) will increase our flexibility in dropping Redd.

I really think we need to give Redd a chance this season. At least till the deadline. If he's averaging 23 points a game on 47% shooting again, and the Bucks are comfortably in the playoff hunt, it would be tough to trade him. I have a feeling Redd's redemption season is coming, and he will be giving all the glory to god more than he ever has.

Amen.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#84 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:31 am

I think you guys mean

Chubby Wells via GeryWoelfel Twitter

Knicks still very much in hunt for Sessions
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#85 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:33 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I think you guys mean

Chubby Wells via GeryWoelfel Twitter

Knicks still very much in hunt for Sessions

Yep, my thoughts also.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#86 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:I really think we need to give Redd a chance this season. At least till the deadline. If he's averaging 23 points a game on 47% shooting again, and the Bucks are comfortably in the playoff hunt, it would be tough to trade him. I have a feeling Redd's redemption season is coming, and he will be giving all the glory to god more than he ever has.

We can still give Redd a shot while having Sessions available in case we deal him. If Jody Meeks continues to impress he would make such a trade easier as well. Plus, even if Redd has a redemption season, his increased trade value would probably increase our incentive to trade him as well (especially as he proves he's healthy and he gets closer to becoming an ending contract). I think having optimum flexibility to make that trade if one comes about is VERY important.
Dobber-16
Assistant Coach
And1: 439

Post#87 » by Dobber-16 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:44 am

Jamal Tinsley has just been waived by the Pacers. Anyone think the reason behind the stalemate between Sessions, and the Bucks-Knicks has anything to do with Tinsley possible signing with the Knicks?
I'll bet he signs with NYK :nod:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: all you guys bitching sound like fixed income grandmas at the grocery store.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#88 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 am

Yep the Knicks could definitely have Tinsley on the radar as a vet minimum PG to see if he can help them out. Walsh definitely knows him well.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#89 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:56 am

I can see the Knicks going for Tinsley on a one year deal. If it works out it'd be easy for them to resign him, and he has ever incentive to go all out this year.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#90 » by apdamico » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:09 am

People that think Ramon is a good 2 are not in touch with the NBA. Ramon has enough trouble guarding 1's and he certainly doesn't have the shot to be a 2 in this league!

LRMAM can play some 2 (some) because of his defensive prowess, but Ramon offers very little from the 2. Yes, he played some 2 for us last year, but that was on a injury-riddled team that was desperate for bodies. No way would I even think of moving Sessions to the 2 and trading Redd. That's just not going to happen.

I'm in the camp that believes Redd will have a nice comeback year and if the Bucks are out of the playoff picture, then and only then, we think of trading him. Those who say put Ramon at the 2 because he can get to the rim, well I guess if he got to the rim and finished all the time or at least made his FT's, you might have a valid point; however, that is not the case.

Ramon is a 1 and may play some 2, but he's certainly not going to be signed by any NBA team as their #1 option as a 2!
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#91 » by Mags FTW » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 am

This offseason has been awesome. Promising rookies, trades, FA drama...
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,327

Post#92 » by El Duderino » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 am

Ayt wrote:
Wise1 wrote:
This is a precise business. The salary structure has to be managed with a fine toothed comb. Every year and every dollar counts.

You should probably inform Hammond of that since he's wasted so much money so far.

No kidding

That's what's so laughable about many here acting like Hammond is just doing with Sessions what he's done since getting here, be careful with how he spends money. Hammond is the same guy who lit money on fire signing guys like Lue, Allen, and Elson. Then he lights another about 7 million on fire by delaying the RJ trade.

That said, i'd be pleased if we could could get Sessions locked up for 3 or 4 years instead of five. This last PG heavy draft helped in that regard. I'd have matched a full MLE offer for Ramon, but if the market lessens the dollar amount, that's even better. Having two very young and very talented young PG's to fight things out would be ideal for me and i have no doubt that if the best case happened where both Jennings/Sessions played well, Sessions could be traded for value in a year or two, not just to shave his contract. If though Ramon does end up getting an offer Hammond won't match, i'm very confident in believing that which ever team it is, that contract will be looked back upon as a bargain while Sessions proves himself to be an above average starting PG at a below average salary.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#93 » by El Duderino » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

I really think we need to give Redd a chance this season. At least till the deadline. If he's averaging 23 points a game on 47% shooting again, and the Bucks are comfortably in the playoff hunt, it would be tough to trade him. I have a feeling Redd's redemption season is coming, and he will be giving all the glory to god more than he ever has.

Not for me. If Redd is healthy and shooting 47%, that would be my dream scenario to shed his contract before something happens to chase away any suitors. Maybe we could even get a draft pick out of the deal besides just shedding his ball and chain contract. With the team obviously rebuilding, the last thing rebuilding teams need is an aging, not in shape, vastly overpaid, non difference maker. We've all seen since Redd has been here, without some great talent around him, he does little except eat up gobs of cap space. That's when he's actually on the court and not in an ugly suit watching games. A smart Bucks GM would strike while Redd might have any value if he comes back from the injury well.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#94 » by unklchuk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:04 am

"With the team obviously rebuilding..."

Not so obvious to me. The rest of the off-season will suggest whether "rebuilding" is the right word.

My word isn't rebuilding. It's:

Building
AFAIK, IDKM
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#95 » by Ayt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:15 am

Wise1 wrote:This would be a mistake. Why rob Jennings of some of his quickness by adding 10lbs plus to him? He's a small guy. I say let him fill out naturally with some light weight training. AI never added significant weight to his frame. Speed kills. 10lbs isn't going to make an ounce of difference against Billups, Kidd, or young Tyreke Evans. I'd rather have them try to deal with Brandon's speed and quickness.

I think adding so much weight to his frame so quickly after leaving Ohio State had a negative effect on Greg Oden.

I think KG was another guy that filled out naturally as a thin big. Camby as well.

What the heck happened to your old mantra off needing a big PG for the playoffs?
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#96 » by El Duderino » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:18 am

MouteKicksBoute wrote:
Either way, I know everyone is at the very least curious to see what a Jennings/Redd/Pube trio will do for us.

Not me, the main things i'm curious about for next year are in order

1. By far the most important thing i'll be watching next year is how the young kids play. Hopefully Sessions is kept/Ridnour traded and then i'll be big time excited to see how our two young and talented PG's develop. They have to fight each other for minutes in each practice and game. Then i'll be praying that Alexander starts showing something so that the draft pick wasn't a complete waste. Mbah a Moute likely will always be limited to a quality bench player at the SF/PF spots, but i'd love to see his offensive game grow somewhat each year to go with his superb defense. Meeks i'll be hoping he becomes yet another 2nd round steal that can bring scoring off the bench. Amir Johnson strikes me as to dumb and lacking basketball skills to amount to more than a spot minutes guy, but he at least has some youth to intrigue me slightly.

2. Bogut develops some additions to his offensive skill set. I'd love any of another reliable post move or a mid range/post up jumper. His back holding up with be huge also.

3. Redd coming back healthy and staying healthy to the deadline so that some contender might want to trade for him.

4. I'm greatly looking forward to another season of Scott Skiles post game press conferences after losses. Great comedy

5. The Bucks actual record
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#97 » by El Duderino » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 am

Ayt wrote:
Wise1 wrote:This would be a mistake. Why rob Jennings of some of his quickness by adding 10lbs plus to him? He's a small guy. I say let him fill out naturally with some light weight training. AI never added significant weight to his frame. Speed kills. 10lbs isn't going to make an ounce of difference against Billups, Kidd, or young Tyreke Evans. I'd rather have them try to deal with Brandon's speed and quickness.

I think adding so much weight to his frame so quickly after leaving Ohio State had a negative effect on Greg Oden.

I think KG was another guy that filled out naturally as a thin big. Camby as well.

What the heck happened to your old mantra off needing a big PG for the playoffs?

He likes Jennings so it vanished. Plus, it won't have to rob Jennings of quickness to get stronger. Many athletes retain their quickness even after getting bigger, so long as it's good weight. Hell, LeBron now looks like a defensive end and is as quick as ever. Same with many NBA players. So long as Jennings doesn't add Michael Redd type of weight, he can get stronger while still be cat quick.
TheMachine
Junior
And1: 1

Post#98 » by TheMachine » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 am

BDUB_30 wrote:Figures ..

I have no idea why the knicks had interest in him anyways ..They shoot ALOT of 3's in Dantoni's system , ramon is one of the WORSE in that department .

Seems as if the leauge has no interest in the " soon to be all star " ramon sessions ..Stark contrast from the b.s we read on here , one would think if ramon was as talented as some beleive he is teams would be lining up . I wonder why they are not ? one would be left to beleive if ramon was as good as some people say a team would step up .... HA ! hilarious .

So lets get this put into context , ramon on the trading block = no interest .. ramon on free agent market = no interest ...A whole lot of NO INTEREST for a guy being regarded as the next great pg ..something doesnt add up here .. could it be hmmmm . hes wildly overated ?

Ill repeate it one last time ...3 mil per , or no deal ... that is what hammond feels he is worth , that is what he is worth , hes a backup pg that cant shoot , defend , or run an offense .. he should concider himself lucky to even get that deal ..

Exactly what I have said also. Funny how half of the "experts" on this board were ready to throw a full 5/$34 full MLE at Sessions, and considered that a "steal" (some had talked that Sessions is worth $8 - $9 mil/yr! Now that is scary that someone could actually believe that) Well not one of 30 NBA GM's apparantly agree wtih that thinking. The Bucks don't need to hand out another over-inflated contract to an over achieving second rounder.

I would like to see the Bucks keep Sessions as a quality backup pg, but for no more that 3/$10 max.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#99 » by illastrate » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:29 am

I have no idea how this is gonna play out. But here's what I can say about the Clippers' situation:

- If Clips get Sessions, Telfair will definitely be traded. Sessions won't have to fight for backup PG position.

- Dunleavy likes to play certain players at multiple positions. He will certainly try to play Sessions at PG and SG. There's 96 mins to go around between Baron, Gordon, and Sessions. Each will get around 30 mins.

- You CANNOT count on Baron to play a full season. It just won't happen. He'll miss 20+ games. Plus no one knows if he can stay motivated for a full season. Dunleavy is aware of this, as he tried to trade him last season. And yes, it is possible to trade him(see Randolph, Zach). He's been given another chance, but should he falter, believe me, Dun is ready to have Sessions as his starting 1 from that point on.

- A.I. was just a sexy topic, but the Clips are way more interested in Ramon.

At the end of the day, I won't be surprised if the Bucks match. I'm not expecting Ramon to be a Clipper. I just believe the Clippers value him very much and are trying their hardest to obtain him. Just an outsider's opinions.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#100 » by emunney » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:29 am

To add to The Dude's post, I think Alexander is quicker this year despite or because of his weight gain. A couple of those SL drives were ridiculous. In the Bulls game he was all the way past Taj Gibson before Gibson could flinch.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks