Image Image Image Image

Hawks get Ducks / no home ice

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Hawks get Ducks / no home ice 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Guys when I saw the replay of the live game of Perry I thought 100% he blew out his knee. I have no clue how he is not in surgery right now. It was a complete Willis McGahee type of bend back (YouTube if u dare).

Nevertheless we get them and it is going to be tough tough going for 3 reasons, in this order....

1. Scoring at least at a 2.5 clip against Anderson (GAA under 2 for playoffs)
2. Dealing with their size in both net presence and board battles
3. Winning on their ice

We will have to do ALL 3 of these things guys.... On paper right now and throughout the season they have been the scariest team in the league.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Hawks get Ducks / no home ice 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Tue May 12, 2015 1:34 am

Split the first 2 games in Anaheim, and the Hawks will be in good shape. They're a better team. More fluid. Faster. Smarter. Had the Hawks played in the Pacific, they'd have had the top record. Usually, I care about home ice. Not so much in this case. The Hawks played (and have played) this season very well against the Ducks. I still think the Hawks' toughest test this postseason route was the Predators just because they're so similar. A lot of people thought this was the Wild's year to give the Hawks a tough series with their goalie and the Hawks swept them. The Hawks, especially with Kane, continue to impress and look like the last 2 times they hoisted the Cup by they way they're playing.

Canadiens, Rangers & Blues toward the end were all "scarier" regular season teams.

Hawks in 6.
Beryl 96
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Beryl 96 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:30 am

The series I've been dreading for years, my two favorite teams...Hawks are the proven team, with more high end players and better coaching, smart money would be on them. But Anaheim is hungry, with the bitter taste of playoff failures the past couple of years, and has plenty of skill, depth, speed and grit. They're also well rested and seem to have shown they likely won't come out slow because of it. Should be a great series.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Wed May 13, 2015 12:55 pm

It's going to be a tough matchup, but when the Hawks are at their best (as they appear to be now), they can beat anyone.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Game 1 Sunday afternoon at the Pond. For some reason they still can't release the rest of the schedule.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks