Post#1 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Nooooooooo

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Saad gooooone! Noooooooooo 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 pm

I've given myself 30 minutes to reflect......

Yep still really pissed off. This is (my gut instinct) us asking too much for Dirk Digler and getting burned and thus forced into taking this crap deal.

Saad is SUPERSTAR.... Heck Lucic is worth 2 first round picks..??.???.?,!.! And we get a couple 3rd and 4th line guys and a junk 4th rounder WHILE also giving up a nice prospect in MP???? RFA I get it but that still retains the player and comp and contract negotiation rights...

Morin doesn't work at our NHL level, we already know this....

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Saad is 22 and going to net them 67-75 points next year and be an all star and make all their players better

We keep losing deals.... And no picks in return

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Full deal:

CBJ gets:

LW Brandon Saad
D Alex Broadhurst
C Michael Paliotta

CHI gets:
C Artem Anisimov
--- 27 year old Russian, a lot of miles on his skates... Shot percentage down 3 straight years....decent passer, played better for Rangers than Jackets. Likely a move to fill Richards spot and suppose he'll do just fine in that role for us.

C Marko Dano
--- 20 year old Austrian clearly the gem of this trade for us and really the only redeemable asset with obtained. Can score, is quick with decisions and shows a very high ceiling. Former first rounder needs more strength still

RW Corey Tropp
--- 25 year old... Had some decent collegiate games where he looked like a top 50 player but at the majors was stuck on the 4th lines due to slender frame and inability to win board battles. Likely a 4th line trial guy and top 6 rockford guy.

LW Jeremy Morin
--- still only 24, spent 5 years with us and showed a little zip in Columbus but still projects to our 4th line with little to no further advancement

Columbus 2016 4th rounder : more than likely around pick 105-110

My take on this: if this deal was no Paliotta and sub Morin and their 4th for a 2016 1st I'd say it's a fair deal.... But this is not now is it

Marko Dano Better be a stud...

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Just looking at my prospects notes

Broadhurst I'm ok with losing as didn't think he projected well in our system but Paliotta was a decent prospect that maybe could have been a low ice time spark in the near future

Overall the pick compensation. Is just a joke

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:14 am

Where are u guys,,,,,

Bow says he loves Anisimov and will extend him... 3.3 hit

Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Re: Saad gooooone! Noooooooooo 

Post#7 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:14 am

All the Sharp deals must have us paying some salary, otherwise they would've been done by now. I have faith in Bowman, but this hurts.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#8 » by DJhitek » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:58 am

Saad wanted a lot of money, just can't keep everyone and Sharp would have been hard as hell to move. Necessary evil of having a ton of great talent in the NHL.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#9 » by GRADEN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:02 am

Yea yea I know.... But this one kills because he is 22!!!! Bicks [DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE]

theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#10 » by theagent » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:25 am

So......Hawks ain't repeating or winning another Stanley Cup anytime soon I see.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#11 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:59 am

GRADEN wrote:Saad is 22 and going to net them 67-75 points next year and be an all star and make all their players better

How did the Hawks "lose" this deal? And they got a pick back. You wanted to give Saad $40 mil over the next 6 and completely **** the cap further? People are acting like the Hawks dealt Toews away.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#12 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:00 am

theagent wrote:So......Hawks ain't repeating or winning another Stanley Cup anytime soon I see.

Yes, Brandon Saad was truly the linchpin... Columbus will now win 4 Cups in 6 years...
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#13 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:01 am

Bulls Fan 23 wrote:All the Sharp deals must have us paying some salary, otherwise they would've been done by now. I have faith in Bowman, but this hurts.

The offers for Sharp have been complete garbage. It's not even about paying some of the salary (which the Hawks are open to). It's about the absolute trash in player compensation that had been offered in exchange. But when you make as much as Sharp, are north of 30 and had as bad a season as he did, is anyone really surprised?
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#14 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:04 am

DJhitek wrote:Saad wanted a lot of money, just can't keep everyone and Sharp would have been hard as hell to move. Necessary evil of having a ton of great talent in the NHL.

He didn't just want "a lot of money". Word is now he wanted a deal on par with Toews & Kane.

He and his camp got greedy. And good for him, he's earned it. Just not with the Hawks. Go be a star on an awful team.

This is why I laughed my butt off at anyone who thought he was serious about a "discount". He's not some guy toward the end of his career chasing a Cup. He was going to get paid. And he got caught with a camera on him in the heat of the moment. The Hawks did everything they could up until this afternoon to re-sign him. He was going to take the largest offer sheet that came in, and Bowman did the right, but unpopular thing.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#15 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:05 am

GRADEN wrote:Where are u guys,,,,,

Work
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#16 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:50 am

GRADEN wrote:Where are u guys,,,,,

Bow says he loves Anisimov and will extend him... 3.3 hit

Sorry G, I've been at my girlfriends place with no internet and then at work and haven't been online since day 1 of the draft. Anisimov is a decent player and this young kid sounds like he could be something, but overall this was a truly horrific day to be a Blackhawks fan. You can call me crazy but I'd have given Sharp and/or Bickell away for free if that's what it took to keep Saad. The kid is a star at only 22 and is going to be a stud. We're lucky to have a decent prospect pool but there's no excuse for screwing this up.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#17 » by molepharmer » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:55 am

ADDinChicago wrote:
GRADEN wrote:Saad is 22 and going to net them 67-75 points next year and be an all star and make all their players better

How did the Hawks "lose" this deal? And they got a pick back. You wanted to give Saad $40 mil over the next 6 and completely **** the cap further? People are acting like the Hawks dealt Toews away.

A much as it hurts seeing Saad traded, a $6.5 mil AAV would cripple the Hawks even more. Over the next year or two, they'll need to look to either sign/re-sign Kruger, Shaw, Seabrook, Panarin and Teuvo or find quality replacements. And I'd much rather see Saad in the east than a team like Anaheim come in with an unmatchable offer sheet.

Many Columbus fans speak very highly of Dano and think he could be a stud in the future.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#18 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:15 pm

Just been reading up on Dano. Supposedly has good speed and strength, good hands and works hard at each end. All in all quite a nice pickup, but he's no Saad. Predicted to pan out as a good two-way second or third liner.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#19 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 1, 2015 4:47 pm

molepharmer wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:

A much as it hurts seeing Saad traded, a $6.5 mil AAV would cripple the Hawks even more. Over the next year or two, they'll need to look to either sign/re-sign Kruger, Shaw, Seabrook, Panarin and Teuvo or find quality replacements. And I'd much rather see Saad in the east than a team like Anaheim come in with an unmatchable offer sheet.

Many Columbus fans speak very highly of Dano and think he could be a stud in the future.

Exactly. And the offer sheet was supposedly coming from the Blues. By all means, ship him out east.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GRADEN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 9:50 pm

Couple days to lament.....

ADD I know where u stand on the team / Crow etc.... I simply lead with my heart and not my financial hat when I saw the news.... I mean I don't see Kessel Donuts or Lucic in the same light as Saad and while Saads RFA status forced a quick deal etc I really wanted the Kasperi / 1st rounders I see those guys returning ya know...

Anisimov gets a 5 year extension and Dano looks like a nice project potential Shaw replacement etc but I want picks so we can rebuild the bank so we have guys coming up "under our tutelage" that can be ready and replace a traded guy and all that

Saad is not Toews / Kane / keith / Seabs.... But he is a tough tough loss

Return to Chicago Blackhawks