Image Image Image Image

Blackhawks Hoist Lord Stanley's Cup Again!!

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#21 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:09 am

I'd also like to point out that all those that said they'd stick around... BOS!! I am the only one posting for over a week now!!! Draft is in 4 days people..... Sad

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#22 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Just got back from seeing all the trophies!!!! Super cool, cup is not as large up close as my dreams but still beautiful for an old gal. 100s of jerseys there and easily 95% Hawks as usual... I saw a CBJ jersey on a kid, just looked odd. Funny thing... I'm like 6'2 200 and certainly fit the look profile I suppose of an NHLer and was wearing a low hat and my son and I got some lunch while there and all these kids in Hawks jerseys were starrimg and pointing at me for an hour it was hilarious....

Yes.... I could have said I'm not a player.... But why ruin THEIR fun right lol ;)

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Blackhawks Hoist Lord Stanley's Cup Again!! 

Post#23 » by TNBT » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:37 am

GRADEN wrote:I'd also like to point out that all those that said they'd stick around... BOS!! I am the only one posting for over a week now!!! Draft is in 4 days people..... Sad

I'd love to be able to post more, but life gets in the way unfortunately. I'll still be around, just may not be able to post all the time.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#24 » by TNBT » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:39 am

Oh, and as for the Cup... I couldn't sleep last night and found a full game video of game 6 on YouTube, so I watched that on the big screen. I have to tell you, watching Toews lift the Cup over his head then kiss it never gets old.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,178

Post#25 » by molepharmer » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:07 pm

Yesterday the NHL Network was showing some of the finals games, and the parade. I made sure to DVR game 6. While I didn't watch the whole game again, I was sure to check-in from about the 16 min mark of the second period until the end. I still cheered loudly when the Hawks scored their goals even though I knew they were coming. Great atmosphere.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#26 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 4, 2015 8:45 pm

Yea city was on fire for sure... I remember the first parade, what a scene

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by TNBT » Sun Jul 5, 2015 8:57 am

molepharmer wrote:Yesterday the NHL Network was showing some of the finals games, and the parade. I made sure to DVR game 6. While I didn't watch the whole game again, I was sure to check-in from about the 16 min mark of the second period until the end. I still cheered loudly when the Hawks scored their goals even though I knew they were coming. Great atmosphere.

I know what you mean. As I said before, I was watching game 6 again the other night and even though I obviously know we won, I still found myself biting my nails as time ran down and every time the puck stuck in our end for a long time. It's ridiculous yet kind of awesome to be able to watch the game again, knowing the result, and still get so invested in the game.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks