Image Image Image Image

Thoughts on first 2 games (0-2 to TBL)

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Thoughts on first 2 games (0-2 to TBL) 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Watched every second and got to say that 1st period of game 2 was everything I dreamed. They played outstanding for that first 12mins just couldn’t get it past the best goalie in the world.

Overall... kind of what I thought;

1. That Mitchell is way better than any of the other D prospects we have. His second level passing is his #1 strength.

2. We don’t have an NHL goalie. Obviously, Delia at best is a backup and Subban is wildly inconsistent and has zero rebound control.

3. Kane is on an island. Strome can’t center him and Suter is likely better at wing to finish drives. Soderberg may actually be the end fit.

4. Boqvist is in trouble. He has made 7 huge turnovers that I’ve seen already. He takes for granted the back dump pass every time and teams steal these lines. He looks a mess. I’m going to say it: he needs to stop worrying about fashion and being a cool dude and more about hockey. I’ve seen it all for him, this is what he presents to me at this early age.

5. I like DeBrincats game right now, he has added a layer of grit to his skill and I’m digging it.

6. Keith and Murphy don’t look like a match. Zadorov needs to stop weaving through the middle ice to dump.

7. Pretty clear we have 1/2 the guys out of shape... Zadorov, Boqvist, Delia, Janmark, Strome I’m looking at those guys

Return to Chicago Blackhawks