Image Image Image Image

This seasons Linemates?

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

This seasons Linemates? 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Thu Oct 1, 2015 5:29 pm

Hey guys.... As ya'll know I've been swamped these past few months but I'm still working on my large preview before our first RS game... As I am a west coaster now I haven't been able to get much of the PS action... What have the lines been looking like...

Dano in top 6?
LV looking young again ready for Hjalmer pairing?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: This seasons Linemates? 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Thu Oct 1, 2015 5:39 pm

Dot com has garbutt ahead of shaw??? Is that what Q is showing?

Dano- toews - Hoss
Bicks - AA - Kane
Panarin - Tuevo - garbutt
ADJ - Kruger - shaw

Keith - Seabs
Daley - Hjalmer
TvR - Runblad

Crow - Darling

That's what they list... I'd say LubVish with Hjalmer and a Daley - TvR pairing after that with Runblad the extra D man... I'd go so far as putting ADJ - Anisimov - Kane, then Bicks - Tuevo - Shaw then Panarin - Kruger - Garbutt but that's just me

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Fri Oct 2, 2015 7:37 am

I'd go with this:

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Dano - Arnisimov - Kane
Bickell - Teravainen - Tikhonov
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Keith - Seabrook
Daley - Hjalmarsson
TVR - whoever

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#4 » by molepharmer » Fri Oct 2, 2015 12:28 pm

TNBT wrote:I'd go with this:

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Dano - Arnisimov - Kane
Bickell - Teravainen - Tikhonov
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Keith - Seabrook
Daley - Hjalmarsson
TVR - whoever

Only tweak I'd make would be to switch Dano and Panarin, but that's only based on the early training camp reports of Dano flourishing with Toews/Hossa.

I think Garbutt has a very good chance of making it onto one of the lines, but who he replaces, Bickell or Tikhonov is anybody's guess. Or if a trade occurs.

6th D-man seems to be Rundblad (who I think has looked bad defensively) or Roszival (maybe on LTIR). The other possibilites Gustafsson, Svedberg and Pokka simply haven't been consistent enough.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:44 pm

Bicks gone

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:46 pm

Wow dano Hartman pokka all sent to rock.... Kind of a surprise

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Fri Oct 2, 2015 6:11 pm

These moves scream that the lw is this:

Panarin - Garbutt - Tikhonov - ADJ

Toews - AA - Tuevo - Kruger

Hosea - Kane - Shaw - Baun

Keith - Seabs

Daley - Hjalmer

TvR - Runblad

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#8 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Oct 3, 2015 10:04 am

GRADEN wrote:Wow dano Hartman pokka all sent to rock.... Kind of a surprise

Dano appears to be a formality until Bickell clears waivers and a few other things are cemented. They want Dano to get as much ice time as possible and are looking at "alternatives" as players get waived around the league.

The other demotions don't surprise me in the least because of the cap and wanting to get some of these younger guys as much time as possible.

I really don't think Bowman's done dealing either. Someone like a Hartman (not saying it'll be him) is going to get traded. And when it happens, as usual, most Hawks fans will say WTF and then get it down the line.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by TNBT » Sat Oct 3, 2015 2:39 pm

I was surprised to see Dano sent down, as everything seemed to be pointing to him looking good. I thought a top-6 spot was a lock for him. Do you guy think once Bickell clears waivers and is gone, that Dano will come back up? Or do they want to give him a while at AHL level to get some more ice time?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#10 » by ADDinChicago » Sun Oct 4, 2015 5:49 am

I don't Dano will be back with the main club until needed. I think they'd want him to play as much as possible, and right now that would be at Rockford. I also don't think it's a lock he's back once Bickell is off the active roster in some capacity. I really think the Hawks are going to try and add another piece or two off the scrap heap of the NHL.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by TNBT » Sun Oct 4, 2015 9:43 am

So you think they'll give him a while down at Rockford and try and find someone off the scrap heap to fill a spot until they think Dano is ready?

molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#12 » by molepharmer » Sun Oct 4, 2015 1:20 pm

Unless there's a trade, the bottom forwards (#11,12,13) currently up with the big club would appear to be:

11 - Bickell
12/13 - Baun / Tikhonov

I don't think they'd keep Bickell up and then have him not dress. Might as well send him to Rockford to get some cap savings if that's the case. Baun has been iffy at best (IMHO) and a regular season game like last night's preseason game and he'll be sent packing. Tikhonov, hard to get a reading on what the brass thinks about him, or their plans.

The brass seemed to like Paille who's been assigned to Rockford (PTO) and he brings vet experience. So it's possible he'd get the first call from Rockford. Highly doubt they'd bring up Dano and not have him regularly dressed for the games. If Bickell stays then #12 forward is a fight between Baun, Tikhonov, Paille (IMO) and Dano. Hard for me to imagine there's anything much better out there on the NHL scrapheap.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#13 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Oct 5, 2015 8:58 am

TNBT wrote:So you think they'll give him a while down at Rockford and try and find someone off the scrap heap to fill a spot until they think Dano is ready?

Pretty much, unless there's an injury or Dano really excels at Rockford. More cap manipulation as well for the Hawks.

I too think the guy might be Paille after he took the minor league deal when he was cut.

I think a lot depends on if Bickell will take the long-term IR stint or if he wants to actually play in Rockford. Some say it might have just been a "wake up call" for Bicks, others are saying the Hawks basically want him to go away.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by TNBT » Tue Oct 6, 2015 9:20 am

Well if you guys are right, we have a group of forwards something like this:

Toews, Hossa, Kane, Anisimov, Panarin, Teravainen, Shaw, Kruger, Desjardin

That's 9 guys, so I'm assuming that if we don't want Bickell gone then he will take one of those spots. That would leave two spots between Tikhonov, Paille, Baun and Dano. In that case, we're looking for depth guys, so that would rule Dano out as they'd probably rather he play top line minutes in Rockford. So the way I see it, assuming Bickell is still wanted, is Tikhonov, Baun and Paille will battle for those last two forward spots, with one missing out.

molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#15 » by molepharmer » Tue Oct 6, 2015 12:47 pm

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/05/teuvo-teravainen-to-join-jonathan-toews-marian-hossa-on-blackhawks-top-line/
...The team’s second line at practice Monday was Artemi Panarin-Artem Anisimov-Patriack. The third line was Bryan Bickell-Andrew Shaw-Kyle Baun, and the fourth line was Andrew Desjardins-Marcus Kruger-Ryan Garbutt.

TT - JT - Hossa
Panarin - Anisomov - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Baun
ADJ - Kruger - Garbutt

Have no idea who the 5/6 D-men will be. Gotta think TVR is one of them.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#16 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:40 pm

TVR has to be one of them.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by TNBT » Wed Oct 7, 2015 8:09 am

molepharmer wrote:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/05/teuvo-teravainen-to-join-jonathan-toews-marian-hossa-on-blackhawks-top-line/
...The team’s second line at practice Monday was Artemi Panarin-Artem Anisimov-Patriack. The third line was Bryan Bickell-Andrew Shaw-Kyle Baun, and the fourth line was Andrew Desjardins-Marcus Kruger-Ryan Garbutt.

TT - JT - Hossa
Panarin - Anisomov - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Baun
ADJ - Kruger - Garbutt

Have no idea who the 5/6 D-men will be. Gotta think TVR is one of them.

I don't mind those lines at all, but I'd swap Baun for Tikhonov.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks