Image Image Image Image

Time to appreciate the new Golden Age

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Time to appreciate the new Golden Age 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed but dang the last 10-11 drafts have produced about a dozen "once a decade" type of franchise altering guys...

Just the last 2 alone have produced 4 can't miss HOF type guys... one of whom is leading the league in points at 19 years old... now remind 10 drafts from Connor McDavid to thee premier guy in Sidney Crosby....

Here is a fun stat / perspective: think of Hossa's career and current age.... think on it, 1000+ points / Stanley cups..... ok now think of the fact that Crosby ALREADY has about that at a young 29!!!!! not to mention all the time he has missed... he will likely finish his career around 1500 points...

Patrick Laine, Auston Matthews, Vladimir Taresenko, Jack Eichel, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Evegeni Malkin, Tyler Seguin, Artemi Panarin, Jaimie Bennett, Jeff Skinner, Nik Backstrom, Steven Stamkos, Tuuka Rask, Victor Hedman, John Tavares, Alex Ovechkin, Nathan MacKinnon, the twins, Matt Duchene, Alex Barkov....

While the next few drafts don't look elite, Nolan Patrick will certainly be a nice player... a 2way guy that will win a lot of games....

There are a ton more guys not on that list too...

We are extremely lucky that the next 6-10 years at least looks like a decade of all time high level hockey.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Time to appreciate the new Golden Age 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:30 am

You're right about all the talent these days. Hopefully DeBrincat, Schmaltz, Motte, Hinostroza, etc can make it to that list eventually.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Hahahgahaggahahaga ummm no
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am

I said "hopefully", not that I'm expecting it.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Yea hockey is definitely , in my opinion, a sport in which it's easier to identify a translation of talent to a pro level..., thus most of the top 5 picks are great to at the very least NHL contributors where as Anthony Bennett is out of the NBA... MLB picks go through 10 minor levels and oft are injured... and NFL has more misses in top 10 picks then anyone... it's the NHL where you have the best idea of whom will succed... just my take

Return to Chicago Blackhawks