Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Around the NHL 

Post#21 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:03 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
TNBT wrote:Just read an article about the FBI investigating threats made against Nick Leddy on social media. Most of the time you just laugh at idiot tough guys online, so for the feds to be investigating it, there must be something more substantial to it. Have any of you guys heard anything about what this situation is about?

Yeah, apparently some stalker (speculation) was harassing Leddy & his family on Twitter posting pictures of Leddy's driver's license & a credit card they had somehow come in contact with and sending threatening messages. They also did the same with another unnamed teammate and it was going on for a few months. The Twitter account has been suspended and the FBI said Leddy & his family are safe. They didn't go in to detail as if this person is from Minnesota, Illinois or New York.

It sounds like a woman who had met Leddy in some capacity (not romantically) and kept posting pictures of her and him.

Interesting. It does make me wonder though that if this woman wasn't sleeping with him, then how on Earth did she get her hands on his license and credit cards to take photos of them?
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#22 » by molepharmer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Cap number is suppose to come out today. Main speculation is at ~$71 mil but some have suggested as low as $68 and as high as $73.

Update added: cap is at $71.4 mil
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#23 » by molepharmer » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:31 pm

The new TV deal looks like it could add ~$2.4 mil to each team's cap number next year. That's good for the league and especially good for the Blackhawks if the projection becomes reality. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the current situation of being over the cap this year.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Around the NHL 

Post#24 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 6, 2015 1:40 pm

Any chance we can get creative with the accounting and stash someone in Rockford or something this year until the new cap increase comes in?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#25 » by molepharmer » Mon Aug 8, 2016 5:05 pm

TNBT wrote:Any chance we can get creative with the accounting and stash someone in Rockford or something this year until the new cap increase comes in?

I doubt it. As it stands now, the Blackhawks already look to have 8-10 players making under $1,000,000. There'll probably be a shuttle bus running between Chicago and Rockford for the first couple of months of the season while Q tries to find out what lineup/players he likes the most (Hartman, Schmaltz, Motte, Hinostroza, Gustafsson, Svedberg, Pokka, Kempny, McNeil, Baun, Kero, etc).

I think that because of the expansion draft next season, Hawks may want to keep some of these guys (e.g. Pokka) in Rockford so they aren't exposed - but I'm not completely sure on the expansion draft rules regarding protection and eligibility.
'
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by TNBT » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:37 pm

I just read an interesting article on our potential forward lines. After the year they had last year, it would seem crazy to break up the Panarin - Anisimov - Kane line, but the article made some interesting points.

Q has said multiple times that he wants to move Hossa off that first line and onto a third or fourth line. In that instance, the article suggested we pair Toews and Kane on that first line to give better balance.

That would mean we'd need to fill the RW spit on the second line, and someone like Hinostroza could slot in there nicely. He's a talented offensive player with speed, although he isn't very big, but that same description could be used for Kane as well. Now obviously Vinny isn't on the same level as Kane talent-wise, but he plays a similar style. He (or another offensive-minded guy like Motte) would benefit greatly from starting their NHL careers in a line with the talent of Panarin and Anisimov, and would likely fit in well.

That then leaves the LW spot on the first line to fill. The article mentions that Panik has been considered as an option and that he has had success up there in the past, but also mentions s guy like Jimmy Vesey as a potential option if we can get him, or another younger player. That's leave us with something like this:

Vesey/Panik/Etc - Toews - Kane

Panarin - Anisimov - Hinostroza/Motte/Etc

Some combination of Schmaltz/Hartman/Kero/Baun/Etc alongside Hossa

Desjardins - Kruger - Tootoo

That does give us pretty good balance. The fourth line stays virtually the same, except for Tootoo replacing Shaw as that physical presence on the line. On the top two lines, we have two proven vets on each line, which allows us to line up a prospect at the other spit on each line, which would be great for their development. The only real question mark would be who joins Hossa on the third line, but the mere presence of Hossa should mean the line is at least reasonably solid and productive.

What do you guys think of the idea?

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by TNBT » Wed Oct 5, 2016 7:11 pm

Oilers name Connor McDavid captain. He becomes the youngest captain in NHL history.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks