Hawks trades / acquisitions roundup

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Hawks trades / acquisitions roundup 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Blackhawks trading season moves:

Out: C-W Tommy Wingels, W Richard Panik, LW Ryan Hartman, 2018 5thRD, D Michael Kempny, D Ville Pokka, D Laurent Dauphin, F Kyle Baun

In: F Andreas Martinsen, LW Anthony Duclair, D Adam Clendening, F Chris DiDomenico, 2018 3rdRD (Capitals), F Victor Ejdsell, 2018 1stRD (Preds), 2018 4thRD (Preds), 2019 4th/5th (Bruins, conditions are past 1st round or resign 4th -if not then 5th)

Overall I thought Bowman crushed it. Other than the Rangers, the Hawks really seemed to get good return for players I don’t think figured into our big picture. Duclair so far is a bit of a mystery, but when he is engaged you clearly see his talent and a nose for the puck. Clendening / DiDomenico both at one point were considered top line guys that now are merely depth / insurance players. The most exciting acquisition is Ejdsell. He has excelled in Sweden and should figure into the Hawks rotation next season. Stan got 4 nice picks to accompany our upcoming top 10 selection. Unfortunately I (and most experts) feel this is not going to be a strong draft. The #1 pick is already penciled in to the lottery winner and while Dahlman is going to be a nice top 4 dman I don’t see the EK comparisons some claim. Karlsson is the rare winger / defenseman hybrid that you just don’t see ever and I am not going to think that some junior tape is going to convince me of that.

The draft can’t come quick enough and I think some much needed rest for our franchise players is long overdue. We NEED Keith, Seabrook, Toews, and Kane (and Q for that matter) to take some time and rest so that they are ready for next season.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Blackhawks