2016 NHL Draft Thread

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

2016 NHL Draft Thread 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Hoping we can get a few people in here to chat about the draft. Just wondering what positions and any specific targets you think we will or should go after?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: 2016 NHL Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:04 am

Shaw traded to Montreal for two 2nd round picks.

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by TNBT » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:22 am

Still waiting for our first pick... Who are you expecting/hoping for?

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 am

Yo... Long time :)

I see there is just u here, anyone else posting much?

Tuevo traded :( but rids of Bicks deal and nets us 2 picks

So we get 3 picks in that sweet spot early-mid 2nd that has gotten guys like bolland etc... We need some talent here to replenish our ranks....

Oh note, wow the top of this draft is just insane.... Those top 3 guys of AM, PL, and JPul should all be top 50 NHLers before they are 21... They are that dominant. Then there are about another 5-6 guys that look like early all stars... It's an every decade type of draft.... Good for the terrible Coyotes getting 2 guys in the first that can help shape them... Jakob is going to be real good.

Those 3 fins Laine, Puljujarvi, and Olli... Wow - ever been a trio of guys playing at same time this good? Also wonder how many times idiot Americans on tv or radio will call him "Lane" and not "Li-nay"
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#5 » by waffle » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:55 pm

I love the NHL draft for some reason. Like our picks so far. a 5'7" scoring machine? Sounds like fun to me.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by TNBT » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:35 pm

GRADEN wrote:Yo... Long time :)

I see there is just u here, anyone else posting much?

Tuevo traded :( but rids of Bicks deal and nets us 2 picks

So we get 3 picks in that sweet spot early-mid 2nd that has gotten guys like bolland etc... We need some talent here to replenish our ranks....

Oh note, wow the top of this draft is just insane.... Those top 3 guys of AM, PL, and JPul should all be top 50 NHLers before they are 21... They are that dominant. Then there are about another 5-6 guys that look like early all stars... It's an every decade type of draft.... Good for the terrible Coyotes getting 2 guys in the first that can help shape them... Jakob is going to be real good.

Those 3 fins Laine, Puljujarvi, and Olli... Wow - ever been a trio of guys playing at same time this good? Also wonder how many times idiot Americans on tv or radio will call him "Lane" and not "Li-nay"

Hey G, it's been a while. Where have you been? It's been pretty quiet around here as I haven't been able to get online as much as I'd like, and I think ADD is the only other regular around here. It's good to see a few new names pop up every now and then though,

As for the draft, I haven't had a chance to assess it yet as I've been working the last few days, but on my brief look I noticed that we haven't got much size. I think one guy was like 6'3 and everyone else was 6'0 or smaller. Apparently we've picked guys with high-end talent, but do you think the lack of size will come back to hurt is? I mean Kane isn't a big guy and he's done really well, but there's not many guys as good as Kane out there.

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by TNBT » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:37 pm

waffle wrote:I love the NHL draft for some reason. Like our picks so far. a 5'7" scoring machine? Sounds like fun to me.

It sounds like he's got plenty of skill. I just hope he doesn't become roadkill when hit by some 6'5 defenseman.

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#8 » by GRADEN » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Has back to back 50 goal / 100+ point seasons in the OHL.... Basically it's insane.... He is tiny but his rankings across 4-5 services were about 15-20 on average and we got him at 38 so take it for what it's worth.... At the very least he'll draw penalties and / or slip in to shooting positions with ease.

Kudos for the Hawks taking my favorite goalie prospect, I screamed when I saw the pick.... He is only 17!!!!! And already good... Needs some glove side work but is really good post to post and takes good angles to shots. He is a 3-4 year project and will be interesting to see him add weight and work on his left side catch but wow Peeters could be a top tier goalie guys I'm telling ya....

I knew a fair amount about Peeters but will dive into the rest later... Overall we got some good talent to help out our depleted ranks... We've lost sooooo much chasing cups recently it's scary

Return to Chicago Blackhawks