Image Image Image Image

Last 4 games: Van, Pitt, Tor, VGK (attended)

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Last 4 games: Van, Pitt, Tor, VGK (attended) 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:16 pm

So we just took 7/8 points against 4 good teams after abandoning the dump and non-retrieve aspect of our scheme.

Not only that but we have stuck with the Strome line with Kane and Kat. It’s a killer line, quick and skilled.

I went to the knights game (in full Hossa gear) and let me tell you it started really bad for the Hawks... the fact that we hunkered down and scored 5 unanswered is soooo encouraging.

My real time take on the players:

Toews played awful: FO doesn’t seem to get low enough right now, complains to refs about everything, and did not have any lift on any shots or passes... is this an injury where he can’t flex low I don’t know but it’s been noticeable.

Seabrook is slow slow slow but I got to say when u see him up close and can hear him out there it’s amazing. He jokes and communicates with his team like no one else. Does he play well anymore? No, he is noticeably declining out there... but wow does his team enjoy him as a person.... that’s his true value, and it’s obvious when the cameras aren’t on.

De Haan is pretty good, he is not a top pair guy but he is a nice second pairing guy. I enjoyed his game.

Keith looks fast again... his retrieval and his catchup D was very good on Wednesday night.

Kane picks his spots and never over skates... his 10 seconds of kill at the end of the game with EN was wow to me... and that goal with Strome and cat was sooooo fast and u heard the shot inside T-Mobile like a lighting strike.

Ok so I don’t know how it looks on tv but Dylan Strome played the best he has ever played.... he was insane Wednesday... he was tough, fast, and super skilled. He is 100% a dynamite passer. I absolutely loved what I saw from him... he was our best player.

Nylander was a little all over the place for me, you could see that he is skilled with the puck and kinda lost without a drive taking place.

I know crow got praise for the game, but live I didn’t think he was that on or anything... his saves were not as high danger as Fleury had... his breakaway saves were ones that the knights either lost or shot wide... Stones breakaway he lost the puck and u could hear him screaming about it. And as usual, Crawford played a lot of pucks in Trap that he shouldn’t have or that he held too long... overall it was a C - C+ game and nothing more.

On Dach, first period he was getting physically outmatched... mcNabb / Hague / RR / stone all overpowering him... 2nd period he really wasn’t out there much at all.... but 3rd period wow he really skated well and came back after the head to head hit with McNabb with focus... I loved watching him get gritty after 3 hard hits. But he is clearly not strong at all right now and that’s totally normal at 18 vs 27-32 year old 10 year veterans.

Ryan Carpenter got about 30secs of FaceTime and got a huge round of cheers btw, he knew about it and it clearly meant a lot to him.... I also loved him in the game, he is all out and his FO tenacity is hilarious and awesome to watch.

Boqvist was ok, I think he is really thinking when he moves the puck. He is a look first pass second d right now instead of knowing the spots.

Saad works his butt off out there... he is strong and really matched up well against max / stone / stas/ wild bill all game.

Toews and Seabs were bad though guys... it was obvious to watch.

Btw the refs thought this whole game was a good time, they were clowning with one another or players entire time cams weren’t on... not sure what they were drinking. They were having too good a time.

Strome, Saad, Kane 3 stars
Toews, Seabs, Nylander 3 duds
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: Last 4 games: Van, Pitt, Tor, VGK (attended) 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Also I know it wasn’t shown: the puck was dropped by an army dog... was awesome and Toews and Nate has huge smiles entire time...

Return to Chicago Blackhawks