3-10 updates - thoughts 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:30 pm

Kaner gets goal 400 and game 1,000

Dach skates with the team

Toews shares video first time in months

Murphy has 5min match penalty / hearing

2 straight loses giving up 6 goals

Went from drafting 20th to now 14th in 2 weeks

Ok, so we’ve been really inconsistent lately. It’s been a turnover machine trying to exit the d-zone. Kane has had 3 horrible turnovers that led to immediate A+ chances for the opposition. Zadorov has had some, Mitchell, de Haan.... it hasn’t been good.

Our goalies / both of them have given up soft rebounds that led to goals. After being amazing against TBL, Subban had his worst game of the season against Dallas. KL32 also not good last 3 starts.

Still in that 4th spot but a lot of teams coming up that can overtake us quickly. You can almost pencil in TB / Canes / Florida so it’s really about the Hawks, Preds, Stars, CBJ figuring out who wants that spot.

Positives: Adam Boqvist. He has really impressed after returning. I saw he cut through 4 guys last night with moves I haven’t seen from anyone not named Shea Theodore. It was an A chance that he created from nothing. He also has had a ton of good point shots and has been better on board battles. His turnovers have gone down and I really like his progression.

Zadorov has been slightly better of late as well. I haven’t noticed him over the last 5-7 games and that’s a good thing.

De Haan is slllllow out there... he holds too long. I think his IQ is off the charts and he is crafty out there. However, his body can’t keep up. Seattle, he is yours if you want him.

We need better passing and less rebounds and we should get back to our competitive ways.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks