Image Image Image Image

Is it time to trade Kane?

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Is it time to trade Kane? 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 pm

Answer is clearly no... because with 3 years left and hopefully good hockey ahead for Dach you are going to want him to have an elite wing to help that development.

However, to sell now at 32 while he is still at this elite playmaking level is very tempting.

He would have to agree to the deal as well so I imagine only a few spots would tempt him to move... have to think hometown Buffalo, Rangers, Bruins, Vegas all in the yes I’d consider it list.

So just looking at those teams and how it could get done I’m really starting at Boston.

They are down this year... not a typical Bruins roster. They need either an elite wing or D man. Problem is that they’d need to include Krecji in a deal with Kane. Would they do that? He is in his final year of deal.

Boston sends: W Jake DeBrusk (24), C Travis Frederick, C David Krecji , 2021 1st rd, 2023 3rd rd

Dallas receives: C David Krecji

Boston receives: RW Patrick Kane

Chicago receives: W Jake DeBrusk, C Travis Frederick, RW Alex Radulov, G Jake Oettinger, 2021 1st (Boston), 2022 2nd (Dallas), 2023 3rd (Boston)

Then you’d have to think Radulov would be moved either at off season or next deadline. He is certainly a good player, just not in our plans.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Is it time to trade Kane? 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm

If you could get that Haul for Kane- you’d have to jump on it. Top 6 wing DeBrusk - B+ Center prospect, B level goalie prospect, a 1st,2nd, and 3rd and a vet goal scoring trade chip.

I’d do it no question. Boston would clearly have to fill the space with a center though. Would think a second move would be involved.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:18 pm

GRADEN wrote:Answer is clearly no... because with 3 years left and hopefully good hockey ahead for Dach you are going to want him to have an elite wing to help that development.

However, to sell now at 32 while he is still at this elite playmaking level is very tempting.

He would have to agree to the deal as well so I imagine only a few spots would tempt him to move... have to think hometown Buffalo, Rangers, Bruins, Vegas all in the yes I’d consider it list.

So just looking at those teams and how it could get done I’m really starting at Boston.

They are down this year... not a typical Bruins roster. They need either an elite wing or D man. Problem is that they’d need to include Krecji in a deal with Kane. Would they do that? He is in his final year of deal.

Boston sends: W Jake DeBrusk (24), C Trent Frederick, C David Krecji , 2021 1st rd, 2023 3rd rd

Dallas receives: C David Krecji

Boston receives: RW Patrick Kane

Chicago receives: W Jake DeBrusk, C Trent Frederick, RW Alex Radulov, G Jake Oettinger, 2021 1st (Boston), 2022 2nd (Dallas), 2023 3rd (Boston)

Then you’d have to think Radulov would be moved either at off season or next deadline. He is certainly a good player, just not in our plans.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Thinking on it more I think you can scratch the oettinger inclusion - they won’t give him at all
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:16 am

I understand the logic behind it, that Kane is still elite but getting older, so trade him while he has value to help rebuild this roster. It’s tempting for that reason, but it would be a heartbreaking day if it ever happened, and I think you’d have riots on the streets of Chicago if you did.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:37 pm

I agree with all that, but my history brain says that the Boston Celtics / Detroit redwings of history say you need to sell high or be stuck in a long rebuild

Return to Chicago Blackhawks