Roster Moves and Injuries

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Roster Moves and Injuries 

Post#41 » by TNBT » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:26 pm

I have to admit, I really want to see Dano and Danault on the same line someday.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#42 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:47 am

Hawks waived David Rundblad today and they're hoping that he clears and they can send him to Rockford and maybe do a Bickell type wakeup call. Stan Bowman said they don't like waiving players because they could get claimed.

Hawks can't exactly afford to lose any more d-men, no matter the talent level.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#43 » by TNBT » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:25 am

It makes me wonder what's going on with this group of players when done guys are needing wakeup calls. I mean they're lucky enough to play on one of the best teams in recent memory.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#44 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:47 am

TNBT wrote:It makes me wonder what's going on with this group of players when done guys are needing wakeup calls. I mean they're lucky enough to play on one of the best teams in recent memory.

I think it's a lot more the Hawks would love to have someone claim the players they wave in the cases of Rundblad & Bickell. It's cap manipulation to a point. Problem is the players just aren't good enough for what they're paid, but every GM knows it. Playing for the Hawks or not, they're just not very good. Bicks got paid off a stellar postseason. Rundblad is being paid off the need for defensemen. If there was no cap penalty &/or owing them money, the Hawks would have cut them both long ago. And if you're a rival GM, barring injury, why trade for someone that you know eventually will be bought out and released?
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#45 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Hawks also announced today that Rundblad was actually re-assigned and not waived (meaning he had to agree to a demotion. Obviously he wanted to still be a part of the Hawks) as originally reported. Maybe they didn't want to risk him being claimed.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#46 » by TNBT » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Just wondering what you guys think of Panik, and where he fits in? I just read his profile on TSN and they say he has good size and skills, especially scoring instincts, but needs to improve defensively. Do you guys think he cracks the NHL squad? If so, where does he play?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#47 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 am

I think he does eventually (most likely to injury or if someone like Mashinter slumps). It's just a matter of time before Q gives him a chance here and there.

Basically, anytime you can turn someone that's total garbage in Jeremy Morin into anything, it's a plus.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#48 » by ADDinChicago » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Bickell back to Rockford after going unclaimed yet again.

Oh well, off to tonight's game I go.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#49 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:35 am

Hawks sent Ryan Garbutt to the Ducks today for Jiri Sekac.

Sekac was basically unused in Anaheim and was once one of the most coveted Euro prospects with Artemi Panarin. I like the move and Garbutt wasn't bad, but he wasn't exactly "good". The Hawks have now traded away both players they got in the Patrick Sharp trade.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#50 » by TNBT » Sun Feb 7, 2016 12:05 pm

I don't know much about Sekac. What sort of player is he? Where do you project him ending up?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#51 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:26 am

Better than Garbutt, but most likely not a long-term solution. He's a place holder until someone from Rockford is ready to be up.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#52 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Hawks have waived Rob Scuderi today for cap purposes. Combine that with Kruger's money slot and possibly Hossa's and a trade could be brewing
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by TNBT » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:39 am

Yep, I think it gives us a touch over $3 million, if I remember correctly?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#54 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:17 am

Speculation is running rampant that Bryan Bickell will be traded to the Maple Leafs before the deadline. Hallelujah, get it done, Stan.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#55 » by TNBT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:11 am

Breaking - Andrew Ladd traded to Chicago for Dano, a 1st rounder and a conditional 3rd rounder, I believe.we also got a couple of other guys in the deal who both appear to be AHL'ers.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#56 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 am

Great move for the Hawks. Dano might be something down the line, but it wasn't going to be here as it is. And Ladd most likely, barring a miracle is a rental. So it's a good win now type of move. He can't hurt as the Hawks seem to have forgotten how to score again.

And some are whining the Hawks gave up a first in a deep draft, but they can't exactly afford to keep adding high priced talent going forward, especially with the cap reductions coming (thanks bad Canadian dollar). More moves will be made this summer, and not of the good kind.

This deal (for Ladd, no names had been mentioned as to the Hawks would send back) started to gain steam over the weekend (much like the Bickell deal) and I was a little surprised it happened now and not Monday, but good on Stan to jump the gun and not wait. Perhaps he's not totally done.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#57 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:32 am

The moves continue, the Hawks have traded D Rob Scuderi to the Kings for D Christian Ehrhoff. Hawks pay 50% of RS' deal, Kings will pay 15% of CE's.

Hawks are also trying to free up cash for the eventual re-signing of Panarin. Work your magic, Stan.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#58 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:49 am

How do you rank Ehrhoff compared to Scuderi? Like will he be a better player? Is he likely to crack the rotation?

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:51 am

Also, we've just landed Fleischmann and Weise from Montreal in return for Danault and pick(s).

I'm not sure I like this deal as I like what Danault was developing into as a player, but maybe it was a cap space move?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#60 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:10 am

Cap space and more stability for the playoffs.

Playoffs:

Ladd - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Weise - Teravainen - Shaw
Desjardins - Kruger - Mashinter/Fleischmann

Good lord.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks