GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Roster Moves and Injuries 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:14 am

10-17
Cuminskey to Rockford (was a healthy scratch), Rozisval to play 10/18

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Edited the thread title to also include any injury news, even if it doesn't result in a roster move
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Roster Moves (last update 10-17-14) 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Prior move of note: Mashinter in Rockford now as they are giving first opportunities to Carcillo

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Roster Moves (last update 10-17-14) 

Post#3 » by TNBT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for the updates GRADEN.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Roster Moves and Injuries (last update 10-17-14) 

Post#4 » by TNBT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:45 pm

As commented in the game thread, just heard that Crawford is day-to-day with an upper-body injury, leaving Raanta in net. We've also called up Scott Darling to back up Raanta.

Also Versteeg is making his first appearance for the season against the Flyers.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:42 am

Note on darling.... Killed it his first to starts with rock... .948 in that league? Sick.

That kind of play even with a SO tonight makes Raanta on a 2-3 game leash

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#6 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:34 am

Good to know we have Darling here and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing him. Q should give him a start if Crawford is out for any extended time.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:46 pm

Darling back to rock 11-1

2-1 .933 1.98ga

Really good numbers obviously a little up and down but solid debuts

GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Roster Moves and Injuries (last update Nov 1 2014) 

Post#8 » by GRADEN » Thu Nov 6, 2014 12:53 am

Carcillo out a month, sharp likely 4-5 games

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Roster Moves and Injuries (last update Nov 1 2014) 

Post#9 » by TNBT » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:03 am

GRADEN wrote:Carcillo out a month, sharp likely 4-5 games

Been hearing today that Sharp will miss "at least" a month as well. Not sure how you replace such a great two-way player with prospects, but I guess Saad, Morin, Smith, Versteeg will all probably get a shot at filling Sharp's spot. Ideally I'd love to see Bickell get his ass moving and be a consistent net-front presence like he has been at times in the playoffs over the last couple of years, but that doesn't seem likely.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Roster Moves and Injuries 

Post#10 » by TNBT » Thu Nov 6, 2014 8:46 am

I'm interested in who you guys think will be promoted to fill Sharp's spot, and what line rearranging will happen as well.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GRADEN » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:39 pm

Yo.... I laughed at the two-way sharp comment... That is something he is not... He is average at best as a defensive winger. His back pursuit and "lift" in terms of stick defense is poor. U want to know whom is the best defensive player on the team then don't look at Keith or Toews or Crawford.... It's all day Hjalmarson... Hands down one of the best defenders in the game.

Whom I think they'll give a shot and whom I think are two different guys.... Is Mashinter ready? Move up morin a line and heck I'd say Regin will get the shot but I'd give it to Rasmussen... That'd be my guess

johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#12 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 12:52 pm

GRADEN wrote:Yo.... I laughed at the two-way sharp comment... That is something he is not... He is average at best as a defensive winger. His back pursuit and "lift" in terms of stick defense is poor. U want to know whom is the best defensive player on the team then don't look at Keith or Toews or Crawford.... It's all day Hjalmarson... Hands down one of the best defenders in the game.

Whom I think they'll give a shot and whom I think are two different guys.... Is Mashinter ready? Move up morin a line and heck I'd say Regin will get the shot but I'd give it to Rasmussen... That'd be my guess

I think Hjalmarsson is highly underrated, solid as a rock and one of, if not the best, PK man in the NHL and one of the best defensemen on the planet. So technically sound. Every kid out there who wants to be a defenseman, should watch him play. The way he uses his body, the angles he takes, Everything.

But Dunc is just a beast of a defenseman. All time great. HOFer, guaranteed. Hard to say Niklas is a better defender, though he does some things better. They excel at a few different things.

I think Sharp is above average as a defensive winger. He kinda gets a bad rap about his D. He usually wins his battles in the corners (more with veteran savvy, than anything) and is IQ on the ice is such an advantage. The Hawks will miss him, although it won't seem so as much after coming out of a mini slump.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#13 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 1:08 pm

Hawks recalled Peter Regin from Rockford, yesterday.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#14 » by GRADEN » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:50 pm

Oh I'm not knocking Duncan.... His skating and closing is top tier and he is a fantastic two way Dman.... HoF easy.

You it's funny on Niklas because his first season after the whole sharks offer mess he had an AWFUL season and I was really annoyed... Then he had an OK like 3rd line season then the last 2 he has been elite legit number 1 one way defenseman. His angles, stick, and blocking ability is top 5 in all categories in the league.... I saw him walking a few years back near EBC and holy crap I couldn't believe how huge he was. On the flip side sharp looked small (I'm 6'1.5 -190 btw) when I saw him once.

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#15 » by GRADEN » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:41 pm

They swapped Nordstrom for Regin and also darling for Raanta

I have to say I'm just not a long term project fan of nordstroms... He is a plus in some areas but not our overall scheme.... Aka just not a fit for OUR team... I much rather see Rasmussen... Why is this kid not in the NHL??

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by TNBT » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Just been reading that we're going to be missing TVR for quite a while. Really sucks to hear that after the kid had worked so hard to crack the roster, then the rotation. I'm hoping he doesn't miss too much time and can come back and fit back in to his old spot with Rozsival.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#17 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:42 am

TNBT wrote:Just been reading that we're going to be missing TVR for quite a while. Really sucks to hear that after the kid had worked so hard to crack the roster, then the rotation. I'm hoping he doesn't miss too much time and can come back and fit back in to his old spot with Rozsival.

Out for a minimum of 10 games.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#18 » by GRADEN » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:42 am

Whom comes up.... Better not be Runblad... That guy is not a hawk I'm telling ya

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by TNBT » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
TNBT wrote:Just been reading that we're going to be missing TVR for quite a while. Really sucks to hear that after the kid had worked so hard to crack the roster, then the rotation. I'm hoping he doesn't miss too much time and can come back and fit back in to his old spot with Rozsival.

Out for a minimum of 10 games.

Out for two to three months, according to WireTap.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GRADEN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Johns up then they opted for Clendening after practice

Return to Chicago Blackhawks